Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Michael Robinson update

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I did post on the original thread and I wish Michael all the best in his battle. I'm not sure what cancer he has as it wasn't clear in the article. In the last year I have been having a little fight with head/brain cancer. I had my left eye removed in July and had six weeks of radiotherapy. Unfortunately it came back on my brain a few months later. Had a 22mm tumour removed a month or so ago. I've been having Cyber Knife radiotherapy treatment this week at The Royal Marsden hospital. Last one today. I'm sixty two and the treatment I've received has been brilliant. The big heart that Michael has will help. UTA.

Blimey I enjoyed your light banter posts with Bens Grandad. Hope you win your battle and can enjoy a few more :drink::drink:

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I did post on the original thread and I wish Michael all the best in his battle. I'm not sure what cancer he has as it wasn't clear in the article. In the last year I have been having a little fight with head/brain cancer. I had my left eye removed in July and had six weeks of radiotherapy. Unfortunately it came back on my brain a few months later. Had a 22mm tumour removed a month or so ago. I've been having Cyber Knife radiotherapy treatment this week at The Royal Marsden hospital. Last one today. I'm sixty two and the treatment I've received has been brilliant. The big heart that Michael has will help. UTA.

All the very best mate. Chin up!

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean

All the best Steve, my missus spoke to your sister just after Christmas so I've been kept updated

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

All the best from the UAE, Simmo.

If the Albion battle half as hard as you have, we'll come out on tops. Keep your spirits up!

colonies man

Jul 30, 2011
Makes you think about what's really important today.Wish you all the best and I hope the future is all good.Reading your thread I thought if the team show your courage they might just surprise us.All the best.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi

Keep fighting the fight and stay strong, your attitude to it, is just right.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Puts all our wittering on here in perspective [MENTION=25123]SIMMO SAYS[/MENTION] . Thoughts with you fella and a hat tip to your positivity.

Let's win it for Simmo!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
All the best [MENTION=25123]SIMMO SAYS[/MENTION] you sound like one brave guy who has been through a grim time, to keep your sense of humour is amazing. Enjoy today :thumbsup:

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
BG many thanks for your post.
We have caused a few laughs on NSC lol not always for the right reasons tho! Unfortunately mine was stage four when finally diagnosed!

stay positive Simmo, there is some amazing treatment for Cancer these days and the human body can endure a lot.

Breathe in Courage, breathe out fear (read that somewhere recently) x

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Wondered why you hadn't posted very much lately. Wishing you all the best in your fight against this. Hopefully a backs to the wall victory this afternoon will help you along !! Good luck fella

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003

All the very best mate. I've just completed 6 months of chemo for Myeloma, a blood cancer, and will have a stem cell transplant next month. Hope the treatment goes well at Royal Marsden.

Just shows there is always someone worse off than you.
And in turn, there's someone worse off than Simmo, although that will be of no comfort to him. This very evening Match of the Day showed 7-y-o Bella, guest of honour at 'udders because she's battling a rare form of brain cancer. Screenshot_20190406-234134.png

NSCers, if you find that you have a growth in the back passage, don't ignore it for months like I did. Fortunately it turned out to be a benign polyp but had it been cancerous, I believe the cure rate now tops 90% in the UK if caught early enough. If you've no symptoms then still do the stool/blood test if invited (at age 60 in my area). My 65-y-o friend just threw his test kit away, and there was nothing I could say to make him change his mind - but that's Owls for you! Haven't seen him since we reached the Semies so have missed out on the chance to remind him of the corresponding tie in 1983, which we both attended :D

Last edited:

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
And in turn, there's someone worse off than Simmo, although that will be of no comfort to him. This very evening Match of the Day showed 7-y-o Bella, guest of honour at 'udders because she's battling a rare form of brain cancer. View attachment 107266

NSCers, if you find that you have a growth in the back passage, don't ignore it for months like I did. Fortunately it turned out to be a benign polyp but had it been cancerous, I believe the cure rate now tops 90% in the UK if caught early enough. If you've no symptoms then still do the stool/blood test if invited (at age 60 in my area). My 65-y-o friend just threw his test kit away, and there was nothing I could say to make him change his mind - but that's Owls for you! Haven't seen him since we reached the Semies so have missed out on the chance to remind him of the corresponding tie in 1983, which we both attended :D

This very thread reminded me about my test kit (was 60 a few weeks back). Will be posting it back tomorrow

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

Wishing you the very best of luck...

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

Had to steal Michael Robinson’s thunder didn’t you...........hope treatment went well and you’re back down the Amex ASAP

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
it is isn't it.....Simmo is my HT chat mate (the only one) as well as my text friend and was my go to plumber (duties taken over by able son)....I have no idea how he has managed to get through the last year ..he has enormous mental strength let alone the physical side....what he hasn't mentioned is that during this period his father has been seriously ill (and still is) ..I have the utmost respect for Simmo

Simmo lost his Dad in the early hours of this morning,,kinda puts into perspective the result of a solitary football match ...thoughts with you mate and his son who posts here too

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here