Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Match Thread : England Women vs USA Womens World Cup Semifinal

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Seems to me that England have routinely coughed up a lot of chances to the opposition in this competition.

The US are the first who can and will take advantage of that.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Would like to see us win,if only to see Hope Solo (is that really her name? :lolol:) give us any credit.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
When they turn it on, the US side look a cut above any women’s football I’ve seen.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Have they just completely gotten rid of VAR halfway through the tournament?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
A referee issuing cards based on injuries... pathetic. The female Mike Dean?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Seems to me that England have routinely coughed up a lot of chances to the opposition in this competition.

The US are the first who can and will take advantage of that.

Totally agree.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
This has the feel of an England's men semi final. As soon as we come up against a decent side we lose.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The women’s game is even worse for feigning injury and the ref stopping it. The standard of referees is very poor considering.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The yank girls squeal a lot

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
This has the feel of an England's men semi final. As soon as we come up against a decent side we lose.

The standard kind of gets better as you go through a tourno though....!

I’d also argue Croatia & Spain are pretty decent sides at the moment (Nations League)

I’d also argue Holland & Spain were decent enough in 96

I assume you’re basing that comment on last years WC which I’d disagree with also. As Colombia, Sweden etc are decent sides and all there on merit having won many qualifiers. I find that comment about last year only losing to ‘decent’ sides a little insulting to our achievements and a bit lazy / The Sun like personally...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Only one yellow so far for simulation though.

Yeh which is usually diving. I’m not saying they dive more - I think they actually dive less. But do go down for the slightest injury a lot more. And the refs buy it every time.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
The standard kind of gets better as you go through a tourno though....!

I’d also argue Croatia & Spain are pretty decent sides at the moment (Nations League)

I’d also argue Holland & Spain were decent enough in 96

I assume you’re basing that comment on last years WC which I’d disagree with also. As Colombia, Sweden etc are decent sides and all there on merit having won many qualifiers. I find that comment about last year only losing to ‘decent’ sides a little insulting to our achievements and a bit lazy / The Sun like personally...
There was 1990 as well. As for last year, come on Sweden in the quarter final were full of championship quality players. I know they historically seem to raise their standard against England though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here