Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert vs Palace fans

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
When Pickford stuck his tongue out at Newcastle fans I thought 'stupid arse', when Knocky did it to Palace I thought ' yaaayyyy!!!!!'. ����

Pickford got too cocky, too early in the match. Hopefully (for England’s sake) he’ll now grow up and concentrate throughout games.

Biased towards AK, you’ve got to love his naturally passionate character, especially after some posters here said rival fans had mocked his father’s passing.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Pickford got too cocky, too early in the match. Hopefully (for England’s sake) he’ll now grow up and concentrate throughout games.

Biased towards AK, you’ve got to love his naturally passionate character, especially after some posters here said rival fans had mocked his father’s passing.

100% : Pickford did start it early in the game, and, by the end had made a fool of himself. I reckon he will grow up a bit after that.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
https://twitter.com/ffsiq06/status/1104820468501106689

So which is the Original - ours or theirs?

Capture.PNG

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    489.4 KB · Views: 381

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Interesting thread. I can see both sides, and sympathize with comments in support and against. After due consideration, my feelings are bollocks to Palarse, and regardless whether this is AK's real account or not, ha ha: Palarse trolls can blow it out their unsightly bottoms.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

This.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Palace had us on their official website fixture list as "B******n", so, y'know, professional is as professional does...
In fear of being whooshed...is that right? If so it shows what a shithouse club they are.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Yes, it's all very childish, and yes probably unprofessional but it is funny! I can't knock the guy for loving the team he plays for and understanding the rivalry! :)
Also kudos to the lad and his dad? for posting the pic of the shirt. I can't see what the whole caption says but it looks to me something along the lines of 'it's a 90 ish minutes of rivalry on a pitch and that is where it should stay' :bowdown: No bloody way would I let my son walk out of a ground holding a palace shirt though! ???
I can't see what he was saying about the cpfc staff, but I'm assuming they were not happy that a palace supporter had a Brighton shirt? I'd be happy to be enlightened.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Knocky should be bigger than this but wow, there is some horrible stuff on there about his Dad, Dunk being a sex offender etc.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Interesting read on ref watch about the Knocky challenge. Worth a read
"DERMOT'S VERDICT: Correct decision, just a booking.

DERMOT SAYS: I think the referee [Craig Pawson] has got it almost right. I think both players are culpable and I do not think it is a red card because both players go two footed. Milivojevic, for me, is equally culpable, he has gone with his boots as well and a split second the other way, it could have been a boot in the other person. So I think both players should have got yellow cards there and it has to be quite a serious foul for a red card, so the referee was quite right not to send him off."

In terms of Knocky's foot being high - Milivojevic's leg actually goes over Knocky's (hence Knocky catching his nuts). If you freeze the picture before they collide, they're in identical poses - one arm up, the other on the ground with their weight on their elbows. Legs in the same position too. A ref would have been wrong IMO, but I can understand Knocky being the only one to get a card. I know it's not in the book, but getting the ball (not balls) has to count for something.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In fear of being whooshed...is that right? If so it shows what a shithouse club they are.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Certainly is. It's like their website is run by fourteen year olds.

On the plus side, plenty of their social media activity over the last week has come back to bite them right on the arse. Personally, I was a huge fan of them putting out tweets encouraging fans to renew their season tickets immediately after losing at home to their most despised rivals. Especially when the accompanying artwork was so easily amended, from this...

D1TcreJWoAI85DZ.jpg

...to this....

D1UNxyRXcAAVLyE.jpg:large

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

DERMOT SAYS: I think the referee [Craig Pawson] has got it almost right. I think both players are culpable and I do not think it is a red card because both players go two footed. Milivojevic, for me, is equally culpable, he has gone with his boots as well and a split second the other way, it could have been a boot in the other person. So I think both players should have got yellow cards there and it has to be quite a serious foul for a red card, so the referee was quite right not to send him off."

In terms of Knocky's foot being high - Milivojevic's leg actually goes over Knocky's (hence Knocky catching his nuts). If you freeze the picture before they collide, they're in identical poses - one arm up, the other on the ground with their weight on their elbows. Legs in the same position too. A ref would have been wrong IMO, but I can understand Knocky being the only one to get a card. I know it's not in the book, but getting the ball (not balls) has to count for something.

Yup both players were equally culpable. Shit decision to just book AK

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
The announcer at the ground also had a pop about the "sussex by the sea" wording on the screens at the Amex.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The announcer at the ground also had a pop about the "sussex by the sea" wording on the screens at the Amex.

Fortunately, the PA system is so bad (along with the rest of Snake Mountain), that few of us were actually able to hear such Palace LOLZ.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Thank you. I thought that all along. Just because Mili didn’t make the same contact, his actions mirrored AK’s. They deserved equal punishment.

Lazy pundits like pompous Jenas acted as judge and jury, without true analysis and lacking a broad mind.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Thank you. I thought that all along. Just because Mili didn’t make the same contact, his actions mirrored AK’s. They deserved equal punishment.

Lazy pundits like pompous Jenas acted as judge and jury, without true analysis and lacking a broad mind.

It's hilarious that MOTD didn't actually feature that challenge in their highlights, only mentioning it at the end. I bet the Palace fans were all fuming (or, they would have been if they'd been watching).

Of course, what they all fail to recognise entirely in their rage at Knockaert not being sent off, is that we've already stiffed them with ten men this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here