Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mitrovic in the Summer Window

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Really gone off him recently. Strong but little pace and doesn't seem to have decent ball skills. Be careful what you wish for

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
For one, I'm not saying necessarily that he isn't pacey, just that he never uses it to the full nowadays.

Apart from when he came on at Millwall to get us through to our first semi final in 36 years and the 2nd half , and when he came on , at our game 5 days ago and transformed the team.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Apart from when he came on at Millwall to get us through to our first semi final in 36 years and the 2nd half , and when he came on , at our game 5 days ago and transformed the team.

Oi, the much maligned Locadia had a massive part in that win, and he meant his goal :smile:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that our problems stem from the fact that our wide men are not capable of beating a player and putting in a cross near the penalty spot for our strikers to attack. If they don't do that we could have Kane or Lukaku playing there and still would not score.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think that our problems stem from the fact that our wide men are not capable of beating a player and putting in a cross near the penalty spot for our strikers to attack. If they don't do that we could have Kane or Lukaku playing there and still would not score.

At the risk of repeating myself, there needs to be somebody in the middle, preferably more than one, for the wingers to cross to. Otherwise the wingers look like ***** crossing the ball to nobody.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea

We drew with Millwall. We drew at home to a lower half team. As a (currently) PL team, don't we need to aim our goals a tad higher?

Additionally, most persons will admit that some of his performances have not always been 10/10 as at Millwall and v Newcastle.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

March and Ali J can deliver a great ball. But to whom?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
We drew with Millwall. We drew at home to a lower half team. As a (currently) PL team, don't we need to aim our goals a tad higher?
Additionally, most persons will admit that some of his performances have not always been 10/10 as at Millwall and v Newcastle.

Yes to all of this but this wasn't your point. It was March "never uses [pace] it to the full nowadays".
...presumably apart from when he does. Including 5 days ago. .

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I would add a right back to that list. Montoya's performances havent filled me with confidence and Bruno cant possibly last another full season. Like you say the wide men are fine as long as they are given a bit more freedom, and maybe practice their crossing!

I like Montoya and he's done pretty well in his first season and will be better next season again.

And I have no objection to another right back, just feel the other 3 are the prime positions we need.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
If he isn’t a Benitez style player, I doubt very much that Harry will want him.

Not enough pace, movement or industry.

I’m out.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
If he isn’t a Benitez style player, I doubt very much that Harry will want him.

Not enough pace, movement or industry.

I’m out.

You’ve just made me want to call him Harry forever - thanks :thumbsup:

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Not a Potter type player I assume?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
I like Montoya and he's done pretty well in his first season and will be better next season again.

And I have no objection to another right back, just feel the other 3 are the prime positions we need.

I can see Montoya going or being backup to a new right back. He looks a bit suspect to me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here