Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - *** New Contract Until 2025 ***

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Being in a minority is not something I am ashamed of, just don’t see how a policy that makes us money is embarrassing :shrug:

Frustrating that we may never see Percy in the stripes though

Me neither (as you know [emoji2]).

I absolutely concur re Percy, he looks really promising, but of course the same applies to our U23s, the trouble is the step up is huge....

Funny when you think how excited we were when we signed Buckley for a million, now we’re signing players for more than that and they may never get near the first team.

Even Lawro for 100k seemed exciting at the times, and of course Teddy Maybank [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
perhaps I am wrong but my reading of the Argus article is that we have 2 options loan him back for another year or bring him here to put in our squad no mention whatsoever of him leaving us or him not wanting to come to England.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
I’m not happy about it but I can see the logic of buying and moving players on for a profit, even if they never play for us

Being in a minority is not something I am ashamed of, just don’t see how a policy that makes us money is embarrassing :shrug:

Frustrating that we may never see Percy in the stripes though

We are playing the secondary market. Chelsea and Man City have been doing it for years now. Great way to help with revenue, FFP and transfer budgets. Shame some of our fans are simple and don’t get it.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Never ever read or pay any attention to the comments section of The Argus. That way leads to madness. It's full of people who's barking mad views make some of our more extreme posters on here seem sane and balanced.

Not in this case...

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
We are playing the secondary market. Chelsea and Man City have been doing it for years now. Great way to help with revenue, FFP and transfer budgets. Shame some of our fans are simple and don’t get it.

Nothing to do with being simple. You clearly lack intelligence if you fail to understand the difference between good and bad profits.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Nothing to do with being simple. You clearly lack intelligence if you fail to understand the difference between good and bad profits.

I am sure TB gets his senior management team together and is upset with ‘bad profit’ from secondary transfers. If you feel it’s a deceptive practice, you need to get over it.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I am sure TB gets his senior management team together and is upset with ‘bad profit’ from secondary transfers. If you feel it’s a deceptive practice, you need to get over it.

Hmmm. Well, I am entitled to say I don’t like the policy. Or the impact it is having in terms of the negative reactions of many of our fans. So I am not going to just get over it. Sorry [emoji52].

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Never ever read or pay any attention to the comments section of The Argus. That way leads to madness. It's full of people who's barking mad views make some of our more extreme posters on here seem sane and balanced.

Sorry but I have to disagree with that.

There's no way on earth anything can make me look sane and balanced and that includes Garth Crooks and Eubank senior

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Latest media story .... no go on the work permit EU Passport before September so a no show before Jan 2020

http://sportwitness.co.uk/brighton-signing-not-joining-club-summer-move-set-happen-january-2020/
That's all a load of rubbish, isn't it ?

Mac Allister is already an albion player, and counts as U21 - which means he doesn't need to be nominated in our 25 man squad - so could rock up at the albion with his passport on September 2nd and play in the next game.

Jan 26, 2015
Berkshire

Mac Allister is already an albion player, and counts as U21 - which means he doesn't need to be nominated in our 25 man squad - so could rock up at the albion with his passport on September 2nd and play in the next game.

That's what I thought. Are there windows/deadlines for when players can be registered or have their registration moved even if they are only on loan?

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong

I think you're missing the point, that's he's legally not allowed to work, no?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
That's what I thought. Are there windows/deadlines for when players can be registered or have their registration moved even if they are only on loan?
His loan finishes this summer - we then get his registration back. He can't work for us, but if he gets his passport on September 2nd he could then start with us on that day.

The only reason to loan him out until January is if we thought the passport is going to arrive nearer to December 31st than to September 1st.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

September 2nd - Happy Birthday to me:D

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Then how do big teams get away with it? :facepalm: Seems we don't have the best luck with it comes to players

can you think of an example of a big team "getting away" with this exact type of situation?

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Not a big club exactly, but how did Watford manage to sign Richarlison? Although he is Brazilian, he had never played for them, not sure if he has even now?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here