Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Adding a STH

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I dont know how he did it but when we first moved to The Amex Paul addressed everybody not just me and my family by their name or so it seemed whenever I was waiting in a queue to speak to or see him

Which Paul? Paul Barber wasn't here when we first moved to the Amex. It was Ken Brown.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How does the family stand actually work at present? When junior gets too old to be classified as a junior, are both they and their accompanying adult forced to vacate their places in the family stand? If so, do the club offer relocation to elsewhere in the ground or do they just get bumped on to the waiting list? Going to be a progressively tricky one for the club to manage I'd have thought, with more and more juniors reaching non-junior age.

As others have said.

As I said early on, my neighbours wanted to stay in their seats for this season, as Jnr became a student.
Initially the club were happy for them to do so, until promotion loomed large.

At which point the club, I assume under the weight of those actually ON THE WAITING LIST, got back in touch and moved them further down the ESL, to more expensive seats!

Since then another father and son have taken their seats, I have no knowledge as to whether they are deserving of such seats.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patreon
Aug 7, 2003
How about one of these?
AD3F879D-2C39-4C3F-A862-D87D0C897926.png

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
This is worse than that poor mistreated fan who forgot to register his kid for a free shirt. BARBER OUT!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Since then another father and son have taken their seats, I have no knowledge as to whether they are deserving of such seats.

I always thought as a bare minimum to 'deserve' a family stand seat, fathers in particular needed 2 x Harvey's pre-match, 1 at HT and at least 1 at FT. Additional Harvey's at any point optional. Are you telling me I've not actually needed to consume this each home game!!?? :D

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I always thought as a bare minimum to 'deserve' a family stand seat, fathers in particular needed 2 x Harvey's pre-match, 1 at HT and at least 1 at FT. Additional Harvey's at any point optional. Are you telling me I've not actually needed to consume this each home game!!?? :D
I think it's great you're drinking that much each game. I don't think it's necessary for you to have that much before every post though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Assuming those fathers are driving the kids home, BG might get his wishes sooner than he thinks, although we'll be having a fair few minutes applauses.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
A season ticket has always been available to absolutely anyone to buy.

If he hasn't got one but wants one, it can only mean he has decided NOW is the time he wants one and didn't try before this season. Unfortunately he has timed that with the club being in the Premier League when a whole load of other people want one as well.

Bearing in mind the length of the season ticket waiting list it strikes me as odd that match by match tickets aren't selling out straightaway. It can't be price because the people on the list are willing to spend 50 or 60 quid a month on the season ticket.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I'm no computing expert, but are you seriously expecting a huge amount of data from 1997 to have been kept on every single fan for every game they went to? If your friend went to all the Preistfield and all the Withdean games, why on earth did they stop going? The club spent a huge amount expanding the Amex capacity from the original 22k to 30k and were desperate to get more ST holders in, with various offers etc. over the previous seasons. What were they supposed to do, not attract new supporters just because when we made it to the Premier League we need to reserve some STs for some old Preistfield and Withdean ST holders who hadn't bothered with the Amex, but now suddenly want a ticket? STs were available most of last season including half STs leading up to Christmas – anyone who fancied one could have got one, just without the guarantee of Premier League football.

Loyalty works both ways I reckon. The club know that the majority of the Preistfield/Withdean supporters were on board at the start of the Amex, and in the previous 5 seasons, anyone that wanted to, could get back on board. Don't understand that now we're in the Premier League, someone who hasn't bothered for 6 years suddenly is expected to be welcomed back like a returning hero. How long exactly is this loyalty of attending at Preistfield supposed to last, 25, 50 years? I'm surprised not to see these supporters with special lanyards driven around the stadium in golf buggies.

I call bullshit on the story anyway. I've got a friend who joined the waiting list for a ST in December last year and was around about 2000 in the queue, so he was told at the time. He expects to be able to get a ST in about 3 years time if things remain as they are. Absolutely no way did someone rock up at the ticket office at the end of last year and just get allocated a ST.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
On a wider note, I do agree with [MENTION=12634]Return of the Rev[/MENTION] that youngsters who are STHs in the Family Stand need priority treatment when its their time to move and it's good that the club have an U21 pricing for them.

Another point that ROTR has made in the past that is very valid is that the club should try to encourage seat swaps so that fans can sit next to their mates. I like his idea of a part of the ground solely put aside for the U21s. It would help create another little clique within the ground along with NSK, WSL fans in the South (and I say that with the best of intentions) and it all adds to the match day experience for all of us.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I do feel for those in BG's position though as many on the waiting list now will be JCLs who have jumped aboard the PL bandwagon, rather than fourth, fifth (or even more) generation fans from a diehard BHAFC supporting family. But there is no way to sort the wheat from the chaff unfortunately.

I was fairly shocked when I found out the capacity of the Amex and the very limited opportunity to expand the ground. If we got to the PL, the current capacity was never going to be enough. And so it came to pass.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here