Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Adam Webster *** Signed on 4 year deal ***

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Injured, and not able to defend. Other than that he is perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still believe. As long as he hasn’t lost his pace I think he is very much a Potter type player.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
BRIGHTON AGREE WEBSTER DEAL

Sky sources understand Brighton have agreed a deal worth £22m for Bristol City defender Adam Webster.

Webster is on his way to Brighton for a medical and to discuss personal terms.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Clearly Bristol City's 2 clean sheets against Swansea, last season, left an impression.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If Clarke goes out on loan it pretty much confirms Dunk is staying.

I reckon an announcement involving Bruno formally handing over the captaincy at the game tonight.

Last edited:

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
I think it's a shrewd deal by our TB and staff...we may not lose Lewis, but if we do we have a back up. Just watched sky sports and they were saying Webster albeit championship stats was like for like with Dunk last year. He can also play holding midfield and has experience as full back. I hope it's to partner D AND D in a back three but if Lewis were to leave at least we are covered. Exciting but nervy days ahead guys. I may need to crack on with my Bender!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Still trying to get my head around and believe that we are spending over 20 million on a central defender when we are so well covered in that area......assuming that Dunk is not leaving of course.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Still trying to get my head around and believe that we are spending over 20 million on a central defender when we are so well covered in that area......assuming that Dunk is not leaving of course.

Three centre backs.

Dunk, Duffy, Webster.

Clarke out on loan leaves two. Balogun who isn't trusted and Burn who isn't good enough.

Adequate cover.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
BRIGHTON AGREE WEBSTER DEAL

Sky sources understand Brighton have agreed a deal worth £22m for Bristol City defender Adam Webster.

Webster is on his way to Brighton for a medical and to discuss personal terms.

Priority position, after all. Let's just play 11 centre backs.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
You can never have enough good defenders. Best example - Gary Lineker scored 30 league goals as Everton finished second in 1985-6. They sold him to Barcelona and bought defender David Watson from Norwich instead. Their top scorer in 1986-7 was midfielder Trevor Steven with 14. But they won the title.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
You can never have enough good defenders. Best example - Gary Lineker scored 30 league goals as Everton finished second in 1985-6. They sold him to Barcelona and bought defender David Watson from Norwich instead. Their top scorer in 1986-7 was midfielder Trevor Steven with 14. But they won the title.

Absolutely this, if we intend to play more attacking football, we need to improve the defence so as not to be over reliant on forward players coming back to defend, they still have defensive duties of course but further up the pitch.

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
Seeing as CB is the position where we seem to carry the biggest goal threat, the more we have of them at the club/on the pitch the better

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here