Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

thejackal

Throbbing Member
Oct 22, 2008
Brighthelmstone
It’s just the main flaw in their argument was they lacked eyes.

Some people obviously weren't watching when we beat Hudds at home; he played a blinder and got man of the match on the BBC. He played well in the 3 league games that we won between January and March.

I think some people have selective eyesight, which reflects much more on them than on Alireza himself.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Some people obviously weren't watching when we beat Hudds at home; he played a blinder and got man of the match on the BBC. He played well in the 3 league games that we won between January and March.

I think some people have selective eyesight, which reflects much more on them than on Alireza himself.

You've forgotten the time he hit the post against Southampton.

DataPoint

Mar 31, 2015
i think hes probably like knockhart in that hes an attacking winger too often forced back for defensive duties. hopefully with our more attacking stance we'll leave the striker and wingers in the opponents half so we can do a quick break when we get back possession.

Sounds fun! Nobody on defensive duties - so plenty of possession in the opponents half from all those kick-off's.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
It's ok, this thread will be this season's, "Charlton's going to be terrible". :thumbsup:

All these definitive opinions flying around about how terrible Jahanbakhsh is, there's going to be so much humble pie to be eaten but I don't think the majority of the knockers will even re-appear in this thread. They'll just sit down and shut up, knowing how wrong they were but totally without the humility to admit it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's ok, this thread will be this season's, "Charlton's going to be terrible". :thumbsup:

All these definitive opinions flying around about how terrible Jahanbakhsh is, there's going to be so much humble pie to be eaten but I don't think the majority of the knockers will even re-appear in this thread. They'll just sit down and shut up, knowing how wrong they were but totally without the humility to admit it.

If only, hopefully this thread will have to prepare itself for gallons of:-

'I always hoped he'd come good'.

Despite everything written to the contrary.

Failing that it'll be the boundless joy of being right in front of a group of faceless strangers that'll propel this thread to dizzying new heights.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Failing that it'll be the boundless joy of being right in front of a group of faceless strangers that'll propel this thread to dizzying new heights.
* I always said he'd have to up his game. I was RIGHT *

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

What's the most interesting is that we're together on this issue, but polar opposites about Glenn Murray.

And yet, zero insults! Amazing, how do we manage it... :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What's the most interesting is that we're together on this issue, but polar opposites about Glenn Murray.

Cos you're a nobber!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I'll hazard a guess we're not polar opposites re Murray, despite what [MENTION=24867]chaileyjem[/MENTION] will have you believe.

My 'Murray Calendar' is just out of sync with most other posters, that's all.

I always have a bee in my bonnet about the caliber, quantity and quality of the strikers the team has at it's disposal.
A frustration I take out on Murray, because it's coupled with the :sick: inducing 'returning hero'. - That's on me, I own that.

Every once in a while a 'team v Watford' appears and Murray is starting - my head explodes.
He just shouldn't be anywhere near that first team, or the first team.

Seemingly the NSC preferred compromise is 15 minutes, off the bench, if all else has failed.
Fine.
But for me that should have been last season, while others (note the plural) were being readied.

Murray is and has been fantastic for the club.
Again others will have you believe I'm completely anti Murray, anti Albion and not a fan, just because they don't understand the conception of past, present and future tense, which is the important tense, as it's the one I'm talking in.

I find it hard to believe after reading that we're polar opposites, because if we were your position would be Murray starting most games, or a la last season, appearing in every single one! (my head exploded again, when that popped up) and you're not a nobber.

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Genuinely have always thought he had ability, I hope he backs that up this season, and I think he will. You just look at his technique and you can see there’s a quality player in there.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Genuinely have always thought he had ability, I hope he backs that up this season, and I think he will. You just look at his technique and you can see there’s a quality player in there.

Sadly I have no chance in finding it, but it's the heat map from his last 2 seasons that's the most baffling.

The season before last he was a one trick pony.
Hugging the right side touchline at halfway, running at the corner of the box, heading towards the penalty spot.
That was it, no defending (unsurprisingly) and not a single bye-line cross.

Last season he was everywhere, except where he earned his transfer fee.

So what if Pots thinks 'you know what Ali, just do what you do best, but be mindful of defending as well', and it works.
What if Ali then comes good?

Well according to Portlock et al that'll be all rather meaningless because he was shitehouse first season, end of.

Obviously he could be given the keys from Potter and promptly drop them down the drain, we shall see.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

That's utter horseshit though, isn't it?

I've not been shy in stating that I don't think he's very good, but I absolutely want him to prove me wrong and gloaters to quote back all my comments on this thread. There's absolutely no benefit to me in my club wasting tens of millions of pounds on ineffective players.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
That's utter horseshit though, isn't it?

I've not been shy in stating that I don't think he's very good, but I absolutely want him to prove me wrong and gloaters to quote back all my comments on this thread. There's absolutely no benefit to me in my club wasting tens of millions of pounds on ineffective players.

What we want is a James Beatiesque type turnaround in fortune.

He scored five goals in his first 62 Premier League games for Southampton, including a run of 27 matches without a goal, before turning things around. He then went on to score 63 in his next 100 games and 3 years later he was playing for England.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Oh sorry, yes, I forgot. Scrub that. Clearly player of the season. One swallow makes it climate change etc.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Sadly I have no chance in finding it, but it's the heat map from his last 2 seasons that's the most baffling.

The season before last he was a one trick pony.
Hugging the right side touchline at halfway, running at the corner of the box, heading towards the penalty spot.
That was it, no defending (unsurprisingly) and not a single bye-line cross.

Last season he was everywhere, except where he earned his transfer fee.

So what if Pots thinks 'you know what Ali, just do what you do best, but be mindful of defending as well', and it works.
What if Ali then comes good?

Well according to Portlock et al that'll be all rather meaningless because he was shitehouse first season, end of.

Obviously he could be given the keys from Potter and promptly drop them down the drain, we shall see.

Why can’t you accept he was piss poor last season. Your entire argument rests upon if he improves this season then everything’s forgiven and no doubt you’ll be on here gloating told you so etc as if that eradicated all memory of the shocking contribution he made last season. Why are so many people unable to judge a player in the here and now? He was garbage. He has a lot to prove therefore. End of. If you nailed your colours to his mast last season then you were mistaken. He sunk. Your drowned, get over it. A new season is upon us.

thejackal

Throbbing Member
Oct 22, 2008
Brighthelmstone
Oh sorry, yes, I forgot. Scrub that. Clearly player of the season. One swallow makes it climate change etc.

You're not doing your cause any good with blatant misrepresentations like that. Face it pal, you're wrong. He wasn't player of the season last year but neither was he 'utter shtehouse'. Utter shitehouse players do not get MOM. You're really not doing much to bolster your argument.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why can’t you accept he was piss poor last season. Your entire argument rests upon if he improves this season then everything’s forgiven and no doubt you’ll be on here gloating told you so etc as if that eradicated all memory of the shocking contribution he made last season. Why are so many people unable to judge a player in the here and now? He was garbage. He has a lot to prove therefore. End of. If you nailed your colours to his mast last season then you were mistaken. He sunk. Your drowned, get over it. A new season is upon us.

Sorry but you are wrong.
I have never gone into bat for Ali (Big Jurg, yes, Ali no)

All I have ever done is say, 'hang on, what about x, y & z as reasons for his season' as well as trusting the process that got him here, just like in the example you quoted.
I have never said he isn't shitehouse, I'll not be saying see I told you he was great, if he turns his season around.
But I will say maybe X, y & z was more important than some were prepared to accept.

For me nobody gets a cleaner slate than Ali J.
Every single one of the mitigating circumstances (excuses) I put forward have disappeared, every one.
It's sink or swim time and we'll know who was right very soon, although frustratingly for everyone he'll doggy paddle and we'll all be right and wrong.

Last edited:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
6000 posts, and still no assists or goals in the PL or Cups for Ali. Big season coming up for him. Hope he delivers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here