Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Oops relapse.
Is that you in disguise, Westdene Seagull?

Merriam-Webster definition
retard noun
re·​tard
Definition of retard (Entry 2 of 2)
1 \ ri-​ˈtärd \ : a holding back or slowing down : RETARDATION
2 \ ˈrē-​ˌtärd \ offensive : a person affected with mental retardation
3 \ ˈrē-​ˌtärd \ informal usually offensive: a foolish or stupid person

So it depends how you interpret it; those with a predisposition to speak and think the worst will naturally go for definition 2 - that's the way they are.

Unfortunately,creatures like you will always have an excuse for their vileness.And no.Westdene thinks I'm a complete C<n*

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
They need a legally binding assurance from yourself that you at cancelling your Brexit party on Friday night. Oh, and that’ll be the easy bit for you; telling PPF it’s not happening will be a lot tougher. I’ve even heard that he has got hold of a 6ltr mini Bud Light keg for the occasion, dilly dilly.

Not leaving on Friday ............

You speak for yourself sweet cheeks,as of 11pm on Friday I cease to be a European citizen.

By legal default, on our way.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I get that the EU has agreed to extend A50 on the condition that MV3 or even MV4 takes place,if, as is being speculated no MVs take place then surely the extension would be void,does an MP need to table an amendment to extend or does UK law have to change the date?

The extension to April 12th is unconditional. The goalposts can be moved again if required.

By international legal treaty default, not on our way.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
New information now available? What happened to your claim that everything had substantively changed and we knew exactly what we would vote on this time .. despite not knowing what deal we might leave on .. if there would even be a deal or what our future economic realtionship would be. There are many remainers on this thread who aren't bright enough to realise how disengenous or dishonest their arguments are, many others are just trolls. You have no such excuse. Principles, honesty, integrity, consistency are sadly lacking in 95% of remainers posts on this thread especially yours.

Given the context, 'information now available' was clearly a reference to the fact that people are more informed about the nature and implications of Brexit than they were three years ago. I am sorry you apparently found this confusing.

The fact that you ignored the post's main point suggests that you agree with it. That's good.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Unfortunately,creatures like you will always have an excuse for their vileness.And no.Westdene thinks I'm a complete C<n*

What excuse does Westdene Seagull have for his vileness then?
I have to admit though, I think he may be right for once!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
'#GoWTO' is a known Kremlin dis-information attack.

Treat anything quoting that with extreme caution.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Brexit can`t happen if most of Parliment is remain ,even though they agreed to implement the result of the referendum so it seems.

No, the reason why Brexit can't happen and Parliament can't get on with implementing the referendum result is this.

Every time a plan is put forward where we stay in the customs union and have no border in Ireland/NI (Like TM's plan with 'the backstop' in place until they find the magic answer that they haven't been able to find in the last 3 years !), half the Leavers shout 'THIS ISN'T WHAT WE VOTED FOR' and vote against it.

When someone suggests we leave with 'no deal' and put a hard border in for Ireland/NI, half the Leavers shout 'THIS ISN'T WHAT WE VOTED FOR' and vote against it.

As you can see it's a bit of a pickle. If only someone had thought about this before the referendum.

(I'm doing my best not to overstep the line into patronising) :angel:

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
What about the gravity of paying tax, joining the army or having a child ?

Ok.

Tax is paid by anyone older enough to buy anything with added VAT so could be a toddler or their savings plans exceed the limits.
Joining the forces under 18 requires parents consent (I wonder why?)
Having a child at 16 is hardly considered responsible. A child under 16 can have a child.

As another poster said there's plenty above the age of 18 who perhaps shouldn't be allowed the vote, giving it to 16 years old people is not a very responsible approach. Of course there will be some fully capable of making the decision but i would be minded to believe they would be very much in the minority.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
What needs to happen in Parliament this week to prevent the UK leaving the EU at 11pm this Friday?Does Parliament have to pass the extension of article 50?Or does May have absolute authority to do off Her own back?

Unless a Statutory Instrument is passed, the UK would be in the curious situation of being in the EU according to International Law, but outside it according to UK Law.

A bit of a mess for lawyers, but International Trade treaties would still hold until April 12th, at which point they'd mostly all be ripped up.

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
I realise that remainers need to use abuse and vile language to try to prove what brave keyboard warriors they are,but perhaps using mental health terms exceeds farmyard and playground abuse,and needs to stop.This explains it quite well:

View attachment 106465

Says the person who refers to the French as frogs, makes abusive commments about Barnier and EU negotiators, and also other members of this board.

You really are the prize that keeps on giving.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
But on what authority?Are you saying that this could go on indefinitely without a change in law?seems very odd

It's an international treaty and it's international law and it takes precedence over domestic law. We just have to follow suit domestically due to constitutional niceties. So really unless we want to go total ****head and try no deal, The EU own us now.

By international legal treaty default, not on our way.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Says the person who refers to the French as frogs, makes abusive commments about Barnier and EU negotiators, and also other members of this board.

You really are the prize that keeps on giving.

That sounds amazingly like a certain SourKraut.Perhaps you should reveal your usual identity?Although he did say he wouldn't post any more,so perhaps you are Nipple/Clamp.

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
But on what authority?Are you saying that this could go on indefinitely without a change in law?seems very odd

I'm really taken aback that you seem to understand so little of this. Your posts are always so well informed :facepalm:

On our way

Easiest deal in history

Brexit means Brexit

No deal

Undemocratic loons

Tick Tock

5 days to go

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
You see, even in the most divided of countries we can always find something that unites us all :lolol:

Two profs succeeds where Theresa May fails.

Yes I agree.The majority find nail-biting a disgusting habit best left behind in childhood,as indeed most (normal) people do.

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
You speak for yourself sweet cheeks,as of 11pm on Friday I cease to be a European citizen.

Could you copy the letter that you send to the government relinquishing your British citizenship to this board?
Also their response?
Or your new passport of your chosen nationality?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Come and get your tin foil hats!..

I've either told you or PPF before that tin foil hats will not save you.

Don't waste your time with them.

However, a very valuable use of your time is to watch and understand this, and to then apply some critical thinking about hybrid warfare attacks :

https://youtu.be/A6gf5whRuQ0

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here