Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Silly Sayings

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
"F*ck my old boots..."

Who, upon being very surprised, has immediately rummaged through their shoe cupboard with feverish sexual intent? ???

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
'For the many,not the few'

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
‘On a scale of nought to one, I’d give ‘er one!’

A bit binary. Surely better to score ‘out of ten’

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Make sure you have clean underpants on .

Why's that Mum ?

Just in case you get run over on the way to school

smelly

May 23, 2004
“He can’t stop scoring! “

Has he tried?? Oh yeah I did but I couldn’t help it going in off my nob([emoji3])

“Stonewall penalty” wtf does that even mean.

“He’s up there with the Lampards Gerrards and Gary Harts” there was only one of them ffs.

“And it’s live!!!” Cringe

“What do you think Jamie?”

Cue to go and make a brew

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
"The elephant in the room".

So, what are you saying? There is an elephant in the room but nobody can see it? Elephants are pretty big, is it hiding? When did anyone ever accidentally trip over an elephant? Or look everywhere for their elephant only to find it was on their head the whole time?

No, if you don't see an elephant in the room I'd say there is a good chance that the room is infact void of elephants.

In case nobody has pointed it out yet, this is a perfectly good expression and describes nicely something obvious that everyone can see but is studiously pretending isn't there. For example, lots of tories are backing Boris because he's a 'winner'. The fact he is well documented as a treacherous vainglorious lying adultererer who will tug down the whole edifice on all their heads is, here, the elephant in the room.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
"F*ck my old boots..."

Who, upon being very surprised, has immediately rummaged through their shoe cupboard with feverish sexual intent? ???

No, its a good expression designed to invokes something absurd. A similar one that was used in the late 70s but seems to have died a death, perhaps due to a disconcerting rise in urban bestiality, is 'f*ck a big dog' :lolol:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
As I child I never understood why the older generation of my family would say "It's looking a bit dark over Will's mothers" implying there are dark clouds on the horizon. Assumed it was just them being odd. However just googled it and it would seem it is actually a thing....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-37550178

Also

Pissed as a newt......do newts like a drink? Do they not wear it well? Do they suffer hangovers......can you be hungover as a newt?

Come to think of it same goes for....drunk as a skunk?!?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Could of;
Should of;
Would of.

As in, for instance, 'could of done'. What is this 'could' that apparently belongs to 'done'? Just irritating nonsense.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Could of;
Should of;
Would of.

As in, for instance, 'could of done'. What is this 'could' that apparently belongs to 'done'? Just irritating nonsense.

Not silly sayings at all...

Just f**king wrong.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Gordon Bennet !!!!!

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
You’ve made a right Pigs ear of that !

It’s really Black over Wills Mother’s ! ( old Sussex one )

Swap my Christ ! ( I don’t know WTF that one is all about but my Mums mate used to say it and my Grandad a real old Sussex man .

Go figure. Far too American for us Brits.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here