Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Good Chris Hughton interview today

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
People call him Chris. Chris's Exit. Chrexit. Phonetically much closer to Brexit.

-No one, in person, calls him 'CH'. When reading it on here I know I read it as 'Chris Hughton', 'CH picked the team' on the page is read in my head as 'chris hughton picked the team'.
-How do you even pronounce it? See-haitch-exit? Chris-Hughton-Exit (what would even be the point in that!)? Kexit (like sCHool)? tjexit (like CHurch)?

Chrexit just feels like it clears up so much.

Ha! We can't even agree on the right term let alone whether it was the right decision! :clap:

FWIW you are totally and utterly wrong. 'Chexit' like 'Brexit' rolls off the tongue. Also the 'ch' sound isn't pronounced in 'Chris' (it's a 'k'), so if you want the 'r' you'll have to lose the 'h'. 'Crexit' may be an acceptable substitute, but Chrexit? No, no no.

And yes, I think we've pretty much come to rock bottom now haven't we?

No he didn't. He knows just as Thunder Bolt does that you can't 'know' whether it was riskier to keep Hughton or bring in Potter.
Of course he 'knows' which was the riskier choice! Mr Bloom is perhaps the nation's leading expert when it comes to assessing risk in football. The actuarial and mathematical tools he has developed are consistently beating bookies' odds, and he has the fortune to prove it.

Close the thread for Jesus sake.Chris has gone move on please.
AMEN to that.
Why don't you two move on yourselves, to another thread perhaps?

Last edited:

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Of course he 'knows' which was the riskier choice! Mr Bloom is perhaps the nation's leading expert when it comes to assessing risk in football. The actuarial and mathematical tools he has developed are consistently beating bookies' odds, and he has the fortune to prove it.

Why don't you two move on yourselves, to another thread perhaps?

Wind your neck in, Notts; we are merely suggesting that perhaps, just perhaps, this topic has been done to death and that we should now look to the future, rather than continuing to play ping -pong with those who have different opinions re CH's tenure and dismissal.
Doesn't seem an unreasonable suggestion to me, judging by the falling number of posts!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Wind your neck in, Notts; we are merely suggesting that perhaps, just perhaps, this topic has been done to death and that we should now look to the future, rather than continuing to play ping -pong with those who have different opinions re CH's tenure and dismissal.
Doesn't seem an unreasonable suggestion to me, judging by the falling number of posts!

And so it perpetuates.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Can I just say that?

That.

I thank you.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
How many times does he want to point out his methods are outdated, whilst still expecting to gain further employment? That sort of interview would keep me well clear of wanting to hire him. I know he's trying to adapt, etc - but it wouldn't encourage me to believe he can take a club forward. Can he get a dressing room back under order when there's been chaos? Yes. But do I believe he can evolve a team? No.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
How many times does he want to point out his methods are outdated, whilst still expecting to gain further employment? That sort of interview would keep me well clear of wanting to hire him. I know he's trying to adapt, etc - but it wouldn't encourage me to believe he can take a club forward. Can he get a dressing room back under order when there's been chaos? Yes. But do I believe he can evolve a team? No.

Sorry, have I followed a link to a different article to you, as the one I read talks about how managers have had to change over the years, and be more approachable, like his mate Mick McCarthy (also a trait I believe Chris shares).

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Was he waxing lyrical about the quality Norwich have ? ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here