Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] Help with Business (and Premises) in Brighton?

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Also try along Wellington Road, Portslade and Basin Road North and Basin Road South

As soon as you cross over the boundary from Hove to Portslade properties get much cheaper.

monty uk

Sep 25, 2018
Couple of thoughts:
Visit Small Batch Coffee Roastery opposite Shoreham Harbour. The owner is switched on and there are probably one or two warehouse units in that vicinity that may be available - just walk the area and look. Either way the coffee is bloody good so it won't be a wasted trip
Albion network club members are listed in the programme. Mainly services like estate agencies and recruitment consultants. Fine if that's what you're looking for but I suspect not.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Just a thought, and I have no idea if the premises would be suitable, but focus group are moving out of their various premises in Southwick Square, including the old Lloyd's Bank. Might be worth a look as there is local parking, and close to amenities, and the site is fairly big. Plus, being an ex bank, would imagine its fairly secure as well?

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Thanks ever so much for this, but I'm looking at 2,000 sq/ft max. - and these are double that. :down:

Lovely looking units, though - and a great location.

I sent you a pm Knocky.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Years ago a mate of mine used to have a small business unit on an place down Shoreham Harbour on Basin Road North near the lagoon. Had some parking out the front too.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
No idea if this is good value:
Industrial unit to rent

£17,000 per annum 1,622 sq ft

https://realla.co/details/117f3a1077e14a878f6431ba3188e818

Easy acress to A27, Brighton etc..

And then business rates have to be added onto the cost which is about 45% of the rent which makes the total about £24k per anum. Landlords just rip businesses off. Toys R Us had to pay £1m in rent and rates on the Goldstone Trading Estate and had similar deals in hundreds of other stores around the country. The big boys can't afford to be exploited financially let alone the small start up businesses that come and go. It's no wonder why there are loads of empty shops and stores these days and whilst people blame the internet, I would blame the greedy fat landlords who would rather be tenantless than reduce the rent.

Anyway that's my rant about landlords.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
And then business rates have to be added onto the cost which is about 45% of the rent which makes the total about £24k per anum. Landlords just rip businesses off. Toys R Us had to pay £1m in rent and rates on the Goldstone Trading Estate and had similar deals in hundreds of other stores around the country. The big boys can't afford to be exploited financially let alone the small start up businesses that come and go. It's no wonder why there are loads of empty shops and stores these days and whilst people blame the internet, I would blame the greedy fat landlords who would rather be tenantless than reduce the rent.

Anyway that's my rant about landlords.

Although the level of rates payable have nothing to do with landlords as they're set by the Valuations Agency and they can be arseh***s too. I'm not sure who uses who as a guide. Whether rents are influenced by the rateable value set by the VA or vice versa. Because even if a landlord decided to reduce his rent by half the rateable value would remain the same as the rateable value is guided by the rateable values of other premises in the same area and not on what rent a landlord is charging on a specific property.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Although the level of rates payable have nothing to do with landlords as they're set by the Valuations Agency and they can be arseh***s too. I'm not sure who uses who as a guide. Whether rents are influenced by the rateable value set by the VA or vice versa. Because even if a landlord decided to reduce his rent by half the rateable value would remain the same as the rateable value is guided by the rateable values of other premises in the same area and not on what rent a landlord is charging on a specific property.

True. The Valuations Agency are a partner in the crime.

razer

Mar 10, 2019
Ormskirk, Lancashire
Isn't there a fair size industrial estate on the Moulscoombe/Bevendean border. Only five minutes from the A27.

Tried network marketing a few times but soon realised it's full of nobs who are stuck up their own chuff piece. Do a good job and the best business you'll get by far is via recommendation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here