Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Leeds v Derby play off semi

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I really enjoyed what I saw of the game. Both defences would get decimated in the Premier League if they play like that. Hoping that you are the team that make it this year, so many years of hurt...hopefully it ends this season

Can't argue with any of that - We're a nightmare at set pieces, conceded sooooo many. I said earlier in the week that I think PL is too early for us and Frank but it's what you have to hope for isn't it!

Best of luck in the final. Don't like Villa and hate John Terry. ��

Thanks.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Not sure Lampard would swap Derby for us anyway.

Much bigger club and will be stronger next season if he stays.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Lampards away record in 2019 makes Hughtons look good !

He has got a lot out of some very good young players but from my Derby supporting friends has been a bit naive this season, possibly to be expected. I hope they go up but think they might struggle again as they have a lot of loan players that they may not get back

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Saw this and had to share...

Leeds.jpg

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
While It's not always clear from the 'outside' the impact a manager has (you know that yourselves from the reaction to Hughton's sacking), Lampard has made such a difference to the way we play, to the vibe around the club. He's not afraid to play youngsters, Jayden Bogle has played 40 games and isn't 19 until July, there was an 18 year old on the bench last night who's never been in the squad before. I agree with you that getting us to the play offs doesn't mark him out as a genius but to do it playing the way we do and bringing such positivity is worth credit.

Cheered the Derby goals nearly as loud as the Palace goals at Cardiff and I still feel dirty for that!!!
Ps

I hate Leeds so well done.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX

I've never really thought Lampard would swap an upcoming team like Derby for Brighton, we are not an established Premier league Club and Derby are a much bigger club. He can gain more by getting Derby promoted to the Premier league and try and establish HIS team not try and save someone else's struggling team. More I think about it why would he want to come to us and be on a hiding to nothing just to have a shot at the big time now.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I've never really thought Lampard would swap an upcoming team like Derby for Brighton, we are not an established Premier league Club and Derby are a much bigger club. He can gain more by getting Derby promoted to the Premier league and try and establish HIS team not try and save someone else's struggling team. More I think about it why would he want to come to us and be on a hiding to nothing just to have a shot at the big time now.

Is their Chairman still the same numpty? He'd be a good reason to get out as quickly as possible.

That said, Lampard isn't coming here.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Is their Chairman still the same numpty? He'd be a good reason to get out as quickly as possible.

That said, Lampard isn't coming here.
Mel Morris? I think he was trying to flog the club recently. Might change his mind if they beat Villa.....

But yes, he was the one who coined "the Derby way" phrase which became synonymous with "spending tons of cash and bottling it".

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Mel Morris? I think he was trying to flog the club recently. Might change his mind if they beat Villa.....

But yes, he was the one who coined "the Derby way" phrase which became synonymous with "spending tons of cash and bottling it".

He's also the one who sacked Paul Clement after 8 months in charge, with Derby 5th in the table, stating that "promotion this season was not the primary target. The priority was building on the Derby way"

:facepalm:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
He's also the one who sacked Paul Clement after 8 months in charge, with Derby 5th in the table, stating that "promotion this season was not the primary target. The priority was building on the Derby way"

:facepalm:
That's the chap.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here