Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Wagamama full vegan English breakfast.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Because people like the taste of meat but not the cruelty of it you dense ****

bit strong. are you telling me the turmeric tofu tastes like scrambled eggs? the faux-sausage taste like pork? and how does that work for those vegetarians and vegans that gave up meat because they dont like the taste ???

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Blimey. Being obtuse is your stock-in-trade, isn't it?

Oh and tell us where on this website vegans have been threatened with violence or death...........

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
bit strong. are you telling me the turmeric tofu tastes like scrambled eggs? the faux-sausage taste like pork? and how does that work for those vegetarians and vegans that gave up meat because they dont like the taste ???

Then they don’t eat it, obviously. The thickness of some people never fails to amaze

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
i am fascinated at the desire for vegan food wanting to look like meat, though. heres a good example, why make use "full english" instead of a new breakfast name?

Some of it, is all to do with clever advertising in the foodie world.
Sometimes if you advertise what it actually is, doesn't work.
But if you create smoke and mirrors, then it might actually seem enticing to eat to some.
We eat Tofu, which comes in a block, which looks like a tepid sponge.
When you add certain ingredients to it, it becomes more appetising to eat.
An example of this is when Mrs AR, cuts it into cubes, roasts in Soy Sauce or Tamari, then adds to a stir fry.
It's actually quite nice.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
Some of it, is all to do with clever advertising in the foodie world.
Sometimes if you advertise what it actually is, doesn't work.
But if you create smoke and mirrors, then it might actually seem enticing to eat to some.
We eat Tofu, which comes in a block, which looks like a tepid sponge.
When you add certain ingredients to it, it becomes more appetising to eat.
An example of this is when Mrs AR, cuts it into cubes, roasts in Soy Sauce or Tamari, then adds to a stir fry.
It's actually quite nice.

i do get tempted by tofu in Japanese/Korean style, its all about the flavouring with that umami taste anyway.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
i do get tempted by tofu in Japanese/Korean style, its all about the flavouring with that umami taste anyway.

My wife used to be head chef at Compass head office, a few years back, and a lot of food sampling/tasting was always on the menu for the clientele in the food industry.
Whether vegan or non vegan, most tastes were covered.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I'm not vegetarian or vegan but had a handful of veggie and vegan breakfasts over the past couple of years when out with friends/family and I've thoroughly enjoyed them. It's just food.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Why is it made but fails to look like meat?

Surely the transparents don’t even want their grains and seeds to look fleshy

Hehehehe.

Upset by a vegetarian sausage?

You do realise that ACTUAL meat doesn’t grow naturally in sausages either??

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I've mates with a vegan food company - think Tesco UK are going to list their stuff soon. They do 'bacon', mince, 'chicken' and burgers.

Their 'bacon', Real Lancashire Black Pudding vPud and McCartney sausages is honestly barely distinguishable from a meat fryup - add whatever other non-animal bits you'd add anyway - except there is absolutely nothing that can replace the fried egg as of yet. So I'm out. I believe there's something that sort-of resembles scrambled egg, but I rarely eat that.

My sister is vegeterian because she doesn't like the texture. Won't touch vegan meat substitutes. Has a car with full leather interior, and plenty of handbags. Know vegans who would drool at a steakhouse and use meat substitutes in most meals - yet wear plastic shoes and check the back of every wine bottle to see if it specifies it didn't use isinglass.

Its really rather pathetic to go down the "why do you want it to look/taste like meat?" argument when you already know the answer before asking.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Kin hell. Some of these vegan types are a bit touchy on here.

Get yourself a nice lentil soup and a cup of water to calm yourselves down.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
Kin hell. Some of these vegan types are a bit touchy on here.

Get yourself a nice lentil soup and a cup of water to calm yourselves down.

probably from lack of vitamin B12.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
The breakfast at Salvage is to die for!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm not vegetarian or vegan but had a handful of veggie and vegan breakfasts over the past couple of years when out with friends/family and I've thoroughly enjoyed them. It's just food.

I went to a fully plant based, and sometimes raw, restaurant over the summer. I liked it so much I went back and will seek out further places.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
One of the great things about vegetarians and vegans is they have a brilliant ability to flush out tedious, boring and sniping right wingers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here