Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] British IS Girl wanting to return to the UK

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Incredible naivety if Sajid Javid genuinely didn't see this coming by Bangladesh. I see he confirmed on Peston last night he wont make anyone stateless after their Ministries statements.

Put the boot on the other foot - imagine the reaction here if Bangladesh had revoked the citizenship of one of their nationals who'd never been to The UK and the onus was suddenly thrust on us to take them in and issue them with British citizenship - It's just international, diplomatic jihadist NIMBYism

Perhaps Sajid Javed could twist the Bangladesh governments arm by offering to increase aid over and above the current paltry £200 million per year they receive from the UK taxpayer .

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Perhaps Sajid Javed could twist the Bangladesh governments arm by offering to increase aid over and above the current paltry £200 million per year they receive from the UK taxpayer .

Or perhaps the DFID budget has got nothing to do with this.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Of course not but a little extra is always nice to have

I see Penny Mordaunt has been visiting Bangladesh of all places just this week as DIFD Secretary of State. Taking British Jihadists, who've never been there, on as Bangladeshi citizens and increasing the budget doesn't seem to have been mentioned though -

https://twitter.com/DFID_UK

Refusing to accept Ms Begum as a citizen though - they should really know their place and show us some respect - we're British.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
IMG-20190221-WA0000.jpg

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6729677/Jeremy-Corbyn-says-Shamima-Begum-let-Britain.html

Jeremy Corbyn says Shamima Begum SHOULD be let back into Britain and 'given our support' after ISIS bride was stripped of UK citizenship

Wow! Him and Jacob Rees-Mogg have got something in common then:

https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/q...ys-we-should-have-sympathy-for-shamima-begum/

Jacob Rees-Mogg says ‘we SHOULD have sympathy’ for Isis bride Shamima Begum

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Let's put it this way.....

Had she pitched up on tv and said:

"I was young and believed the lies I was told"
"I abhor the policies of IS and totally reject them"
"I was thoroughly ashamed and upset by the heads of IS "enemies" in a bucket"
"I realise that what I did was wrong and am truly sorry"
"I should never have turned against the UK and supported a terrorist organisation that wants to destroy all non-Muslims"

If she had said all those things BEFORE IS was soundly beaten in Syria.................

But she didn't did she? Totally unrepentent. Let her back in and she will be one of those radicalising the next generation of young Muslim girls.

There is no place for her in our green and pleasant land.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia

"I should never have turned against the UK and supported a terrorist organisation that wants to destroy all non-Muslims"

If she had said all those things BEFORE IS was soundly beaten in Syria.................

But she didn't did she? Totally unrepentent. Let her back in and she will be one of those radicalising the next generation of young Muslim girls.

She won't be welcomed in what is left of our our green and pleasant land however in her home caliphate of Bethnal Green she most certainly will be .

kjgood

In the continued absence of the baby's Dutch father, what would it prove or solve?

As a thought if it were proven that the baby had dual nationality i.e. dutch father we could also withdraw the right to british citizenship to the baby as well as the mother.

The mother and possibly the father both who belong/belonged to a terrorist organisation would then by default not get entry to the uk.

Just a thought

kjgood

To be fair if she had of said those things probably even now her head would be in a bucket.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here