Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Nathan Jones

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I don't think you can say that, Nathan is obviously very ambitious, there was no guarantee Luton were going to win promotion to the Championship when the offer from Stoke came along, Stoke are a bigger club, with more moneyto spend and recent Premier League experience. I don't think anyone could blame him for making that choice.

Having said that, this will be a make or break season for him, his honeymoon period there is very much over, he put his stamp on what he wanted to achieve by bringing in several new faces, and he now has to deliver..

I can say that, I just did. It is perfectly understandable why he might take the job, I get that, get the ambition all of those things. However, there would have been another Chamionship job for Nathan Jones that better suited. Since he left Luton; Birmingham, Derby, Forest, Sheffield Wednesday, QPR, West Brom, Swansea, Fulham, Hull, Middlesbrough and Reading have all changed managers and I would say at least 7 of those suit Jones more than Stoke.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
You were always happy with what Hughton was doing, we just think different.:moo:

Yup thought he done a great job here but understood why fans and Bloom wanted him out. I just thankful Potter was appointed instead of the usual suspects. Let face it he could or still could turn out to be a Nathan Jones type of appointment, which I imagined you would have been pleased with that., but not me I don't rate the bloke at all.

D

Deleted member 2719

Yup thought he done a great job here but understood why fans and Bloom wanted him out. I just thankful Potter was appointed instead of the usual suspects. Let face it he could or still could turn out to be a Nathan Jones type of appointment, which I imagined you would have been pleased with that., but not me I don't rate the bloke at all.

Even though you are 7/8 welsh!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Stoke’s a shit hole. Serves him right.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It was a bad appointment from the start. Stoke was a club full of old pros, decent squad on paper who needed a wise sage of a manager who they'd respect. What they got was a young inexperienced manager.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Butlands doing his best to get him sacked two keeping mistakes one terrible mistake. Got to feel for Jonesy, but I would hope he can bounce back from it if he does get the boot.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here