Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Driving to Spurs (and needing to park the car)

Planning to park near Vauxhall tube station. Partly as I'm picking someone up at Cobham on the way up. Looks like the parking restrictions end around 6pm so hoping I won't have to pay for the parking.

Tube is only 25 mins and hoping to get a clear run home from there.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Planning to park near Vauxhall tube station. Partly as I'm picking someone up at Cobham on the way up. Looks like the parking restrictions end around 6pm so hoping I won't have to pay for the parking.

Tube is only 25 mins and hoping to get a clear run home from there.

Did the same in the end - 50 mile drive instead of 90 including half a lap of the M25. Left Worthing around 3:30, parked up a short walk from Vauxhall Station and I was at Tottenham Hale around 6.

Coming back we were close to the front in the ground, so had to wait a while to get out of the ground, but we got on a tube at TH around 10:15, and were just heading into Worthing at midnight.

In short - great journeys in both directions.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Did the same in the end - 50 mile drive instead of 90 including half a lap of the M25. Left Worthing around 3:30, parked up a short walk from Vauxhall Station and I was at Tottenham Hale around 6.

Coming back we were close to the front in the ground, so had to wait a while to get out of the ground, but we got on a tube at TH around 10:15, and were just heading into Worthing at midnight.

Was queuing to get into the Hospital car park, when spotted a lone space on the other side of the road - 4 hours max, but restrictions ending at 18.30. One u-turn later, we're parked up, for the evening at a cost of £1.50, and without the hassling of trying to get out of a busy car park after.

Left on the final whistle, and arrived home in Southampton at 11.45pm. :clap2:

(Getting there was an absolute BITCH though...)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Parked at Gatwick, got train to Victoria and then Seven Sisters and overground to White Hart Lane. All fine on way.

Decided to walk back to Seven Sisters after game and it took forever. Lots of stopping for other roads at traffic. Can't understand why they don't close the main road all the way back to Seven Sisters. But anyway, got back to Victoria in time to get the 10.55 back to Gatwick, which then took forever. Should have meant getting back at midnight but we weren't back until 12.30am

Will consider driving next time.

Although great for my steps count :)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Just received my £80 fine for the congestion charge. Didn't even think about that aspect of it!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Just received my £80 fine for the congestion charge. Didn't even think about that aspect of it!

homer-simpson-doh.jpg

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

Where did you park? I can't think of anywhere that close to Vauxhall that's in the zone. Be careful it's not a scam...

Edit: I see that it extends further South of the river than I thought. Bugger. You must have only just got into the zone...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Where did you park? I can't think of anywhere that close to Vauxhall that's in the zone. Be careful it's not a scam...

Edit: I see that it extends further South of the river than I thought. Bugger. You must have only just got into the zone...

Albert Embankment.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Ouch

I also hit the CG zone driving up. There was some massive tailback on the M25, so I let the satnav divert me directly through the middle of London. Kept seeing the signs for the CG in 2 miles, in 1 mile, in 300 yards, intending to swing left at Hyde Park Corner at the perimeter of the zone. Got all the way to that junction to find there was something going on (climate change fellas??) and the Police had coned off the road I needed, leaving the RED zone the only way forward. I* paid £14 to drive literally 200 yards inside the zone.

*I say 'I'. It has gone straight on expenses, as I'd arranged a work meeting in North London before the game...

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Ouch

I also hit the CG zone driving up. There was some massive tailback on the M25, so I let the satnav divert me directly through the middle of London. Kept seeing the signs for the CG in 2 miles, in 1 mile, in 300 yards, intending to swing left at Hyde Park Corner at the perimeter of the zone. Got all the way to that junction to find there was something going on (climate change fellas??) and the Police had coned off the road I needed, leaving the RED zone the only way forward. I* paid £14 to drive literally 200 yards inside the zone.

*I say 'I'. It has gone straight on expenses, as I'd arranged a work meeting in North London before the game...

This is why its best to drive up to nearest tube station outside the congestion zone, park for minimal fee and not get caught by the CG police, because the b@stards will get you everytime.
Take it from someone who knows :thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here