Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Have you seen enough in Trossard to justify his FEE?

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I think Trossard has the potential to be an excellent addition.
Since some posters have made comparisons with Knockaert, I would say that on his day (sadly not enough days), Knockaert was a game-changer.
I hope Trossard will prove to be equally dynamic and more consistent......

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
This thread was about Trossard I said what I feel is you can't judge him so early against friendlies.

I mentioned I also would not judge Potter fully until about 12 games, which is exactly the way I judged Hughton, If as a fan of 45 years I don't like his mentality and defend as soon as possible that is my prerogative and I voted with my feet.

That is why I even mentioned it, so I think you're both being over sensitive, NooBHA I understand why as main Hughton promoter, but my Best man Gullsworth and ex-lodger, what have I done apart from having an opinion that you disagree on???

Not being over sensitive mate, surely by the tone of my post (unlike another poster who give it to you with both barrells) you could tell i was trying to nudge your memory that under CH we had probably the best period of successfull football which culminated in Tony Blooms dream of Premier League football after 3 other managers had failed. I cannot see why any Brighton would deny Hughton the plaudits he deserves for this achievement..
Bloom ultimately called time on Hughtons run of disastrous results and performances and has gambled on a novice manager at this level, We all want Potter to succeed and in my opinion I am pleased he went down this route rather than turn to the manager merry go round of stale managers.
So Mouldy you've done nothing wrong in having an opinion different from me, many have but we all want the best for our Club, but in having a different opinion it should not alter the facts about our past......surely you never stopped watching Albion in our promotion season because you thought Chris Hughtons tactics were too negative did you?

Anyway will we be seeing your little face at the footie occasionally now we have a new manager?

Oh and to keep on topic......i think Trossard is the real deal and will cut it in The Premier League when he gets used to a more physical game. He has the skill, speed, footballing brain and I didn't need to see him play severall games to see he has that just hoping he can adapt quickly.

Last edited:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Where the **** have you been for 4 years. "At her Majesty's Pleasure" ? Four years ago Brighton were heading for League One. The They are now in their third year in the PL. Your can aim some criticism Chris' way
in certain aspects in style of football in the last year. But four years of negativity. You need a ****in reality check. Brighton wouldn't be in the PL now without him. Go and watch a ****in egg boil coz you need something to compare the last four years with

I agree completely. Well, almost. Some of our performances in the Championship, especially at home, were scintillating. 5-0 v Narch, the first 30 minutes of the Massive play-off semi-final, big wins against QPR and Fulham, Derby at home in the promotion season, Wolves and QPR away ... Of course we had to change in the Premier League and in the first season my only criticism is that we dropped points against teams that we could have beaten with better finishing or better refereeing - Burnley, Everton, Stoke.

But there comes a point with many managers where the ideas dry up or the players don't listen any more. I don't think he could see past a certain way of playing any longer towards the end of last season, or else the players weren't being motivated to rise above a safety-first plod. But 4 years of negativity? Definitely not.

D

Deleted member 2719

Anyway will we be seeing your little face at the footie occasionally now we have a new manager?

Oh and to keep on topic......i think Trossard is the real deal and will cut it in The Premier League when he gets used to a more physical game. He has the skill, speed, footballing brain and I didn't need to see him play severall games to see he has that just hoping he can adapt quickly.

Yes, I will be back to see my 3rd love, 33 months exiled, hopefully never to be repeated.

I think we have all judged players over one or two games in their Albion infancy and ended up looking like muppets so, I still will not be judging any until they have played some top-level minutes, as I don't want to look like gonzo.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Just as writing someone off on the same basis would be ridiculous, two friendlies against weak opposition is enough to justify a fee these days?

Ryan Harley had more quality league starts for us than this bloke has had so far.

Kneejerktastic.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This thread was about Trossard I said what I feel is you can't judge him so early against friendlies.

I mentioned I also would not judge Potter fully until about 12 games, which is exactly the way I judged Hughton, If as a fan of 45 years I don't like his mentality and defend as soon as possible that is my prerogative and I voted with my feet.

I am consistent if nothing else.

Potter has a clean slate, I like what I hear and he has my full support, as I was saying he has to shift the mentality of the players as much as the style in a very short time which is monumental.

That is why I even mentioned it, so I think you're both being over sensitive, NooBHA I understand why as main Hughton promoter, but my Best man Gullsworth and ex-lodger, what have I done apart from having an opinion that you disagree on???

I thought you voted with your feet over your seven year old's missing free shirt, not because of the manager.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Looked very good yesterday. Yes, against a side that will stuggle in The Championship, but he looked like he offers something very different, with a bit of flair and decent technique but also very much demanding the ball and putting himself about. Only issue is I don't see him and Gross fitting in to the same starting XI as, for me, he's ideal in that number 10 role.

This is somthing I keep thinking about who could fill the number 10 role who has a quick feet able to play that killer pass all last season I was thinking Locardia, Ali, Solly, Propper and Gross all could fulfil that role and now Trossard clearly I know nothing

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just as writing someone off on the same basis would be ridiculous, two friendlies against weak opposition is enough to justify a fee these days?

Ryan Harley had more quality league starts for us than this bloke has had so far.

Kneejerktastic.

Good to see the optimism creeping into your posts :rolleyes:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Absolutely, however he does on what I’ve seen so far, appear to be more of a team player than AK

So hang on, along with [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] you need at least a year or so to pass judgement on some players, but can pass an opinion within a couple of hours of watching another? :whistle:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I thought you voted with your feet over your seven year old's missing free shirt, not because of the manager.

That’s what he said at the time - several times. He also said he’d never return all the time Barber was at the club. And yet now he says that he’s returning and “I am consistent if nothing else”.

Laughable.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So hang on, along with [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] you need at least a year or so to pass judgement on some players, but can pass an opinion within a couple of hours of watching another? :whistle:

Now now sweet-pea, calm down, you'll get the hard of thinking in all of a lather.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Saturday was the first I'd seen of him, and I was very impressed. Of course nobody has seen enough of him yet to deliver a verdict of any substance, and the paucity of the opposition must also be taken into account. But he largely delivered what I wanted to see from him. He was busy, involved, found pockets of space and was always making himself available, looking to get on the ball. 3 assists and some nicely weighted passes, although he did carelessly give it away on a couple of occasions. Overall though I thought he really looked the part and should only get better as he adapts to the pace of the game over here and to GP's tactics.

Hopefully there'll be a stream up and running for the Valencia game so I can see more of the same.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I haven’t seen a single thing and I don’t think he is

We are doomed

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Very early days but like the look of him so far. Neat, hardworking and a bit of quality to his passing/crossing. Different character from Knocky.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
If we're getting (supposedly) £12m or so for Knockaert, then he could end up being a bargain. Got high hopes based on the little I've seen so far.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

When did I say that? I liked what I saw of Locadia in his first game against Coventry!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here