Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leandro Trossard SIGNS ON A FOUR-YEAR DEAL

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Ooooooooh and LOOK at that BRADDERS RONG again and #SheeboITK #writeagain - first on here to COOL it once again - clearly ITK and leading the NCS tipsters. Bloody brilliant. Another EXCLUSIVE - he will SING tomorrow - exclusive - heard it HEAR first. He’ll SING tommmmmorrrow. Yes yes yes I’m ITK.

Oh dear [MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION] , this is a bit #ORKWOOD

As I’m the king of SAUCES , I am #ITK and he did SING today as I said , but will be unveiled tomorrow, not SINGING tomorrow as you suggest
[MENTION=24838]Bladders[/MENTION] #writeagain
[MENTION=33727]Sheep[/MENTION]o #rongagain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Lets get the video grading finished on the marketing, and get this announced !

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Trossard scored 20+ goals in the top league in Belgium. Led them to the title. Was their captain. Give the guy a chance-he hasn't even signed yet and there's an air of despondency on here.

Belgium has produced some decent players over the last few years. Hopefully The Albion have uncovered one in Trossard.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Of course I'll give him a chance, I never write off players until I've seen enough of them in the flesh to form an opinion.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I certainly wasn't intending to suggest that you were writing him off, there's nothing to suggest you are at all. I think all of the players we've signed have been good players, but we haven't had the best out of them so far. I'm confident that we'll see better from them this season, which is why the manager has been changed, but we'll soon know.

Someone earlier in the thread mentioned that they think Izquierdo might end up looking like bad business, and I agree with that. He had a good first season, especially in the context of how the team performed from an attacking perspective last season, but if his third season is anything like his second, he'll end up being remembered as a disappointing signing.

I'll hold fire on Izzy, as I can quite easily put last season down to never being properly fit, and I think we have to blame ourselves for mishandling his recovery, particularly at the end of the season. He came back from the WC crocked, and was unlucky to injury himself again vs Palace. But after that we seemed to dither about what to do with him. When we had him back in the squad at the end of the season he looked clearly unfit, and unable to trust his knee to push off properly and therefore go at someone full pelt.

Don't think he's become a bad player, just had the look of a Will Buckley in his latter days with us. You know the talent is there, because you've seen it with your own eyes, but you wonder whether he'll ever be truly fit enough to show you again consistently.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
To be fair, we haven't tried Luxembourg yet.

If we do, it better be a striker from F91 Dudelange. They've now won the title 15 of the last 20 years, coming 2nd in 4 of the others - who can forget 2015-15 when they finished a distant 3rd!

But even if we do get David Turpel or Sanel Ibrahimović as our new striker, then, I'll be a little despondent, even if someone can fire up a decent You Tube highlights reel.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
I think you've just summed up a lot of Brighton fans on NSC right now. Expectations through the roof, entitlement levels skyrocketing, second guessing everything the club does. Christ and we have the gall to criticise Newcastle fans for their expectations!

Saying they didn’t go to games because they were bored, Chris Hughton is sh*t, blah blah.

When we start playing attractive football (what is the criteria for this, by the way?), but losing 1-3, 2-4, 0-2 will they get bored again, I wonder

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I think you've just summed up a lot of Brighton fans on NSC right now. Expectations through the roof, entitlement levels skyrocketing, second guessing everything the club does. Christ and we have the gall to criticise Newcastle fans for their expectations!

Quite right. But LT is, from what I can gather, fairly exciting. He's been picked for the Belgian squad but not made it on to the pitch, and Belgium are the #1 In the FIFA World rankings. Arsenal have been interested. He might actually be quite Good! (Deliberate understatement).

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

Haven't the club done that with the Hughton sacking? We've very clearly announced that survival football, getting towards the top of the "bottom 5" mini-League is not good enough. So of course, expectations are for an improvement.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I don't want us to go down, not sure from where you got that from - especially from that post?!?

I do, however, think we'll struggle to stay up - but for different reasons than under CH.

This signing is a positive one, IF it goes through... yet I fear central midfield is our real weakness, and this is yet to be dealt with imho.

I will say, I'm entitled to my opinion - as are you, but calling me pathetic is pretty ermmmm flimsy to be honest.

Hey ho.

I’m sorry but this is relentlessly negative. He WILL be announced today and any suggestions to the contrary are just mischief making.

Of course we will have a tough season - we’re in the “bottom 10” group, at least for now. Let’s see if a bit of intent changes that before coming over all Eeyore impersonating Morrisey.

And the club and many of the more sensible posters on here have pointed out time and again that signings are done when everything is ready to go - not in priority order of positions

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Must have missed these posts. Pretty well everyone seems excited by this signing and is looking forward to the new season. Expectations are for a more exciting style of football with acknowledgement that it could all go pear shaped.

Care to link to all these entitled posts you talk of?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Must have missed these posts. Pretty well everyone seems excited by this signing and is looking forward to the new season. Expectations are for a more exciting style of football with acknowledgement that it could all go pear shaped.

Care to link to all these entitled posts you talk of?

Exactly this. I can’t wait for the new season. I wouldn’t have said that before the City game.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
One Belgian in Twitter says:

'He's a winger with a flawless technique, overview, stamina and dribbling skills. The type of player probably closest to Hazard'

At £18m and with no competitors this might be exaggerating things a little though.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
One Belgian in Twitter says:

'He's a winger with a flawless technique, overview, stamina and dribbling skills. The type of player probably closest to Hazard'

At £18m and with no competitors this might be exaggerating things a little though.

Eek. Hard not to get at least a little bit excited by that sort of comment.

He couldn't be anywhere near that good could he? If he was, we'd have been fighting off some very serious competition for his signature.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here