Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Duffy

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
In all seriousness though... something like this could happen, if the club is engineering some radical transfer activity to save our season.

eg.

Duffy to West Ham for a fee.

White recalled from Leeds.

Money made available for a striker.

Well, one can dream.

But this apparently impeccable source is saying a loan, so only a small amount of up front money. So that wouldn't work before we even have to re-open tedious discussions of White's loan contract or desirable striker availability

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I can't believe this, we would be absolutely bat shit mental to help a rival out. At the end of the season, maybe.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
In all seriousness though... something like this could happen, if the club is engineering some radical transfer activity to save our season.

eg.

Well, one can dream.

Heading into a relegation battle, if I had the voice of a young defender who’s never kicked a ball in the Premier League, or our current POTS, ROI International with 3 seasons of PL football under his belt and relegation battle experienced, I know which one I’d choosing.

Therefore, I expect this move to go through.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004

eg.

Well, one can dream.

Not sure White can be recalled

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Things that make me doubt this is true

West Ham are only just below us and are one of a small number of direct rivals for relegation
Burn's injury
Webster's form
Dunk's yellow card situation
White's Premier League inexperience
The fact that we wouldn't get much up front money for a loan
An already uneasy relationship between club and fans

Things which make me think it could be plausible

We've done stupid stuff like getting rid of players we need because of perceived playing style already this season
Duffy needs to play, so i'm sure he would like a move
He gave the fans a big clap last night

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Give them Ryan as well. let’s get rid of all our decent players to prove once and for all that potterball will succeed whatever is thrown at it.

Elipsis

Sep 14, 2019
Heading into a relegation battle, if I had the voice of a young defender who’s never kicked a ball in the Premier League, or our current POTS, ROI International with 3 seasons of PL football under his belt and relegation battle experienced, I know which one I’d choosing.

Therefore, I expect this move to go through.
Crazy to get rid of Duffy, a proven performer and leader who should be entering his prime. But in the strange world of GP presumably the ability to deal with short goal kicks is a more important attribute for a centre back than positional sense, aerial ability and physical strength.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Unless Potter and Ashworth simply don’t rate Duffy as a PL footballer skills wise?
Maybe they don't but surely the practicalities of a relegation battle are more important. Especially with Burn injured!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Unless Potter and Ashworth simply don’t rate Duffy as a PL footballer skills wise?

All will be ok Connelly will be our new CB.

Tinkerball

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Has no one at the club watched Us defending just now? Duffy must stay and play!

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Yep GPott clearly doesn't rate Duffy as a footballer.

It's just a shame he also happens to be one of the worlds best defenders.

peterward

Nov 11, 2009

It could be the 25 PL squad size? Ship out all those deemed to have no long term future to free up space for arrivals?

Unless we're getting someone from them we really want, it would be madness in the extreme. Send him abroad, to Celtic or the championship but not a direct rival

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here