Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dear Mr Bloom, Mr Barber and BOD

SteveTheSeagull

I AM A CRIPPLED ALICE FAN
Feb 14, 2015
Looks like going down the cheap route has ultimately failed. The quest to save a few bob and to satisfy the FFP sinkhole by selling our best players has just about cost us our Championship status. Bringing in El Cheapo loans is never a good long term investment. The players don't look up to the task and quick frankly don't look like they get a toss about us going down. Now i'm not going to grill CH as to be honest he can only work with whatever meager budget he is given.

To be honest. I really do hope someone from the club see's this as to be honest as i'm sure i'm not the only one cheesed off with how things have been run.

Sorry for the way i've written this and i'm aware it may not make much sense but i have had a few to drink to drown my sorrows. :drink:

Bottoms up.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Looks like going down the cheap route has ultimately failed. The quest to save a few bob and to satisfy the FFP sinkhole by selling our best players has just about cost us our Championship status.

NSC told them all that six months ago.

Thank Christ Hyypiä did the decent thing and fell on his sword the day after the kids Xmas party, cos Bloom had no intention of sacking him.

Really makes you wonder what the board is playing at. Anybody would think they WANT to be bought out by a dodgy swarthy business syndicate... ???

SteveTheSeagull

Feb 14, 2015

Thank Christ Hyypiä did the decent thing and fell on his sword the day after the kids Xmas party, cos Bloom had no intention of sacking him.

Really makes you wonder what the board is playing at. Anybody would think they WANT to be bought out by a dodgy swarthy business syndicate... ???

I really don't know what they are thinking sometime's with some of the decisions they've made. Though if PB went and said something to the media. Most fans seem to melt in his hands like putty and lap everything up he says.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
They are using Tony's logarithm of probability, as used in the Iceworks. Clearly it only works for forecasting league results and needs tweaking for a particular Teams performance.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I really don't know what they are thinking sometime's with some of the decisions they've made. Though if PB went and said something to the media. Most fans seem to melt in his hands like putty and lap everything up he says.

Human nature innit. PB connects with the fans on a human level. Same as CMS applauding the fans after a game does. Hard to give a hard objective appraisal of the performance of people who are so goddamn intrinsically NICE.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing

e

Bloom had no intention of sacking any of the managers that he's employed. Gus decided his own fate, Oscar and Sami both decided to walk. Bloom has a more enlightened view about football management in that, if he decides that someone is the right person he will give them enough time to show it. This will be a lot more that 6 months or until they lose a few games. I honestly believe that he won't be too fussed about a relegation if, in his opinion, this will ultimately lead to a stronger team and manager.

I think that us fans will need to get used to this approach or there will be several of us with unnecessary heart attacks or strokes.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Bloom had no intention of sacking any of the managers that he's employed. Gus decided his own fate, Oscar and Sami both decided to walk. Bloom has a more enlightened view about football management in that, if he decides that someone is the right person he will give them enough time to show it. This will be a lot more that 6 months or until they lose a few games. I honestly believe that he won't be too fussed about a relegation if, in his opinion, this will ultimately lead to a stronger team and manager.

I think that us fans will need to get used to this approach or there will be several of us with unnecessary heart attacks or strokes.

You'll be disappointed with that choice of words.

SteveTheSeagull

Feb 14, 2015

But to me that kinda brings up another question. Are our managers really the manager and not just a yes man as since Gus we seem to be sticking to the same sort of style, same kinda formation. Makes me wonder if Bloom is trying to managerial strings behind the scenes. Maybe a foolish drunken theory but it's the best i could come up with.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
You'll be disappointed with that choice of words.

Why? People need to understand that this game isn't that important in the short term - despite what Shankley said and despite some of the people that come on here at 4.55 after a defeat. It's what happens over a number of years that counts and it involves laying the correct foundations both in the playing and non-playing areas. They could manage their wellbeing better by understanding that.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Tony sorted the future of the club for us with the investment on the infrastructure. If he hadn't done so the club would have faded into the conference, perhaps league 2 if we were lucky without continued investment from him. With that investment it's his choice surely regarding playing investment and it seems to me that he's decided to invest in the future so we can push on in 4 or 5 years rather than now. That is absolutely fine with me, it is a good and sustainable strategy.

What's not fine with me is being bullsh1ted on a regular basis. I would hope that this has arisen from the damn fools that Tony has surrounded himself with rather than directly from him. This is his biggest mistake in my opinion, the recruitment of the non playing staff at the club has been shocking. Hebberd, Chris Baker, Burke, Ken Brown (or was he Dick's?) have been garbage, utterly awful. I also feel that Barber is wrong for this club although I know many on here worship the ground that the irritating fool walks on. These appointments have really affected the club and helped to alienate it from the supporters.

Time for some honesty about where we are, who we are and where we are heading. I've little doubt that this summer will be very similar to last summer and next season will be a mid table one at best. We've fudged squad rebuilding over the last couple of years and will continue to do so until the DS lot begin to step up.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Hopefully that old saying once bitten twice shy will come to the fore in the summer and some serious recruitment will take place

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
They ballsed up in the summer. First warning sign was willy waving over the fee to wolves for ward.

Then with a week to go it looked like casper would be no1 and Fenelon and CMS our first choice strikers.

Even with Jose or Fergie in charge you could see the cracks were there.

Compounded by the flurry of loans that followed.

Car crash.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
But to me that kinda brings up another question. Are our managers really the manager and not just a yes man as since Gus we seem to be sticking to the same sort of style, same kinda formation. Makes me wonder if Bloom is trying to managerial strings behind the scenes. Maybe a foolish drunken theory but it's the best i could come up with.

You raise a really good point, whilst there are only so many things that can be done on a football pitch in terms of formation and approach, apart from wingbacks under Hyypia and a greater use of a long ball now, I see very little difference in our play. The end result under Poyet, Garcia, Hyypia and now Hughton is lack of goals. It leads me to wonder whether there isn't some kind of philosophy being laid down from the board room?
Poyet was boring, Garcia marginally more boring, Sammi was forlorn and now Hughton, not scoring goals. Playing one up and setting out a defensive formation is great if you don't concede first, but also we need to go one up to justify that formation and we fail to do that.
I feel CH will be in for a shock in the close season when he sees what we actually have to spend. many of the current squad are loan players and many out of contract this season. Its back to base Tony four seasons at the Amex and now we're back where we started.

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
You raise a really good point, whilst there are only so many things that can be done on a football pitch in terms of formation and approach, apart from wingbacks under Hyypia and a greater use of a long ball now, I see very little difference in our play. The end result under Poyet, Garcia, Hyypia and now Hughton is lack of goals. It leads me to wonder whether there isn't some kind of philosophy being laid down from the board room?
Poyet was boring, Garcia marginally more boring, Sammi was forlorn and now Hughton, not scoring goals. Playing one up and setting out a defensive formation is great if you don't concede first, but also we need to go one up to justify that formation and we fail to do that.
I feel CH will be in for a shock in the close season when he sees what we actually have to spend. many of the current squad are loan players and many out of contract this season. Its back to base Tony four seasons at the Amex and now we're back where we started.

Hughton would have asked what the summer budget was before taking the job. The only shock would be if the board had lied / mislead him in which case I'm sure he will walk if that scenario comes to fruition. It's survival then rebuild.

Feb 14, 2010
Hughton would have asked what the summer budget was before taking the job. The only shock would be if the board had lied / mislead him in which case I'm sure he will walk if that scenario comes to fruition. It's survival then rebuild.

A budget is one thing, but spending it on decent players is another, as is making the best of what we have. Look at Brentford and Bournemouth. Well done those clubs with a much smaller budget than us.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
After so many years of shit, we get a great stadium the support follow and yet again we **** it all up. Stop sucking off Saint tony, other clubs have nice grounds too AND are successful. Bournemouth will beat us to The PL as have Pompey and Saints. Basically we are the south coast minnows ��

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
A budget is one thing, but spending it on decent players is another, as is making the best of what we have. Look at Brentford and Bournemouth. Well done those clubs with a much smaller budget than us.
I don't think there are many clubs with a smaller budget than ours. Our league position in that sense is about right...

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
At least this summer we should have a manager that has time to be involved in the planning for next season. The last two summers have been disrupted by having to bring in a new manager. This will be CHs chance to build his own team with so many contracts ending and no interference from Burke. In fact he should be planning for next season already.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
you the fans have done your job:bowdown:its now time for the management to do theirs CH apart who I am sure will do a good job next season .........as for the rest abysmal

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here