Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Reality

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Once again after a good performance albeit we could have been 3 down at half time so many think everything is now rosy. It is not. For the majority of season we have been dire not only results but how we have played. Credit we have avoided relegation twice but we are pushing our luck to say this squad will be any better next season. We have to accept we are not good enough. The defensive players in squad will be ok but midfield and forwards there must be changes. We all have our favourites but as all cant be part of squad, if we get improved additions some will have to be moved on. I would suggest minimum Stevens,Locardia,Knockaert and Gross. Ali J on a 5 year contract may be difficult and Murray will go no where

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I think Houghton should definitely get rid of Stevens, purely for the fact that his surname is so friggin hard to spell.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Once again after a good performance albeit we could have been 3 down at half time so many think everything is now rosy. It is not. For the majority of season we have been dire not only results but how we have played. Credit we have avoided relegation twice but we are pushing our luck to say this squad will be any better next season. We have to accept we are not good enough. The defensive players in squad will be ok but midfield and forwards there must be changes. We all have our favourites but as all cant be part of squad, if we get improved additions some will have to be moved on. I would suggest minimum Stevens,Locardia,Knockaert and Gross. Ali J on a 5 year contract may be difficult and Murray will go no where

Must be difficult being this miserable all the time.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012

We weren't 3 down because we can defend.
We were I down to an iffy penalty.
Shortly before half time SKY showed some stats that we had actually had more shots than Arsenal.
In the second half we matched them, as far as I was concerned.
Before the match today Jamie Redknapp made some comments about teams under pressure freezing, players being scared to take any initiative. He had seen it before, been in teams (Southampton) where it had happened.
He theorized that was what had happened to Albion. I think we proved him right today.
At least two players you want shipped out would be of interest to other Premier League teams - Stephens to Burnley and Gross to Saints - he used to play for Hasenhuttl.
I'm not saying everything in the garden is rosy, but it is not as bad as many, including you, are making out.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Reality

All the time we stay in this division we will be beating the odds.

Last year we were one of the favourites to go down,
This year we were one of the favourites to go down,
Next year we will be one of the favourites to go down.

Despite this, some of our fans will let confirmation bias trick them into believing that we would be finishing seventh if it wasn't for.... (insert theory) and this will spoil their enjoyment of the ride, even at those moments when it is obvious to all that the hard work of all at the club have allowed us to beat the odds.

We took a point at a top six ground for the first time since our promotion. Its another milestone and we did it after a bloody difficult few months. Have a beer, smile and savour it. We all know that there will be tough times ahead. We're Brighton fans, what else would we imagine?

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Reality

Despite this, some of our fans will let confirmation bias trick them into believing that we would be finishing seventh if it wasn't for.... (insert theory) and this will spoil their enjoyment of the ride, even at those moments when it is obvious to all that the hard work of all at the club have allowed us to beat the odds.

We took a point at a top six ground for the first time since our promotion. Its another milestone and we did it after a bloody difficult few months. Have a beer, smile and savour it. We all know that there will be tough times ahead. We're Brighton fans, what else would we imagine?

This. Great day out today, and a decent performance. We matched, and drew with Arsenal. Arsenal FFS. It really wasn’t that long ago we lost away to Rotherham after a desperately poor performance. ****ing long drive home, that was.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Reality

Nailed it. There is nothing more to say.

MORTY

Jan 9, 2007
Basingstoke
We weren't 3 down because we can defend.
We were I down to an iffy penalty.
Shortly before half time SKY showed some stats that we had actually had more shots than Arsenal.
In the second half we matched them, as far as I was concerned.
Before the match today Jamie Redknapp made some comments about teams under pressure freezing, players being scared to take any initiative. He had seen it before, been in teams (Southampton) where it had happened.
He theorized that was what had happened to Albion. I think we proved him right today.
At least two players you want shipped out would be of interest to other Premier League teams - Stephens to Burnley and Gross to Saints - he used to play for Hasenhuttl.
I'm not saying everything in the garden is rosy, but it is not as bad as many, including you, are making out.

Don’t let facts get in the way of a “jump on the bandwagon” whinge

woody12a

Nov 9, 2006
When will people realise that you can’t simply “get rid” of players who are under contract ! .... unless of course, someone wants to buy them !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Reality

Yep

Great post

phoenix

May 18, 2009

The fact we didn't go down proves "we are good enough" but we could be a lot better !

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I’m not convinced but I hoped we’d show more intent yesterday and we did, so nowt to moan about from me. I’d feel the same even if we’d lost. I just want to see my team attack now and then, we did that well

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009

Not good enough! Not good enough for what? We have shown over two seasons we are good enough for a relegation battle and emerging in the top half of those bottom 6 battling sides. If your expectations are to battle for a European spot then no wonder you are so disappointed.

Also the players you mention as needing to be moved on show your very small understanding about football. Stephens, Locadia, Knockaert, Gross, Ali J and Murray are all regularly in our matchday squad 4 of them start most games they are fit, I doubt we will see any of them leave this summer

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Arsenal’s HOME record is the 3rd best in the league, behind City and Liverpool. If you think we’re going to turn up at the Emirates and face a team featuring Lacazette, Aubamayang, Ozil and Mkhitaryan and NOT come under periods of pressure then you’re insane. Going forwards they’re a very dangerous team, we soaked up the pressure and got an away goal. Textbook away performance.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Arsenal’s HOME record is the 3rd best in the league, behind City and Liverpool. If you think we’re going to turn up at the Emirates and face a team featuring Lacazette, Aubamayang, Ozil and Mkhitaryan and NOT come under periods of pressure then you’re insane. Going forwards they’re a very dangerous team, we soaked up the pressure and got an away goal. Textbook away performance.

Absolutely, credit where it’s due, whatever the reasons. Proud to be an Albion fan for the first time in a while :thumbsup:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Whatever.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here