Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Daniel James

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Nowt wrong with dreaming that a player would choose us over Manchester United........until he signs for United.
I never saw anything wrong with a player singing for us while dreaming of playing for Utd.

Then again I'm not a snowflake.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Unfortunately, it looks like he has gone to United.

8d87c5eb37b1e7a6119abffbcce88365.jpg

https://www.skysports.com/transfer-centre

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
According to Swansea as of this morning there had been no contact from Man U. Can see him going there and coming to us on loan for a season

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
he could be available for loan if he goes to Utd I think...

**** him and **** ManU. Why should we put time and effort into developing their player? If he wanted to continue to be trained by Potter then he should have come here (if we even wanted him).

Good luck up there, he’s going to need it. That club has further to fall yet I think.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
LOL. Did people seriously believe a United transfer target would come here?
Wow.
Why not?
There are positives for us;
He knows the manager, I'm hoping that is a positive...
He would likely get more game time with us.
He's in our price range.
He's young and got time to move to a big club.
We are premier league.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
LOL. Did people seriously believe a United transfer target would come here?
Wow.

No. I definitely do not want him on loan though, it could benefit ManU and James but there would be very little benefit for us. We can’t build a team round him, we would simply be improving/EPL Testing him for another club. No thanks.
Young top 6 starlets are worth a loan for a Championship team. Not an EPL team unless there is a possibility of a perm, which there won’t be in this case.
For us in the EPL the only incoming loans we should consider are proven EPL players who for whatever reason can’t get regular football with their top flight clubs who would immediately offer us something we lack without the transfer fee e.g. Drinkwater.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Why not?
There are positives for us;
He knows the manager, I'm hoping that is a positive...
He would likely get more game time with us.
He's in our price range.
He's young and got time to move to a big club.
We are premier league.

Err because he's a target of the biggest club in the world.
The rest is meaningless waffle.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
No. I definitely do not want him on loan though, it could benefit ManU and James but there would be very little benefit for us. We can’t build a team round him, we would simply be improving/EPL Testing him for another club. No thanks.
Young top 6 starlets are worth a loan for a Championship team. Not an EPL team unless there is a possibility of a perm, which there won’t be in this case.
For us in the EPL the only incoming loans we should consider are proven EPL players who for whatever reason can’t get regular football with their top flight clubs who would immediately offer us something we lack without the transfer fee e.g. Drinkwater.

Laughable.

- He's a very good player
- He knows the Graham Potter way
- One less signing needed which would have to trained into the philosophy
- Would be a huge boost in helping us build a team fit to stay up
- If he's available for loan and we don't get him, one of our rivals will, resulting in them strengthening their squad
- Should united decide they don't want him next summer (OGS may well be gone) then we would be in the driving seat for his signature

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Oh well, shame but no surprise

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Err because he's a target of the biggest club in the world.
The rest is meaningless waffle.
Not necessarily. What if OGS has told him he is going out on loan? And to a club he doesn't fancy? Obviously not Brighton:)

What if OGS had told him he is behind Linguard, Martial, Sanchez etc?

Although the club itself and the wages would be very difficult to turn down, the football side of things may not necessarily be better than with us.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Not necessarily. What if OGS has told him he is going out on loan? And to a club he doesn't fancy? Obviously not Brighton:)

What if OGS had told him he is behind Linguard, Martial, Sanchez etc?

Although the club itself and the wages would be very difficult to turn down, the football side of things may not necessarily be better than with us.

Why would the manager try to put off a potential new signing?
I think you're reaching.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
If I was a United fan then I wouldn't be overly enthused by this. They just don't seem to have any strategy . They chuck 300k + to names which you can tell wont be a fit and mix in with signings like this.

They need an overhaul

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Why would the manager try to put off a potential new signing?
I think you're reaching.
Nope. I know a young player that was being looked at by Liverpool and Chelsea and each club told him how many players were in front of him before he decided which club to sign with.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here