Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brutal but true?

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
We were rubbish from start to finish. Our only moment of quality in 90 minutes is the cross from March and the simple header from Dunk. Nothing else that we did showed any real quality and that is the problem. Yes, refereeing did us no favours on the day but neither did playing wingers as full backs and pretending that Cardiff are a brilliant team. They're a steaming pile of rubbish and we were pathetic against them.

I am as angry about the "performance" as I was when we lost to Walsall's goalkeeper.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Brave? I call it moronic. As has already been pointed out, Hughton has highlighted the fact the officials cost us points and is not the sort to publicly bollock his players. This just marks Harris out as a complete nob by choosing to berate Hughton for daring to comment on the officials mistake at all.

Sorry for agreeing with you,but THIS 100%.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
We were rubbish from start to finish. Our only moment of quality in 90 minutes is the cross from March and the simple header from Dunk. Nothing else that we did showed any real quality and that is the problem. Yes, refereeing did us no favours on the day but neither did playing wingers as full backs and pretending that Cardiff are a brilliant team. They're a steaming pile of rubbish and we were pathetic against them.

I am as angry about the "performance" as I was when we lost to Walsall's goalkeeper.

Agree with your post, but you forgot Izzy's shot that was well saved by the keeper. :)

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
Nobody will ever know, but Stephens tackle probably cost us at least 1 point. If's, buts, and maybe's

Hughton was miffed, that was obvious, but that was probably more with our performance than the incorrect decision.

Bring on VAR!!

VAR works both ways, you know. Didn't we win by a 'dodgy' goal a couple of weeks ago?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
<snip>

Bring on VAR!!

This. With sliced lime and a salt-lick.

Meanwhile in the real world, the FA are seriously planning to re-charge Maureen for talking bollocks in Portuguese, and charge the saintly Pep for 'talking about a referee before a game'. FFS. Tossweasels. They don't want VAR for the same reason that the philosophers in Hitch Hiker's Guide were against the revelation of the question for which the answer was 42. Self-regarding load of lemon-sucking tut-tutterclengers.

Last edited:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
He should be pointing out that there must of been doubt about the officials decisions if one of the most honest and polite managers you will ever come across was angry about the said contentious decisions. We all know CH would have been angry about the nature of his teams performance but he rarely gets that animated concerning game changing incidents. The author should have known Hughtons history of not blaming the officials inability of reaching a correct decision to cover up his sides shortcomings. Plank.

WilburySeagull

Sep 2, 2017
Hove
Correction

This. With sliced lime and a salt-lick.

Meanwhile in the real world, the FA are seriously planning to re-charge Maureen for talking bollocks in Portuguese, and charge the saintly Pep for 'talking about a referee before a game'. FFS. Tossweasels. They don't want VAR for the same reason that the philosophers in Hitch Hiker's Guide were against the revelation of the question for which the answer was 42. Self-regarding load of lemon-sucking tut-tutterclengers.

Just for the sake of balance. The fa want VAR its the premier league delaying it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Thought you'd like that Harry!:lolol::lolol:
Hope all is well in Faversham!

:lolol:

All lovely here. I am so near to France I can almost smell the garlic and taste the wine.

Or is it Holland? Sometimes I forget.

:kiss::cheers:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Just for the sake of balance. The fa want VAR its the premier league delaying it.

Many thanks for the heads up. I did notice in my yahoo email box this morning the latest from the Evening Anus and I'll quote:

" Top-flight clubs meet in central London on Thursday with the introduction of video referees, as used in other top leagues such as Serie A and LaLiga Santander, likely to come up for debate.

The Argus understands senior figures at Albion are in favour of VAR being introduced for the start of next season. "

So by the 'premier league' I assume you mean the clubs, rather than the organization that manages the PL (the FA). Can the clubs actually veto rule changes introduced by the FA? Hmmm.....if so that's a worry. Can you explain exactly how it works (are the clubs a bit like the House of Lords, and the FA like parliament)?

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
CH was incredibly restrained.

Imagine what the reaction would have been like if a top-four side had lost to that goal and then seen the official fail to book the goalscorer for taking his shirt off. Or if it had decided the Manc derby on Super Sunday. Or, say, Pogba had been sent off for that challenge.

We restricted a Premier League side to very few chances at their place when they were a man up. Almost went ahead again. Deserved at least a point.

WilburySeagull

Sep 2, 2017
Hove
Many thanks for the heads up. I did notice in my yahoo email box this morning the latest from the Evening Anus and I'll quote:

" Top-flight clubs meet in central London on Thursday with the introduction of video referees, as used in other top leagues such as Serie A and LaLiga Santander, likely to come up for debate.

The Argus understands senior figures at Albion are in favour of VAR being introduced for the start of next season. "

So by the 'premier league' I assume you mean the clubs, rather than the organization that manages the PL (the FA). Can the clubs actually veto rule changes introduced by the FA? Hmmm.....if so that's a worry. Can you explain exactly how it works (are the clubs a bit like the House of Lords, and the FA like parliament)?

Not in anyway an expert in who decides what but my understanding is that the intro of Var requires the agreement of a majority of the premier league clubs not the FA. The FA have as i imagine you know introduced VAR for FA cup games involving premier league teams at home.

The FA is not a great organisation but not to blame for VAR delay.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011

I'm guessing here but I suspect that the reason for the PL wanting to delay VAR is that they know that the current bunch of officials really aren't very good. There would be so many decisions being sent to VAR that the game could end up lasting four hours!

The current crop of PL officials are pretty poor and very inconsistent. If Martin Atkinson is supposed to be the best we have, then you can judge for yourselves how crap the others must be. The fact that not one of our officials was deemed sufficiently competent to referee at the WC says it all really.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here