Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Oh I say....at it in Hove now

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Get used to it: this is probably not the last time we'll hear the expressions "Brighton & Hove" and "going down" in the same sentence over the next few months.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
"Ever since they made this a protest city, people think they’ve got the right to do what they like.

We’ve had smut, smut and more smut."

What is that councillor talking get about? How does she manage to equate protests with people having sex on a beach? As a local I'm gutted I'm missed out on all this smut which is sweeping the city according to her.

It's The Daily Star. They're after a political angle on it. Their readers will enjoy seeing plastic-enhanced tits, but be outraged by this public act.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
That's basically saying it absolutely fine to live like animals? Maybe muff diving in public doesn't offend you - but what about the little 6 year old walking past, holding an ice cream and having a lovely day.. a lovey day until he/she sees some skank holding a can of lager with her legs akimbo and some bloke with his head between them? Is that something a child should see?

Disgusted from Eastbourne.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
The woman is lying naked and holding what appears to be a can of lager - possibly Stella Artois.

Well that makes It totally legit and above board. If it had been Carling or Heineken it would have been totally unacceptable...

Great reportage again from the Argus....tempted to call it something else there!

Down amongst the 'Hove Lawns', nothing but thatch!

TNBA

TTF

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I refuse to believe Dawn Barnett isn’t an alternative comedian who has taken the Tories for a ride, no one can be that permanently outraged at everything

Given the quotes, I think she’s a Viz character.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
But would you apply that same argument to sh*tting in public? After all sh*tting is a perfectly natural and vital function and we don't get offended when we see a cow sh*tting in a field when we're out on a country walk so why not a human?

Like you I'm very liberal and open minded and not easily offended but I do realise there have to be boundaries as I appreciate that others might be of a more sensitive disposition. There is also the consideration of not exposing young impressionable children to certain things in case they think such behaviour is acceptable and should be emulated. Furthermore the behaviour of animals is instinctive and not dictated by moral constaints and considerations so the comparison is not really applicable.
We have to remember that not everyone is a swinging libertine.

Couldn't of put it better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here