Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] You’re Graham Potter

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Hemed, Jahanbakhsh, Locadia.

Hemed is too slow, end of. The other two are holding us back. Because they cost so much, we keep putting them in, hoping THIS will be the game when it all turns round. But it never is in Ali J's case, and although Locadia hasn't been quite so disastrous, most of the time he's poor-to-average and anything mildly out of the ordinary he manages to do, such as scoring in an open goal, is lauded to the skies because we are so desperate to see some evidence that he hasn't been a complete waste of money.

Uncomfortable reading but you've nailed how a few of my mates and I feel too.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Interested to watch the interviews yesterday.

Dean Smith “I’m sure Graham will say it wasn’t a penalty...”

Actually Dean he didn’t. And despite some shocking decisions against us this season he hasn’t mentioned them either. I really like Potter for this, concentrate on things we can control. He hasn’t once been drawn into decision debates.

Dean Smith quoted yesterday as he doesn’t know what is or isn’t a penalty. You do Dean, you know full well it wasn’t and if that had gone against you you’d be fuming. Potter is a classier act.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Interested to watch the interviews yesterday.

Dean Smith “I’m sure Graham will say it wasn’t a penalty...”

Actually Dean he didn’t. And despite some shocking decisions against us this season he hasn’t mentioned them either. I really like Potter for this, concentrate on things we can control. He hasn’t once been drawn into decision debates.

Dean Smith quoted yesterday as he doesn’t know what is or isn’t a penalty. You do Dean, you know full well it wasn’t and if that had gone against you you’d be fuming. Potter is a classier act.

Disagree with you on this (sorry).

I would like him to come out now and again and call things out. The vast majority of managers will have a pop now and again, and for me it’s part of the ‘game’.

Pre game, just remind everyone that we rarely get anything against big teams....

Any advantage for me......

It’s the same on the pitch we seem so meek and mild compared to everyone else. Lallana is about the only one whoever complains with any passion

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Disagree with you on this (sorry).

I would like him to come out now and again and call things out. The vast majority of managers will have a pop now and again, and for me it’s part of the ‘game’.

Pre game, just remind everyone that we rarely get anything against big teams....

Any advantage for me......

It’s the same on the pitch we seem so meek and mild compared to everyone else. Lallana is about the only one whoever complains with any passion

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No side ever got an advantage or decision against a so called big side due to a press conference ever.

The only thing talking about referees does is wind up referees. It also does nothing to positively reinforce what you and your team are doing.

So on this one we will have to disagree.:thumbsup:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
No side ever got an advantage or decision against a so called big side due to a press conference ever.

The only thing talking about referees does is wind up referees. It also does nothing to positively reinforce what you and your team are doing.

So on this one we will have to disagree.:thumbsup:

The amount of time Grealish was in the referee's ear yesterday, undoubtedly influenced him at times. I think it makes them reflect at times and review.
Apparently, referee's have commented this re Dyche as he's always in their ear, both before and during the game. Think I read it in The Athletic in an interview, so psychologically it must have some impact.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The amount of time Grealish was in the referee's ear yesterday, undoubtedly influenced him at times. I think it makes them reflect at times and review.
Apparently, referee's have commented this re Dyche as he's always in their ear, both before and during the game. Think I read it in The Athletic in an interview, so psychologically it must have some impact.

Not a manager giving an interview or press conference though is it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here