Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chris Hughton leaves with immediate effect

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I think that what bothers me the most is the narrative that we want expansive attacking football or seem to feel we should be a top 10 side.

I think the truth is we want to be less negative and Bloom didn’t believe Hughton could deliver 17th place or higher next season.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
I think that what bothers me the most is the narrative that we want expansive attacking football or seem to feel we should be a top 10 side.

I think the truth is we want to be less negative and Bloom didn’t believe Hughton could deliver 17th place or higher next season.

Quite. Pretty much every Albion fan I know can handle us getting beaten more often than we win at this level. What they can't accept is the gutless surrender we have been witnessing this season. I'm not even suggesting "having a go" because against the bigger teams, we know how that ends - but I don't think anybody who witnessed the Burnley and Southampton games would have come away thinking that we weren't in trouble - compounded and confirmed by the horrific collapse against Bournemouth, and the possibly even more numbing defeat to Cardiff.

The reason why the Cardiff fans have stuck with Warnock is because they see his teams trying, and having attacking intent. That's all anybody ever asks.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
I will be putting a substantial bet on Brighton being relegated next season now that they have sacked Hughton - and don't be surprised to see him bringing another club up as Brighton are going down (that is if he doesn't get another PL job in the meantime).

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Except - Cardiff got relegated :rolleyes:

They did, because they didn't have the quality. Heart, but not enough quality.
You look at the players we signed, arguably with a bit of heart, we wouldn't have been anywhere near 17th.
Conjecture, admittedly, but it's still not fun to watch players going through the motions.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
I will be putting a substantial bet on Brighton being relegated next season now that they have sacked Hughton - and don't be surprised to see him bringing another club up as Brighton are going down (that is if he doesn't get another PL job in the meantime).

Good for you. Hope it makes you happy.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What's becoming apparent, after the Percy Tau nonsense last summer and now this news, is that what the club say in public is complete bullshit and that what Bloom says cannot be trusted.

Bollocks.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
To be honest, when we saw this picture I think we all knew the writing was on the wall. When Barber says something, he means it...

Attachments

• Brighton%20v%20Huddersfield%20018_JPG_gallery.jpg
    Brighton%20v%20Huddersfield%20018_JPG_gallery.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 307

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
She said listen Chris, I love you
But there's this bloke, I fancy
I don't want to two time you
So it's the end for you and me

Who's this bloke I asked her
Graaaaaaaham, she replied
Not THAT puff, I said dismayed
Yes but he's no puff she cried

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

How did I get roped into this?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Paul Hayward's column in the Telegraph.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...as-paid-price-mistakes-others-brightons-next/

Those Brighton fans meanwhile who blamed the manager for “wasting money” ignored the fact that the club’s recruitment department, not Hughton, determined transfer policy. There is a strong case for saying Hughton has paid the price for mistakes made elsewhere in the club.

This is where my thinking is today....He's paid the price for those in the club who have given him the pigs ear of a team to work with....

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
This is where my thinking is today....He's paid the price for those in the club who have given him the pigs ear of a team to work with....

And mine, which is why when I found Paul's article, I wanted to link it. Paul is no slouch when it comes to reporting sport either.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well I'm going to have to change my signature now. I'm obviously from the 'Chris in' camp, but I'm also in the 'Bloom camp', so if Tony thinks he can get someone better placed to take us forward, that's good enough for me.

Thank you Chris. You've had us playing the best football I've ever seen us play, and got us to the highest level I've seen us at. :bowdown:

Good post.

There is some right old soppy bollocks on his thread (from both camps).

CH has been here 4 and a half so those flinching at the thought of our 'ruthless' owner are mad.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Just cos he's better looking, just cos he's cool and trendy.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here