Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Category A* games introduced for 2019/20

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I'd like to think that someone, somewhere, has been asking: When are the commercial match categories out?

:smile:

For the record: I got an email saying that the pricing for the four match pack of hospitality was out. I went to have a look...and, BOOM...there it was. Honest, guv.

I know you’re interested, so I’ll save you the bother - a four match pack of hospitality has increased from £420 to £450 - 7.5%.

Slowly, slowly, the club are moving hospitality to genuine corporate entertaining rather than mates in 1901 fancying a meal at the Amex every now and again.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
What Category are the games against Leeds & Massive, can't see them?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
The club seemed to cut back a lot last year, although there was a noticeable uplift in price. The Prosecco on arrival was far cheaper than the Ridgeview from the previous season. The complimentary drinks one could choose from were noticeably far more limited than the previous season as well.

Ah the harsh realities of the modern day football fan!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty Plnk Fairy

NSC Patron
Jan 30, 2008
i thought this thread was going to be about PC beardie half and half scarfes grading the firms for next year when they come down for a bit of toe to toe with are top boys. cant say where its going to take place in case someone leaks it to the OB but those ITK no where itll kick off large

Regards
DR

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
To be honest , I'm surprised this has taken this long to be rolled out as it is a way to squeeze a few extra quid

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
All this while Norwich have said no home ticket will be more than £30 ??? And yes I know this is about hospitality etc... but meh

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
All this while Norwich have said no home ticket will be more than £30 ??? And yes I know this is about hospitality etc... but meh

We pay more so we can are able to bring in top talent like Locadia and Ali J.

Watch and learn Norwich, watch and learn.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Now that we are use to the PL, who actually wants to pay hard earned money for an A* game that we will in all probability lose, would rather se two games we might win tbh.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Interesting wine pairing IMG_4801.jpg

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Interesting wine pairingView attachment 111283

And someone's taken a bit more care with the cooking and presentation than they do when HB's is full of punters too. No surprise there, all food advertising photos are showing the very best that the cook/chef can do if they're only cooking one dish with no time pressure, but it's not representative of what is actually served.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
:smile:

For the record: I got an email saying that the pricing for the four match pack of hospitality was out. I went to have a look...and, BOOM...there it was. Honest, guv.

I know you’re interested, so I’ll save you the bother - a four match pack of hospitality has increased from £420 to £450 - 7.5%.

Slowly, slowly, the club are moving hospitality to genuine corporate entertaining rather than mates in 1901 fancying a meal at the Amex every now and again.

As someone else mentioned the price of Norwich match tickets, I think it's also interesting to compare our catering operation to theirs. IMO it beats ours hands down both in terms of capacity and range of options on offer.

We both now offer a hospitality season ticket that includes all cup games.

Norwich starts at £1000 + VAT (unclear if it includes a match ticket, but I'd guess not).
https://www.canaries.co.uk/News/2019/january/norwich-city-season-tickets-hospitality/

Ours is £2000 + VAT (for 1901 members) or £4000 + VAT (to include a match ticket)
https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/hospitality/matchday-hospitality/

On average Norwich have 1641 covers per match (in a stadium of 27000)
https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/norwich-city-is-top-of-the-table-for-away-day-food-with-a-national-award-1-4267958

Our record is about 1000 v Liverpool last season and that included a significant number in off-site catering (can't find a link to back this up, but I am pretty sure of this).

IMO, and to echo your sentiment, we are completely failing to cater for the mid-price market. I thought (and hoped) the club might try to rectify this for next season, possibly by adding something in the North stand offices, but I cannot see anything to suggest any work is going on there. I think Norwich are blowing us out of the water in hospitality.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Clubs that do this need a good kick up the jacksy, it's a piss take and should be legally challenged by footballs governing bodies, of all the things the club does right this is a massive no no and the decent thing would be for Brighton and Hove Albion and all clubs that use this abhorrent method to extract every last penny it can out of supporters is to stop it completely.

Then I woke up.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
All in all it's not a bad price when you factor in EVERYTHING ("you can't take it with you" blah blah) but I do enjoy sitting in different parts of the ground and after seven or eight games it would lose the novelty value and I don't believe a plate would be crammed full of a 12oz steak, thick chips and vegetables (sneaky 'extras' that you have to pay for). I guess it's the way football is going whether we like it or not. Can you imagine that at Withdean? A rain mac, match ticket and a programme for £200? :lol:

I'm a bit surprised to see Aston Villa in Category B. Yes, they have a rich history but that doesn't give them any points at the start of the season. Burnley, without the distraction of Europe, will finish higher I reckon. Someone's making mischief by making Palace Category C! All it does is attract more idiots if it's slightly cheaper though but that's just my opinion. It always goes off at Arsenal v Spurs no matter how many times they play each other.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
i thought this thread was going to be about PC beardie half and half scarfes grading the firms for next year when they come down for a bit of toe to toe with are top boys. cant say where its going to take place in case someone leaks it to the OB but those ITK no where itll kick off large

Regards
DR

And the younger generation never saw the roofless gents at the back of the Goldstone NS, or tasted the boiled burgers and hotdogs from the catering trollies behind the NS and Chicken Run.

In no time at all, football has changed.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
And the younger generation never saw the roofless gents at the back of the Goldstone NS, or tasted the boiled burgers and hotdogs from the catering trollies behind the NS and Chicken Run.

In no time at all, football has changed.

Those toilets had to be the smelliest I've ever been in. Maybe they weren't cleaned after the decline set in after 1992? At least at Ninian Park or Saltergate there wasn't a roof. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here