Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion endorsed "casual" clothing as flogged in the shop

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
My other beef is the lack of subtle badgework. Just a seagull or very small badge. I liked the old Tommy Hilfiger type BHA badged shirts and the caps with just a small off centre seagull so I can wear them elsewhere, rather than just the Amex. I bought a new cap for this season, but the badge is too big for casual wear.

I perhaps feel it more than some as I don't wear replica shirts and it would be nice to show my allegiance without being garishly clad.

If ONLY there were a popular leisurewear brand, with an online presence and a shop in Churchill Square, with a seagull logo, almost IDENTICAL to the club one.

Untitled.jpg

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
all of the Albion tee shirts that l have bought from the club shop over the years seem to be made far too short, so all too often l have been wandering around showing off my belly button.

Does this perchance correlate with clothing made by other manufacturers? May not be the club's fault! :lolol:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Any typographers care to comment on this?

View attachment 114292

What are you looking for? A bit more serif?

I wouldn't say I'm a typographer, but I work in a design agency so I listen to them pontificating about it, and it's really fascinating after a while.

I like the typeface. Personally, I drop the little wedges and keep the typeface more solid, but then again, I'm a Johnston fan.

What's your thoughts?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What are you looking for? A bit more serif?

I wouldn't say I'm a typographer, but I work in a design agency so I listen to them pontificating about it, and it's really fascinating after a while.

I like the typeface. Personally, I drop the little wedges and keep the typeface more solid, but then again, I'm a Johnston fan.

What's your thoughts?

#TeamDovesTypeface.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Maybe there are a lot of a 57-year-old accountants with a penchant for Pringle sweaters, Farah slacks and M&S casual shoes who follow the Albion? :shrug:

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I think these tank tops as modelled by our very own Ken Beamish would go down a storm with perhaps a small seagulls motif added to the central band to bring it a bit more up to date....

13 (1).jpg

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The sad thing is that the club felt compelled to put a stop (I do understand why) to the excellent T-Shirts produced by the Teegulls people without (I assume) thinking to get them on board to design some official stuff for the club. As a Premier League club with strong brand to create and maintain I would've thought this was a key area for image marketing.

To me this is just like the record companies when digital downloads were emerging, rather than looking to embrace this they looked to stop it through the Courts and went after the platforms as well as individuals that were uploading to share.
Now there are subscription services were the record company and artists receive money (albeit a small amount) for each stream.

If the Albion had the foresight to provide a licence to Teegulls it would have been beneficial to all. Although they may be tied to exclusive deals if that's what they signed for the stuff sold via the club shop

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
To me this is just like the record companies when digital downloads were emerging, rather than looking to embrace this they looked to stop it through the Courts and went after the platforms as well as individuals that were uploading to share. Now there are subscription services were the record company and artists receive money (albeit a small amount) for each stream. If the Albion had the foresight to provide a licence to Teegulls it would have been beneficial to all. Although they may be tied to exclusive deals if that's what they signed for the stuff sold via the club shop

The (excellent) Teegulls range used other company's intellectual property - names, logos and so on.

That's fine on a small scale* but the likes of Nike and Amex would not want the Albion involved in that.

* or would have been if they hadn't sold under the BHA name

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Does this perchance correlate with clothing made by other manufacturers? May not be the club's fault! :lolol:

Well I very rarely seem to have that problem in any other menswear shops.. Although l will admit to havbing quite a long body. Certainly with any leisurewear l have purchased that was made by Nike, or Errea beforehand, was absolutely fine in that respect.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Ideally I'd like the club to make some high quality images available for all the Albion photoshoppers out there and have one of those "shops" that exist within one of those websites where you can order no end of printed merch with your own design or other peoples.
The mechanism is already there for them to get a percentage of sales, a whole load of good design would turn up, and anything they disapproved of could easily be taken down by them in minutes.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I quite like the essential plain hoodies tbh - Nike stuff nice but expensive - don’t get what some people are expecting / looking for if I’m honest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here