Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Happier?

How are you feeling after the sacking of Chris Hughton and appointment of Graham Potter?

• Much happier

Votes: 155 42.3%
  • A bit happier

Votes: 118 32.2%
  • Pretty much the same

Votes: 68 18.6%
  • A bit unhappier

Votes: 20 5.5%
  • Much unhappier

Votes: 5 1.4%

• Total voters

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Much happier - not just because he’s highly regarded as a good up and coming young manager but also because we didn’t end up with the likes of Mark Hughes, Sam Allardyce, Tony Pulis etc !
If the question was how do you feel compared to Tuesday morning, then happier is a given, because Potter is a more interesting signing than the ones you mention. But it's how you feel compared to before Hughton was sacked, so those other managers don't come into it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Much happier - not just because he’s highly regarded as a good up and coming young manager but also because we didn’t end up with the likes of Mark Hughes, Sam Allardyce, Tony Pulis etc !

Pardew, though.

kroqq

Mar 28, 2013
I voted bit happier but i shouldve done much happier. Even if it goes tits up im really excited now to see how the season turns out. We didnt go down the Allardyce/Moyes/Mark Hughes old football guy route. Brave risky appointment. Entering into the unknown with what seems like a really intelligent progressive manager. It may well be dreadful, but i dont think it will be. Optimistic and i cant wait!

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Happier especially as the new man has already quoted 3 things that were wrong and needed fixing

‘Players enjoying their football’

‘Play football in a positive way’

‘It’s my job to get the players to believe that they can go in to every match and win’

If he can deliver that will be even happier

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
So excited. On a par with CH’s two magical Championship seasons, but now with the comfort of being in the PL, with its huge income.

The club are taking a totally different path in tackling the beast of the PL competition. Now on to player signings.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If the question was how do you feel compared to Tuesday morning, then happier is a given, because Potter is a more interesting signing than the ones you mention. But it's how you feel compared to before Hughton was sacked, so those other managers don't come into it.

Top work. I'm glad you pulled him up for that.

That said, you could argue that the fear of a possible duff appointment was there even before CH was sacked. I confess I have thought about it.

It could also be argued that it doesn't really matter how we feel about this. Personally, I feel that I know nothing about what will happen.

The close season is so confusing.

Still, I voted for the best possible feeling. Partly because Potter seems like a great fit, and parly because I have just eaten a Barnsley chop and had a smashing glass of wine. :lolol::thumbsup:

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Life is about getting most of big decisions right. Lets keep our fingers crossed.Whoever is manager it would be a tough ask. Just pleased whatever results, we will see some new ideas. Because Hughton is such a nice person supporters and media were very reluctant to say anything bad about him.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Christ, all the grief I got about starting a Hughton out thread a few weeks ago and now everyone is magically happy now he’s gone and we have someone else in. Classic NSC

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
We're Loo...

king good now!

GOTCHA!

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Happier, this time last week I was really upset that we sacked CH, as I thought we were sticking with him and giving him a chance to turn it around. Now I have had time to think, it is probably the correct decision, leaving now means that his legacy at the Albion is safe and will be seen as nothing but success. If we had carried on and the performances had not improved then the fans may have turned on him and could have been a nasty end.

With the appointment of Graham Potter, he looks promising and no matter who we chose there is no guarantee of success.I am pleased we have not gone for the normal names. It’s bold, brave and I like it.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Less happy. I didn't like (still don't) the sacking of Hughton. last summer we bulked up the squad (without improving the team) - I was expecting/hoping for two or three class signings that would go straight into the first team and improve it, and we would kick on with Chris; however, it was not to be. At least we've got our new man in pretty sharpish, which is good - and I will support him, the team and the club - but I'm still waiting until I see actual evidence that TB hasn't made a gigantic mistake before I get excited.
I'm hoping to get won over in the next few months. Right now though I'm more doubtful than elated.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
The football under Hughton was dire and wasn't that sad to see him go but I think that Potter is a massive gamble so have opted for slightly unhappier. Nobody will really know until halfway through the season though.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Chris Hughton took us as far as he could, it may have been different for him, if we'd finished this season without sh!tting our pants on the relegation line, he may have stayed?
Graham Potter has come in with new views and new ideas, if it works and we play more attractive footy, then I'll be more than happy.
BHAFC is a business, always subject to change :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here