Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bissouma

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Frustrating player, excellent to win the ball and run with it, but this crappy shooting from distance thing puts us under pressure more times than not

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Bissouma was excellent today and IMO needs to be starting. Yes he is raw and yes he makes mistakes but he also put in a fantastic shift, made some great tackles and drives forward like no other player we have. I would start him ahead of Gross or March, it would depend though on the rest of the starting line up.

Does he shoot too often, possibly but that is often because there is no other outlet.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Bissouma was excellent today and IMO needs to be starting. Yes he is raw and yes he makes mistakes but he also put in a fantastic shift, made some great tackles and drives forward like no other player we have. I would start him ahead of Gross or March, it would depend though on the rest of the starting line up.

Does he shoot too often, possibly but that is often because there is no other outlet.

Exactly ...I mean how old is he?22!!! Of course he is going to make mistakes...shoot perhaps when he should pass...was silly in getting booked etc...but he gives us something different and offers so much creativity ...for the second goal he won the ball near the halfway line...play progressed one side of the pitch to the other ..him making a clever cute pass to Kayal...eventually he takes the bal from Bruno...slips the Derby player and creates space for a lovely shot that hit the post and out fo Locadia to finish.
Considering his age and experience I think those some peeps are being too critical and perhaps should be a little bit more patient......my MOTM today

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
He is clearly a talent, I would say the most talented player we have. His decision making is often wrong, but this can change.

Simply, he will either develop maturity in his decision-making and be sold for at least 4x what Albion paid, or he won’t and he won’t.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

You'd start him on the right wing? When has he ever played there before?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
You'd start him on the right wing? When has he ever played there before?

Did I say that cause I don't think I did. Gross is not a winger but on that subject we seem to have a fixation with wingers at the club which is strange because none of them are really able to get to the bye line and deliver crosses. As said in my original comment it would need to depend on who else starts but we need to make room for him as he offers something very different to the rest. Given that you raised question of the winger position I have to say he would have done a damn site better job as a winger than Ali J did today.

In fact Bissouma's cross from the right wing for AK's goal was excellent.

Last edited:

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
Bissouma needs to play every week for us, why...

Because no other player in our current midfield has the talent or inclination to attack the opposition as he does, this gets them on the back foot, advantage Albion.

His shooting maybe slightly wayward but I'd rather he shot than dilly dally on the ball until he loses it, which others in our side do all too often, and I'm sure his shooting will improve the more times he gets to play.

His enthusiasm to go on a run & attack the opposition might actually spread to some other players, you never know, this tactic may actually give us the edge in the games to come.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Bissouma is exciting, he is still young and will get better. We need to keep starting him and bear with him, he is a game changer, a match winner.

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Did absolutely nothing when he came on against Burnley as a replacement for Gross and was asked to play as a number 10.

Potentially a great player and great at turning defence into attack through midfield, but lacks the final pass (and accurate shot) of Gross. So not sure where he plays. Stephens is better as a defensive midfielder and Propper better as the attacking one.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Did absolutely nothing when he came on against Burnley as a replacement for Gross and was asked to play as a number 10.

Potentially a great player and great at turning defence into attack through midfield, but lacks the final pass (and accurate shot) of Gross. So not sure where he plays. Stephens is better as a defensive midfielder and Propper better as the attacking one.

Accurate shot of Gross? Please remind me of how many goals he's scored.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's most unlike a certain poster to be negative about Albion players.
If only they played for Spurs.

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patreon
Jun 26, 2009
East
When both are fit, Bissouma and Propper should be our first choice midfield partnership in my opinion.

If he continues to develop as he has done/is doing we may well end up losing Bissouma to a VERY big club, possibly even someone bigger than Sheffield Wednesday.

FFS! :angry:

This is what really pisses me off about NSC sometimes. There’s a reasonable number of sensible, informed posts (ok, amongst a fair amount of dross too), but then there’s also some ludicrously fanciful bol****s like this.

You’ve let yourself down there Frutos - I quite like the majority of what you have to say on NSC, but then you have to go and spoil it.
Even in that one single post, you start off well with some sense, move on to a bit of speculation (still probable IMO), but then go and spoil it with some utter drivel.

Who the f*** is bigger than Wednesday??!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
I thought he was very good for 60 mins yesterday and then drifted out of it a bit.

Should he start next match ? If he was to start I would probably play him in place of Gross, but I did notice that only having our 3rd choice dead ball player yesterday (Knocky) we didn't look threatening at all from set pieces and that is where we have scored a lot this season. I wouldn't change Stephens or Propper as I think Stephens is our best DM to break up play and shield the back 4 and Propper looks much more dangerous in one of the advanced roles.

So, the question is do we give up Gross dead ball delivery for Bissouma's drive ? (And does that get effected by whether Solly, our 2nd choice dead ball player is starting).

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Did I say that cause I don't think I did. Gross is not a winger but on that subject we seem to have a fixation with wingers at the club which is strange because none of them are really able to get to the bye line and deliver crosses. As said in my original comment it would need to depend on who else starts but we need to make room for him as he offers something very different to the rest. Given that you raised question of the winger position I have to say he would have done a damn site better job as a winger than Ali J did today.

In fact Bissouma's cross from the right wing for AK's goal was excellent.

You said that he should start instead of Gross or March. March plays on the wing, so you did.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Errrr yeah, perhaps because he's not a no.10. Shall we put him in goal and criticise him there too? Some of these comments... :laugh:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here