Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Millwall vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Coming down off the ceiling now.
Obviously ecstatic we won for a lot of reasons.
But I am still seething with the officials, it was a diabolical performance, at least biased at worse bent.
I honestly am not precious, and I am not wearing blue and white glasses either, but there was something very wrong with that ref today.
Even though we won, we should makes serious complaints, they should not be allowed to get away with that.
Regarding our performance, I really do not think it was as bad as many are saying.
FA Cup QF, away in tricky conditions against a tough Millwall side who were set up to stop us playing and crowded us out.
They knew their chances would come from set peices and they got away with a hell of a lot in doing so.
Sure we made too many mistakes but they did a job on us, but we stayed calm and character saw us through.
Great goal from Locadia and great save by Ryan.
We won against all the odds today, never been happier because at one point I was going to take it out on Mrs Chopper with a hard anal session with no lube.
Nope, very very happy with it that today.
And of course we have a good chance of winning the SF, ask Man City which is more important, the FA Cup or CL, and Liverpool will still be fighting with them in The PL.
If anyone thinks we can't win, give your ticket to someone who thinks we will.
It will be great day out, again.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Let's just celebrate we've made it to this years SEMI FINAL of the FA CUP , doesn't matter it's City , it will be so much sweeter halting their quadruple attempt , i will be over the moon if lucky enough to get a ticket with 127 points

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Can't blame the lino as those are almost impossible to call but yet again, VAR would have overturned. FA need to hang their head in shame for their PL only VAR policy.

But I thought there was benefit of doubt and all that.

From a linesperson point of view, you just can't flag offside unless you are pretty certain, not because well it might have been !

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
What a rollercoaster ride
I didn't start to celebrate the March goal until full-time as i didn't believe it was actually in
Then went nuts

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Coming down off the ceiling now.
Obviously ecstatic we won for a lot of reasons.
But I am still seething with the officials, it was a diabolical performance, at least biased at worse bent.
I honestly am not precious, and I am not wearing blue and white glasses either, but there was something very wrong with that ref today.
Even though we won, we should makes serious complaints, they should not be allowed to get away with that.
Regarding our performance, I really do not think it was as bad as many are saying.
FA Cup QF, away in tricky conditions against a tough Millwall side who were set up to stop us playing and crowded us out.
They knew their chances would come from set peices and they got away with a hell of a lot in doing so.
Sure we made too many mistakes but they did a job on us, but we stayed calm and character saw us through.
Great goal from Locadia and great save by Ryan.
We won against all the odds today, never been happier because at one point I was going to take it out on Mrs Chopper with a hard anal session with no lube.
Nope, very very happy with it that today.
And of course we have a good chance of winning the SF, ask Man City which is more important, the FA Cup or CL, and Liverpool will still be fighting with them in The PL.
If anyone thinks we can't win, give your ticket to someone who thinks we will.
It will be great day out, again.
Poor Mrs C must be gutted.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
Obviously being a woman she gets extra scrutiny. Yet she mostly gets offside calls right, even really tight ones. She was obviously quite confident it was offside (she very quickly flagged), but she was wrong - it happens. That's why we need VAR in all the ties at this stage. Too much riding on it.

she was more looking at her nearside defender that put his arm up , methink ...

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Reaching Wembley means a lot to him.

celeb1.jpg

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I take it back, not the poor bit, just the bottle bit.

Though I guess this is why I love this club, nothing ever comes easy to the Albion, but doesn’t it make it even sweeter.

Consistently overly quick to put her flag up. Worst ever.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
My own view is that their decibels and excitement were greater when Millwall went forward, any Albion failings criticised more.

Not a preplanned anti Albion thing, it happens in most televised games, there’s a narrative. It could be supporting an underdog, or Wenger’s Arsenal collapse again, or Spurs throwing away another title chance. Instead of calmly commenting on the game before them, most these days get sucked into bullshit big picture comments throughout games. I’m pretty sure that Peter Jones, Brackley, Tyler, Sinstadt, Brian Moore did/do simply commentate on what’s before them.

What was interesting in turning the sound down, was to witness players such as Kayal and AK playing alright, Brighton getting into the game, having a threat.

At the same time, a load of other NSC posters were fed up with our team, Jenas and Pearce.

Without the cacophony of Pearce/Jenas noise, I could rationally form my own opinion of the match.

Wouldn't it be great if tv gave us the option of just turning off the commentary and listening to the atmosphere.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
As an aside I think that battle will help us in the league. That was some contribution from our bench, two high pressure pens in the shootout and we have Andone to come back. So pleased for Locadia and Solly.

Really happy with Locadia's performance, there is definitely a good striker trying to get out there. Great take for the first.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
But I thought there was benefit of doubt and all that.

From a linesperson point of view, you just can't flag offside unless you are pretty certain, not because well it might have been !
And then the pundits will crucify them if they get it wrong. I watched it at normal speed and thought it was off. As did the commentators and the pundits. It wasn't a great decision but you can see why she got it wrong. Many other decisions such as the foul on Bernardo, the offside early in the second half and not to mention the fouls in the box where just very poor decisions.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Wouldn't it be great if tv gave us the option of just turning off the commentary and listening to the atmosphere.

I got that on a stream earlier in the season. At first it was odd as the brain expects commentary when watching on TV but once used to it, it was brilliant.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Let's just celebrate we've made it to this years SEMI FINAL of the FA CUP , doesn't matter it's City , it will be so much sweeter halting their quadruple attempt , i will be over the moon if lucky enough to get a ticket with 127 points

If you are STH you should have no problem getting a ticket.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here