Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tickets Remaining for FA Cup Semi Final ***About 200 LEFT ON SALE***

When will we sell out

• Monday 25th (bronze members with 65 points)

Votes: 15 4.1%
  • Tuesday 26th (all bronze members)

Votes: 25 6.9%
  • Wednesday 27th (extra 2 tickets for STH)

Votes: 97 26.6%
  • Thursday 28th (extra 2 tickets for bronze)

Votes: 51 14.0%
  • After Friday 29th and a general sale

Votes: 126 34.6%
  • It won’t sell out

Votes: 50 13.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PortuGull

Gooooooooooooooooooooolll
Jul 10, 2011
Brighton Marina
Just over 600 left!

No idea how you figure that.

The blacked out blocks have availability but it’s v limited. They’re trying to steer general sale purchases (today from 11am) into the less populated blocks.

As at 9.45 there were:

Upper: 927
Lower: 278
Club Wembley: 5
Total: 1210

Can't see how you get those figures for Upper Tier. At 2:30am there were 582 and just checked now there are 522 left in Upper:

Upper: 522
Lower: 272
Total: 799

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Wait, you think that your Wembley final in an U23s tournament which is so derided that gates struggle to get above 1,000 is not a "nothing match" compared to an FA Cup semi final?

You have GOT to be having a laugh!

Wembley is the place for finals, I dont actually disagree that its not a top competition however it is a cup played at the level we are currently at and in front of 85,000 without really any corporate sales. Same as the FA Trophy and Vase should both (and are) played at the ground. Semi Finals however should not in my opinion and I do that knowing that I went to a semi final 15 years ago at Old Trafford and it was a great day out.

Why not play the quarter finals at Wembley as well if you want to go down the importance route?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's feels like a somewhat circular reasoning; the 'status' of the final was elevated simply due to the fat that it was contested by two 'box office' teams; therefore the competition holds greater weight; therefore the teams contesting the final gain more caché. I suspect most Mackems themselves might be hard pressed to name more than a couple of EFL finalists of the past 5 years*

But I agree that semis should be held at neutral grounds, especially now there are so many which can hold big numbers, which can offer the 'modern football experience' (bleurgh) and which can be easily set up for even splits.

*I wouldn't include [MENTION=19107]wakeytom[/MENTION], enlightened and informed as he is, in this group. x

The fact that it was Sunderland and Portsmouth lifted the gate, but the competition itself is still rubbish and this is little more than a good day out. I doubt Sunderland fans were that gutted about losing the final in reality. And anyway, attendance has often been quite good for that competition final, especially if one or both clubs are reasonably well supported. Most recent attendances:

85,021 - Portsmouth v Sunderland
41,261 - Lincoln v Shrewsbury
74,434 - Coventry v Oxford
59,230 - Barnsley v Oxford
72,315 - Bristol City v Walsall
35,663 - Pererborough v Chesterfield
43,842 - Crewe v Southend

PortuGull

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton Marina
What's on sale at 11:00 today? more Spurs ticket options?? The queue is in place again.

General sale for cup semifinal

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Wembley is the place for finals, I dont actually disagree that its not a top competition however it is a cup played at the level we are currently at and in front of 85,000 without really any corporate sales. Same as the FA Trophy and Vase should both (and are) played at the ground. Semi Finals however should not in my opinion and I do that knowing that I went to a semi final 15 years ago at Old Trafford and it was a great day out.

Why not play the quarter finals at Wembley as well if you want to go down the importance route?

There is nothing to disagree with there at all - Wembley is a place for finals, we'd all rather semis were played elsewhere but they're not. But I'm not arguing with that, I'm arguing with what you originally said which is this:

That said to call it a nothing match as a final played at Wembley compared to a semi final which should be at a neutral ground is just wrong

Regardless of where the games are played, the Checkatrade Trophy final IS a nothing match compared to an FA Cup semi-final, even if that FA Cup semi final was played at Fratton Park.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Tickets Remaining for FA Cup Semi Final *** ADDITIONAL 1500 TICKETS ****

Can't see how you get those figures for Upper Tier. At 2:30am there were 582 and just checked now there are 522 left in Upper:

Upper: 522
Lower: 272
Total: 799

:shrug by hovering over the blocks and counting. Maybe the club keep blocking/unblocking reserved seats for some reason?

The three family blocks alone had c590 just now. Weird.

PortuGull

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton Marina
:shrug by hovering over the blocks and counting. Maybe the club keep blocking/unblocking reserved seats for some reason?

The three family blocks alone had c590 just now. Weird.

Maybe the club will do what they did yesterday just before the 11am window, and add a bunch of "new" tickets...

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
There is nothing to disagree with there at all - Wembley is a place for finals, we'd all rather semis were played elsewhere but they're not. But I'm not arguing with that, I'm arguing with what you originally said which is this:

Regardless of where the games are played, the Checkatrade Trophy final IS a nothing match compared to an FA Cup semi-final, even if that FA Cup semi final was played at Fratton Park.

But was Sunday not a final and this weekend not semi-finals? Regardless of the level.

Actually I really was not worried either way on Sunday other than not wanting to lose a match (same as any old league match) however the weekend party was what I wanted (and got)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
But was Sunday not a final and this weekend not semi-finals? Regardless of the level.
Yes, but as I've said twice now, I'm not taking issue with that.

Actually I really was not worried either way on Sunday other than not wanting to lose a match (same as any old league match) however the weekend party was what I wanted (and got)
And that is because it was a match in a nothing competition.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Lol.....he's comparing Checkatrade final with an FA Cup SF....obviously not ''any'' final.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I must admit, I have lost track of which window we are looking through today.

Attachments

• playschool windows 1970.png
    playschool windows 1970.png
    436.9 KB · Views: 354

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here