Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The New Zealand PM

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
She looks like a skeleton with skin stretched across her face. Awful looking woman.

my god.....i think she gave birth not long ago so is probably breast feeding , up all night , exhausted.......she is also the pm of a country that has just had a massacre that has made headlines around the globe ......did you expect her to look like pamela anderson ...?? your comment is so out of context i can hardly be bothered calling you a twatt.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
my god.....i think she gave birth not long ago so is probably breast feeding , up all night , exhausted.......she is also the pm of a country that has just had a massacre that has made headlines around the globe ......did you expect her to look like pamela anderson ...?? your comment is so out of context i can hardly be bothered calling you a twatt.

Well said. The gormlessness of some people has no bounds.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Agree she’s great and also agree with the comment that many of our backbench MPs are similar, but none of the front bench. The question is why? I think the two party system and how those parties work is part of the problem. The “grassroots” of those parties hold all of the power - which means a bunch of daily mail reading old biddies in the case of the Tories (see Nick Boles having to resign from his local party for having the temerity to vote against ruining the country with no deal). And for Labour it means the power lies with trade unions and a bunch of champagne Marxists, most of whom seem to be privately educated “rebels” who think white imperialism is the root problem of everything, our working classes are to be pitied and handed out to and that aspiration is a dirty word. And then who vote down anyone’s who doesn’t agree with them. See Ed Milliband getting voted for over the infinitely better qualified David, plus pretty much everything that’s happened in Labour since.

If there’s one good thing to come out of the Brexit omnishshambles it might be that the whole system needs a rethink, we need more parties, a round chamber not an adversarial one, and a different voting system.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
When you look at the list of dinosaurs lined up to replace TM, she's the kind of progressive leader we can only dream off

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Is this because she hasn't divided the nation?

Well, What I meant was that she was addressing a shocking event that would not divide a nation, as opposed to the wretched Brexit topic that continues to plague this country and has caused unprecedented divisions amongst the populace.
But then again, you knew that, didn't you. I was not making a political point.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Well, What I meant was that she was addressing a shocking event that would not divide a nation, as opposed to the wretched Brexit topic that continues to plague this country and has caused unprecedented divisions amongst the populace.
But then again, you knew that, didn't you. I was not making a political point.

The point I was making was that it is easier to impress when talking if your actions are also impressive. And vice versa

Both she and the politicians in the UK are reaping what they sowed.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
I remember seeing her on the Victoria Derbyshire show and thinking that she was confident, assured and yet quite humble.
Her presence has I think been a key part in uniting the country after this tradegy. I also think no blame can possibly be proportioned at her or her government about receiving a so called manifesto, nine minutes before the event, with no clue to where it was going to happen.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
You have got and had politicians like her in this country, in the same situation I’m more than certain Peter Kyle, Lucas or even Jo Cox would be the same.
I agree. But as others have pointed out, that type of decent person (and I'd include my local MP Louise Haigh, although I didn't vote for her) is so far away from real power that we don't even generally get to hear from them. Let alone see them as genuine contenders for running the country.
[MENTION=2534]um bongo molongo[/MENTION] has nailed the reasons why.

I've never been so disillusioned with our political system. I'm 44 and have taken a great interest in politics since I was about 8 years old and my Mum explained what was happening on the news to me.

It's never been this bad with regard to the utter twats that are the only ones with any chance of the top job.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
She looks like a skeleton with skin stretched across her face. Awful looking woman.

Could have forgiven that if posted at midnight on a Saturday under the influence with an apology for being so crass this morning. Sometimes a post just stops you in its tracks for being so unbelievably stupid. You win this hands down for the year.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I agree. But as others have pointed out, that type of decent person (and I'd include my local MP Louise Haigh, although I didn't vote for her) is so far away from real power that we don't even generally get to hear from them. Let alone see them as genuine contenders for running the country.
[MENTION=2534]um bongo molongo[/MENTION] has nailed the reasons why.

I've never been so disillusioned with our political system. I'm 44 and have taken a great interest in politics since I was about 8 years old and my Mum explained what was happening on the news to me.

It's never been this bad with regard to the utter twats that are the only ones with any chance of the top job.

Regrettably, a backbench MP who got a top job fairly recently has turned out to be a huge 'utter ****'.
I give you Jeremy Corbyn!:ohmy:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

Bang on mate. Plus, although it's irrelevant, I think she's lovely.

But maybe that's because I find real women attractive, rather than orange coated, silicone implanted, collagen injected, fake eyebrow mingers. Who knows?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Does New Zealand not have much knife crime?

I don't think it has much crime at all. Their 6 o'clock news generally consists, as headlines, of a dog doing a naughty poo on the pavement, or someone stealing a Freddo from the local store. So something of this magnitude is quite huge for NZ.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Definitely has some: https://www.numbeo.com/crime/compar...?country1=United+Kingdom&country2=New+Zealand

And given how low the population is, I'm not sure it's that impressive.
Something of this magnitude would be huge for the UK, and we don't have a population of 5 million.

I did once see one of those gang programmes with that bloke from Eastenders with a gang of Maoris that totally tattoo their faces. They looked scary.

maori gang.jpg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here