Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Local Council Elections

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
..................finally the major parties are being given the message that the public is fed up with them fannying around and not delivering Brexit, costing them thousands of seats. Sadly, they're too thick (like some would be pundits) to get the message. Protest votes (safe protest votes - the parties voted for are nonentities and will never achieve anything) have been the order of the day. I mean, the likelihood of the Lib Dems ever running anything other than the odd isolated local council - come on! Pull the other one!

Not entirely sure your reasoning holds water, refer to my earlier post about ill informed and easily led?

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Councillor Daniel Yates is to stand down as Leader of the Council.

Nancy Platts has put herself forward and would be likely to court a left-wing alliance with The Greens.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Councillor Daniel Yates is to stand down as Leader of the Council.

Nancy Platts has put herself forward and would be likely to court a left-wing alliance with The Greens.

You really have to hope that they can think about this pragmatically, and come to an alliance that works for the city.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Did a bit of digging around on the web and found nothing. I reckon you might need to check out this place - which is well worth a visit even if it is fruitless for the original purpose!

https://www.thekeep.info/esro/

I love The Keep. Great for a spare afternoon looking up old local history.

If anyone ever finds a picture of the Queens Park Cricket Ground they will be a hero to local amateur historians. Same with the short lived Hartington Road Halt. The Keep unveils many old gems but even those two are beyond it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here