Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Carabao Cup

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Typical. I work in Bristol all year and the one time we get a game down here I'm on annual leave :(

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Great draw for me. just hope I can get a ticket.

I think I'd have been Rovers (not City) if I was a Bristolian.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Really hope this is on TV so it can be shown in the pub, but resigned to there being pretty much no chance of this.

Bet there is no chance of a beamback to Dick's Bar either ???

:albion2:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Leicester v Newcastle is a cert for TV, then Fulham v Southampton looks a superb tie as their second pick with the chances of a giantkilling and all that.

Bristol Rovers is a decent tie for me in the unlikely event I can get my hands on a ticket as I imagine this one will be very popular for both home and away audiences alike.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Excellent , almost a trip to the shops from here , very happy with the draw .

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Yeah, these two pretty likely to be picked

Fulham v Saints yes. Not so sure about Newcastle v Leicester though. Pretty sure that one will just be fringe players. Surely a potential giant killing is more attractive for the neutral tv viewer?

I think Newport-West ham has a better shout tbh.

And Forest-Derby...

But what do i know.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Webster will doubtless play unless injured. Cue boos from home support. There aint a lot of love lost between Rovers and City.

"There ain't a lot of love lost between Rovers and City" - very true! But, tbh, I don't think Bristol Rovers have a lot of love for anyone - haven't been to their current ground, but both Eastville and the Bath F.C. ground they played at for a while in the 90s were bloody hostile places!

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
"There ain't a lot of love lost between Rovers and City" - very true! But, tbh, I don't think Bristol Rovers have a lot of love for anyone - haven't been to their current ground, but both Eastville and the Bath F.C. ground they played at for a while in the 90s were bloody hostile places!

True - lived in Bristol for 30 years and Rovers were 2nd team for while. They have a chip as being (generally) second team in city, not a lot of luck with grounds (an ongoing saga dating from 1986 when they left Eastville), and owners who promise a hell of lot more than they deliver. The away end is tiny and open to elements (I remember Scunthorpe fans chanting "My garden shed Is better than this" during one very rainy match) unless you get lucky and find a seat in the marquee behind goal, aptly described as 'more suitable for an outdoor show jumping competition than a football ground' in football ground guide.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Leicester v Newcastle is a cert for TV, then Fulham v Southampton looks a superb tie as their second pick with the chances of a giantkilling and all that.

Bristol Rovers is a decent tie for me in the unlikely event I can get my hands on a ticket as I imagine this one will be very popular for both home and away audiences alike.
It's just a tin-pot cup tie, not a huge interest for either side. Surely getting tickets won't be a problem - probably be able to turn up and pay on the gate, surely?

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I agree about Eastville... Twerton wasn't hostile at all, just decrepit....... The Mem is a very family oriented place... plenty of pubs in the area too.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here