Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bong Today

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I guess the question is whether Bernardo is being given different instructions or if he's disobeying orders then because Bernardo has a lot more attacking freedom. Curious.

Regardless that was possibly Bongs best PL game ever coming off the back of probably his worst couple of PL games ever so it was a heck of a turnaround. Honestly though, barring Muzza everyone had a brilliant game IMO, on another day that was finishing 4-0.

Have to agree with both sentiments there. I'm one of Bong's biggest critics but he had a good game yesterday but I would still play Bernado as soon as he is fit.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He's just like the majority of our players in this regard.

Pretty true tbf mate :lol: but I think we’ve looked better away in the last 6 games. Not got the results to show I but we have. Burnley we played well I thought but somehow lost. 2 excellent halves at Fulham and West Ham. Maybe I’m being too positive but we def better this season than last...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Haven’t missed a home game since we been at Amex and do most aways
What about you ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the last 12 seasons, between all and half the matches per season, including some away. Watch the ones I miss on streams, unless away on holiday. Before all that, attended hundreds of other matches since 1976.

Now we’ve got our attendance history out of the way, I still find it very surprising that an Albion fan at this time in out history finds our players so poor.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
For the last 12 seasons, between all and half the matches per season, including some away. Watch the ones I miss on streams, unless away on holiday. Before all that, attended hundreds of other matches since 1976.

Now we’ve got our attendance history out of the way, I still find it very surprising that an Albion fan at this time in out history finds our players so poor.

I’ll agree our time and money spent on Brighton match good for us
In my opinion Stephens is a liability always seems to have a red card tackle in him Dunk was similar but has learnt and improved Stephens hasn’t
Bong just seems so poor and out of his depth but due to injury looks like we have no choice
Locadia seems again so poor admitted himself that heading was not something he liked although yesterday did have the two best chances but for good saves. His tackling , tracking back and going past defenders is flimsy at best
March although deserved M O M yesterday is so in and out .how he played yesterday is how I’d liked him to play in all games we all know he’s got the ability but hughton is more concerned that we try and keep a clean sheet than scoring a goal
Watford were there for the taking and in my eyes Hughton bottled it not even taking a chance on a player that can open up chances in knocky .
Gap down to 5 like most I hope the three wins come from Burnley , Cardiff and Huddersfield . With saints and geordies as other chances . I dont c us getting another point on the road playing like we do
There wasn’t one person barring Stephens warm up injury that didn’t
A predict the line up
B the time of sub
C predict andone as first sub
D predict it would b for Murray
Is 36/37 points enough time will tell
Enjoy the rest of your Sunday
Let’s hope for a better Wednesday and the six pointer v Burnley .

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I’ll agree our time and money spent on Brighton match good for us
In my opinion Stephens is a liability always seems to have a red card tackle in him Dunk was similar but has learnt and improved Stephens hasn’t
Bong just seems so poor and out of his depth but due to injury looks like we have no choice
Locadia seems again so poor admitted himself that heading was not something he liked although yesterday did have the two best chances but for good saves. His tackling , tracking back and going past defenders is flimsy at best
March although deserved M O M yesterday is so in and out .how he played yesterday is how I’d liked him to play in all games we all know he’s got the ability but hughton is more concerned that we try and keep a clean sheet than scoring a goal
Watford were there for the taking and in my eyes Hughton bottled it not even taking a chance on a player that can open up chances in knocky .
Gap down to 5 like most I hope the three wins come from Burnley , Cardiff and Huddersfield . With saints and geordies as other chances . I dont c us getting another point on the road playing like we do
There wasn’t one person barring Stephens warm up injury that didn’t
A predict the line up
B the time of sub
C predict andone as first sub
D predict it would b for Murray
Is 36/37 points enough time will tell
Enjoy the rest of your Sunday
Let’s hope for a better Wednesday and the six pointer v Burnley .

I’m always negative before matches against the top 6, Everton, Wolves, West Ham and Leicester, simply because of their squad power. But CH keeps surprising me, with an unexpected win or draw. I never would’ve dreamt of wins against ManU x 2, Everton, Arsenal, West Ham x 3. Based on that, I wouldn’t write us off just yet

Players you mention:
March - I really rate him and he’s getting better all the time. Contrast this to his unconfident, ineffectual form last season.
Stephens - I rate him, but this season he’s let red mist return in pointless incidents. Hopefully CH and the club sports psychologist are working on this.
Locadia - agree with you. His two late attempts saved by Foster, for me, didn’t mask his pathetic long range and angled shots when absolutely not on ... simply pass or cross for a team mate to score. No spatial or team awareness. It really pissed off everyone in my section of the NS. He’s got far better in his other play - defending, battling, build up, and his fitness. But the huge greedy weakness is costing us.

Yep, a win against Burnley is critical. :smile:

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
I’m always negative before matches against the top 6, Everton, Wolves, West Ham and Leicester, simply because of their squad power. But CH keeps surprising me, with an unexpected win or draw. I never would’ve dreamt of wins against ManU x 2, Everton, Arsenal, West Ham x 3. Based on that, I wouldn’t write us off just yet

Players you mention:
March - I really rate him and he’s getting better all the time. Contrast this to his unconfident, ineffectual form last season.
Stephens - I rate him, but this season he’s let red mist return in pointless incidents. Hopefully CH and the club sports psychologist are working on this.
Locadia - agree with you. His two late attempts saved by Foster, for me, didn’t mask his pathetic long range and angled shots when absolutely not on ... simply pass or cross for a team mate to score. No spatial or team awareness. It really pissed off everyone in my section of the NS. He’s got far better in his other play - defending, battling, build up, and his fitness. But the huge greedy weakness is costing us.

Yep, a win against Burnley is critical. :smile:

Think that’s as close as we r gonna get agree with most here’s to a good week

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
You may be right. But some clown above claims Waftord's performance was the worst we have seen all season. Either they are master tacticians or utter chumps.

My money is on neither. There again I don't think that Trump is an extraterrestrial.

I don't think they played well offensively, but they stopped us being as effective down the left hand side which meant we funneled most of our best attacks (and had most of our best chances) down the right hand side. Ultimately they came looking for a point and they got it.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Agreed, Bernardo is the better option. But not being as good as Bernardo doesn't mean Bong is awful. He is a decent reliable option to play

He is reliable defensively, particularly with two solid banks of four where he can stay narrow to Dunk and defend one on one against the winger. But in a home game that we should be doing our best to win, his inclusion does have offensive implications tactically.

Ultimately, I've never said get rid of Bong. I just would much prefer Bernardo to start the majority of our games.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
He is reliable defensively, particularly with two solid banks of four where he can stay narrow to Dunk and defend one on one against the winger. But in a home game that we should be doing our best to win, his inclusion does have offensive implications tactically.

Ultimately, I've never said get rid of Bong. I just would much prefer Bernardo to start the majority of our games.

Bernardo has a very bright future and is the preferred option but that doesn't make Bong a poor player. Many of our fans would claim he is awful which I believe is harsh criticisim for a player who has been a solid 6 out of 10 performer for several years

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Everything he doesn't excel in he did well against Watford. Apart from the Fulham game where no one won any meddles, since he has come in for Bernardo he has played well and got some dangerous crosses in. I did hear him say a few weeks ago that he has been practising his crossing. My only surprise is that he hasn't started practising sooner. Maybe it's the competition from Bernardo?

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Bernardo has a very bright future and is the preferred option but that doesn't make Bong a poor player. Many of our fans would claim he is awful which I believe is harsh criticisim for a player who has been a solid 6 out of 10 performer for several years

And that's a perfectly reasonable opinion that I agree with.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
It's good to see Gaetan Bong starting for Nottingham Forest against Cardiff today.
Hughton's team lead 1-0 at half-time with Bong creating the goal with an overlapping run down the left before crossing for Lyle Taylor to volley home.

Hopefully Bong can get himself to become a regular starter for Forest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here