Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ‘Albion Sign Dutch international’ email (womens)

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Due to circumstances, I had to give up my season ticket back in 2014

Since then I received no club emails other than those relating to the womens team but also some addressed to me in respect of my father in law, 98 years of age, who I took along to the Amex as a special treat probably 10 years ago.

As a result I decided 'unhappily' to block emails from the club as I cant see any reason to continue to receive mail which if of no direct interest to me !

How to disenfranchise Albion supporters ?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I opened the email, and thought 'he looks a bit feminine for a centre-back, do we really need another one?', then scrolled down...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I thought the OP was supposed to be ITK on all signings. Is he upset because his lack of knowledge has been exposed ?

Exactly! I’m ITK on men’s only cos I’m sexist... and for a min I thought ‘I hadn’t got he text about this one!’ and was worried my sauces had FAILED and I was turning into [MENTION=24838]Bladders[/MENTION] :(

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Due to circumstances, I had to give up my season ticket back in 2014

Since then I received no club emails other than those relating to the womens team but also some addressed to me in respect of my father in law, 98 years of age, who I took along to the Amex as a special treat probably 10 years ago.

As a result I decided 'unhappily' to block emails from the club as I cant see any reason to continue to receive mail which if of no direct interest to me !

How to disenfranchise Albion supporters ?

Have to say, my 8 year old daughter sometimes gets emails I don’t and vice verse - which is a little weird. I assume it’s cos I’m a STH and she isn’t or perhaps age or just random!

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I opened the email , and realised I didn’t give a shit ..

Then had a panic attack that I MUST love the WIMMINS football or I’ll be accused of being from the 1950’s

In the the end , I decided I didn’t give a shit

I like 50’s stuff like steam trains and Vauxhall Cresta’s , but for the girls game , as much as I’m pleased for them, its still crap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I opened the email , and realised I didn’t give a shit ..

Then had a panic attack that I MUST love the WIMMINS football or I’ll be accused of being from the 1950’s

In the the end , I decided I didn’t give a shit

I like 50’s stuff like steam trains and Vauxhall Cresta’s , but for the girls game , as much as I’m pleased for them, is still crap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Racist.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
It isn't just the Comms around the women's team, a fair few tweets are meaningless, devoid of context, or sent out with a set of stupid emojis, that an old misery guts, doesn't want to engage with.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
So what?

Open it. Read it. Digest it. Get excited (or not). Move on.

On the bright side...

We've signed a Dutch international.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Dutch women football :(
Dutch women :)
Women :love:

No woman, Dutch or otherwise should be punished for having big boobs...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm very much enjoying the female World Cup, and will be tuning in to the semi-final tomorrow. I've been pleasantly surprised by the standard of play, you can clearly see its come on leaps and bounds in the last 4-5 years.

Do I care about it as much as the mens game though ? Well, obviously not. Nowhere near. So do I want "headline news" about the Albion womens team trilled to me as if its big news for BHA ? Well no, not really. Probably only about 300 people would actually be interested, and most of them are friends and family of the players. But all I have to do is go "tch", roll my eyes, delete it as spam, and carry on with my life. Its a mild irritant, like a Go Compare ad. Repetitive, but easily dismissed.

Its flooded the mainstream sports sites this summer while there's nothing else on, but once the real thing is back, it'll pretty much merge into the background again.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Have we got a women’s team then ?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I commented about the style of emails and social media coverage the club gives to the women's game in the annual survey. Did anybody else?

Yep, I asked for clear distinction to be made on the emails and a separate Twitter feed. Again nothing against the women, but like [MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION] noticed the email come in on my phone whilst very busy and the notification just read 'Albion sign Dutch international' or something. I stopped what I was doing only to be disappointed. I am not sure the Albion's marketing department want disappointment associated with their emails but they are running the risk as several people here have expressed that, so most probably just as there are many people who are oh so modern and feel the need virtue signal how it doesn't bother them, there are thousands who are a little miffed. Only a little miffed and no big deal, but it is unnecessary.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here