Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter's presence influential in latest signings

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Why does a grain of hope that our new manager might be doing something right seem to give some pillocks licence to denigrate everything CH did? CH did a brilliant job for this club; end of. Anyone who thinks different is an idiot.
Who knows what this window - and the pre-season friendlies - would have been like if CH wassail in charge? None of us on NSC, that's for certain. We are in a different place now - for better or for worse - the proof of the pudding will be in the eating. Here's hoping it's good (and even if it's f*kcin' brilliant, that still doesn't make CH a failure, even if you'd been shouting for him to go since Christmas!).

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
What a ridiculous thread. Hughton is a hugely respected man and coach throughout the game and can’t imagine any player would’ve had a problem signing for him if the right funds were available.

I think it is fair to say that we developed a definate reputation for negative football last season. I think it's also fair to say that players do consider those kinds of things when deciding whether to move to a club.

No doubt in my mind that there would be players turning us down right now because of that reputation, if the plan had been for more of the same next season.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Why does a grain of hope that our new manager might be doing something right seem to give some pillocks licence to denigrate everything CH did? CH did a brilliant job for this club; end of. Anyone who thinks different is an idiot.
Who knows what this window - and the pre-season friendlies - would have been like if CH wassail in charge? None of us on NSC, that's for certain. We are in a different place now - for better or for worse - the proof of the pudding will be in the eating. Here's hoping it's good (and even if it's f*kcin' brilliant, that still doesn't make CH a failure, even if you'd been shouting for him to go since Christmas!).

ch=ledge

i think all the posters thinking hughts could do no wrong, and we're all of to hell in a handcart, cos his employer fired him did start to grate a bit.

obvious reaction i'm thinking

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Nobody is saying CH was a failure as far as I can tell.

But the reality is that when he left we weren't a club playing good football, we weren't a club looking good for next season, we weren't a club where the players (or the fans) seemed to be enjoying the football. This wasn't a particularly happy or confident camp, and that was coming across even to the casual observer.

CH was a success here, and we were a success under his charge for the most part. But our form, our morale and our reputation were all dropping like a stone, and this window was either going to come with the club in the midst of an unresolved descent, or it was going to come with the club at the beginning of a fresh start.

I think we could have seen a more difficult transfer window had it not been the latter.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Nobody is saying CH was a failure as far as I can tell.

But the reality is that when he left we weren't a club playing good football, we weren't a club looking good for next season, we weren't a club where the players (or the fans) seemed to be enjoying the football. This wasn't a particularly happy or confident camp, and that was coming across even to the casual observer.

CH was a success here, and we were a success under his charge for the most part. But our form, our morale and our reputation were all dropping like a stone, and this window was either going to come with the club in the midst of an unresolved descent, or it was going to come with the club at the beginning of a fresh start.

I think we could have seen a more difficult transfer window had it not been the latter.

bob on

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Well said...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

el punal

Do the contingent still lamenting CH's departure honestly think we would have been able to bring the same players in had he stayed?

Webster referenced the new gaffer directly, Maupay hasn't in the initial interview but the clean slate and progressive ideals must have held weight for these players.

You can’t compare - just leave it at that.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
New manager, new vision, new enthusiasm. Easy to sell to an incoming player, so yes.
Also - no need for them to get measured up by the shackle fitter prior to signing, which may have put a few off.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
As manager of NSC’s Weakest Link Relay Team from the running thread boys, I would like to say that the grovelling ***** say how happy they are with my mediocre management. What else can they do, if they want to play?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Do the contingent still lamenting CH's departure honestly think we would have been able to bring the same players in had he stayed?

Webster referenced the new gaffer directly, Maupay hasn't in the initial interview but the clean slate and progressive ideals must have held weight for these players.

Two Championship players, a League 1 player and a bloke from Genk?
Gosh. Yes. We've reached for the stars.

Are you a bit simple?

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin

Are you a bit simple?

Ah yes. We should be spending £50m MINIMUM to secure the services of seasoned premier league players. Should be looking at the likes of CARROLL and BENTEKE. Absolute titans of the game.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
God are we going to get this shit on everything GP does?

CH was great until it went wrong
GP will be great.
Why the insistence on playing them off?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I shudder to think but it suddenly occurs to me there are people on here who constantly weigh up the merits of their missus versus the exes, every day. Every day. :ffsparr:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

Are you a bit simple?

I love the way Maupay made it clear that he wouldn’t be here if it weren’t for Potter’s positive philosophy. You might want to reflect on that TSB.

You also might want to stop belittling our new signings before they’ve had a chance to show what they can do. Your incessant negative spin is an embarrassment to you.

Oh, and Mr 9-0——————————————-1 has gone, so get over it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here