Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I know it's very early days, but if he can avoid misfortune then Pinot has his best chance ever of winning a GT.

Great performance today. I'd absolutely love it if he could win this bike race!

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Popped in to the Rapha store in London on Saturday while the Mrs & Jnr were at the theatre. Sat and watched the last 40km of the TDF Stage 1 in the cafe - great place to visit if anyone is up in London and needs their cycling "fix". Also went in to Assos which is just down from Lillywhites. Lovely gear in there, and some amazing Wyndy Milla bikes upstairs :love:

Just a shame I put both Fuglsang & Groenewegen in my fantasy team....:facepalm:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
In my relief for getting 25mm tyres gravel riding round the New Forest I forgot to moan about South Western trains:-

Me and the kids took our bikes to Brockenhurst, obs not a problem on Southern to Southampton Central (although at Fareham the platform was on the wrong side d'oh).

We changed to SW there for the New Forest, one more stop.

Coming back there was 5 guards on the station and 3 of them went nuts as we tried to cram our bikes into the designated space:-

'we only allow 3 bikes per train'

So a train going through the New Forest one stop from Southampton and they only allow 3 bikes!

Not many people are grateful to get back on Southern but at least they were happy to let us bundle our bikes in, wherever we wanted.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
First GC man over the line today :wink:

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Could Colmar stake a claim today to be the most picturesque town ever to host Le Tour? Hard to argue against it tbh....stunning.

le-fer-rouge.jpg88.jpg
1519622591091.jpgquartier-tanneurs-colmar.jpg
Maison-Pfister-Colmar-©-French-Moments.jpg

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Reports today suggesting that Katusha will fold at the end of the season.

That really is sad.

Possibly also explains why their riders are keen to get into the breakaway each day - they are auditioning for a job elsewhere.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
€1.51 a litre Total.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Reports today suggesting that Katusha will fold at the end of the season.

That really is sad.

Possibly also explains why their riders are keen to get into the breakaway each day - they are auditioning for a job elsewhere.

DS last night saying this isnt the case, and they will be around next year - but are looking for new sponsors (apparently to replace Alpecin) & have 10 riders signed to contracts already.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Dan Martin is at 20/1 to win today.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Yesterday was my first foray into stage betting for the race as I can't resist predicting will it or won't it for the break and who will get in it.
I had small ew's on Politt, Trentin, Cortina, Wurtz Smidt and Meurisse.
Trentin's 3rd place meant I only lost about 18p instead of about £1.80 :lol:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Xandro Meurisse might be a good shout for this year's KoM Jersey. In the break today and seen him clip off the front of the peloton on climbs a few times already before today.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Wow! That was a turn up for the books! Great ride by the break, superb KoM battle and brilliant win for Teuns!

I was convinced the break couldn't survive today. I looked at Meurisse before the stage @125/1 but was sure he'd just get KoM points then the GC battle for the stage would take over on the final climb.

A mention for G too. Great ride today! I was sure the GC battle would be between Pinot and Bernal, starting with today's stage.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here