Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes isn't nearly good enough for us.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Ash said he was delighted his brace at the weekend got Burnley through to the next round of the cup :moo:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Can you only think about one thing at a time? I can't speak for everyone else posting on this yesterday, but I was delighted with our win, and what sounded like a good performance, with a sense that it is likely to get better as we get more comfortable in it. I was also thinking about what my work schedule is like for next week and what I might do with some time off. And what I was going to have for dinner. And the villa/spurs game. And what I now want to call 'The Ashley Burns' thread after almost typing the wrong name. And thought about a friend going through a tough time at the moment and sending her good vibes. I also remembered a work friend had a social event she was a little apprehensive about so I thought about checking in with her to see how she was doing. I thought about lots of things over the course of yesterday afternoon.

Posting in this thread doesn't mean I wasn't also enjoying our win.

Good post.

The people who want this thread deleted or locked, perceive the jokers or AB admirers posting to be consumed by rage about the OP (even when the Albion have just won brilliantly).

Far from it ... just another light hearted NSC thread that can be dipped into at any time.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Good post.

The people who want this thread deleted or locked, perceive the jokers or AB admirers posting to be consumed by rage about the OP (even when the Albion have just won brilliantly).

Far from it ... just another light hearted NSC thread that can be dipped into at any time.

No one else seems to be able to keep tabs on him!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Good post.

You’ll find it’s almost exclusively the haters who don’t like having to see this thread bounced, you know, the ones who agreed with the OP back when the thread was started. :smile:

Keep scoring Ashley, we’ll keep bouncing.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So shit that he's paid £40,000 a week, and helped Burnley be successful in the Premier League, as well as scoring 23 goals in the last 2 years.

Plenty of our fans have such a poor understanding of football that they were writing Barnes off while we were in the Championship, and he's proving them wrong week after week.

Why would anyone want to come on here and add themselves to the list of idiots who don't understand football?

Stupidity is my guess. :lolol:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I used to moan about Ashley Barnes at Withdean. Still wouldn't have him in the side now. But have you Ashley Lovers heard the new song? I missed it on here.
https://twitter.com/sharpeykenners/status/1160268902510878720?s=09

I loved AB at Withdean. This very young player who from the get-go got stuck in with countless vital goals and assists.

It was Chris Wood who frustrated me, a lumbering, lazy player, with seemingly had no energy, despite being at a great age for an athlete.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Shearer & co were praising his Premier League quality on MOTD. For all their faults, they do know a thing or two about being a striker. So much for not being good enough for the Championship.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Barnes to some of you is like a girlfriend who can’t get over even though she’s shagging someone else.

We all admire Ash,struggling with his limitations as he does,having a career as a top striker,but for the main part just love irritating the haters.:)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Shearer & co were praising his Premier League quality on MOTD. For all their faults, they do know a thing or two about being a striker. So much for not being good enough for the Championship.

We were still in League 1 when the thread was started January 2011. Mr Burns posted that Barnes wasn't good enough for League 1.
That's why the rest of us laugh at his abysmal knowledge of what makes a good player. Some of us could see the potential even then.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Considering Murray has scored more than him in the last two seasons I don’t really get the love in. If it amuses some people then fair enough.

As somebody posted somewhere, imagine how quicker our carry on up the leagues would have been if we'd kept the Murray-Barnes partnership intact.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
As somebody posted somewhere, imagine how quicker our carry on up the leagues would have been if we'd kept the Murray-Barnes partnership intact.

Was just starting to write the same answer. :clap2:

The OP stands out as a monumental piece of misjudgment and following posts instead of being admirable, show a kind of blinkered, trammeled thought process.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We were still in League 1 when the thread was started January 2011. Mr Burns posted that Barnes wasn't good enough for League 1.
Oh blimey, I'd forgotten that :lol:
That's why the rest of us laugh at his abysmal knowledge of what makes a good player.
Yes, I was one of them. He's just one fool though. Plenty of others claimed he wasn't good enough when we were in the Championship, so I criticise the whole lot of them.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Nah. It’s simple funny winding up the haters who made a glaring blunder in assessing an Albion player.
Indeed. And I'd leave them be if it weren't for the fact that they continue to write off our players, despite their obvious lack of knowledge when it comes to football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here