Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for Saturday v The Toon

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I would have Knocky on the bench - he can't be trusted to go 90 mins without acting like a twàt, but he could make himself a hero against tiring defenders if he comes on for half an hour.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I would have Knocky on the bench - he can't be trusted to go 90 mins without acting like a twàt, but he could make himself a hero against tiring defenders if he comes on for half an hour.

Agree ... but let's hope we tire their defenders, ours must be absolutely shagged

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yep. People mocked the team selection for the game against Spurs, and then the team went and performed well.

I'd go for Andone rather than Murray. If we then need a goal at the end, and Newcastle are defending deep, that's when I'd want Murray on.

Absolutely this. Not sure which wingers he'll start though......................

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Ryan

Montoya
Duffy
Dunk
Bernardo

March
Stephens
Kayal
AJ

Gross
Murray

Cutting oranges and getting nowhere near the pitch AK

——————Ryan————————
Bruno—Duffy——— Dunk—Bernardo
—————————————————
Knockaert—Kayal—Bissouma—March
————————Gross——————-
————————Andone——————

Subs
Button
Montoya
Burn
Stephens
Izquierdo
Locadia
Murray

Obviously no chance of happening of course and am already resigned to watching 90 minutes of Stephens dithering and Murray falling over - and if Newcastle are not on the beach we will leave it all in Cardiff's hands

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
My team for Newcastle

Ryan
Bruno-Duffy-Dunk-Bernardo
Knockaert-Stephens-Kayal-March
Andone-Murray​

Back to basics, a team where every player knows his position.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Ryan
Bruno-Duffy-Dunk-Bernardo
Knockaert-Stephens-Kayal-March
Andone-Murray​

Back to basics, a team where every player knows his position.

I would love it to be that.

but not a chance in hell of Andone and Murray starting together.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Ryan
Bruno Duffy Dunk Bong
Bissouma Groß Pröpper Bernardo
Locadia Andone​

Subs: Button, Burn, March, Stephens, Murray, Izquierdo, Montoya

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Can't agree... we are ridiculously short of goals... Knocky must start...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Can't agree... we are ridiculously short of goals... Knocky must start...

I'm not saying he plays no part, and I can see the argument for playing him. But ultimately, if we go a goal down AGAIN, would you trust him to keep at it and not lose his head?

You are right though - it is mental that we are having to even discuss playing him. It should be the case that he's lost his place, but we are so woeful going forward that it is a case of needs must.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Ryan

Montoya
Duffy
Dunk
Bernardo

March
Stephens
Kayal
AJ

Gross
Murray

Cutting oranges and getting nowhere near the pitch AK

Right, so AJ, our LEAST effective forward, in place of AK, our MOST effective!! Un-****ing-believable...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Ryan
Bruno Duffy Dunk Bong
Bissouma Groß Pröpper Bernardo
Locadia Andone​

Subs: Button, Burn, March, Stephens, Murray, Izquierdo, Montoya

Oh dear... Locadia LoL

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
We didn't manage to keep possession at any point during the game, so if he hadn't shot, we'd have lost possession soon enough. And when he shot, how many of us were thinking it was a mistake? I was thinking it was ok that he was having a go, as the alternative was a pass or two before losing the ball anyway. And it's not like we were out of shape and beaten on the break, we were beaten by a great strike.

You are forgetting 2 important facts 1)who the poster is and 2)who the player who shot was. It would have been the wrong choice no matter what had happened.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

We will be appear to be better against the teams who believe they can play with possession but in reality are not as good at it as the top teams, and are not set up as defensively as the teams at the bottom. Our lack of pace is not so evident, we have a bot more space for our attackers to get on the ball. This is why Saturday intrigues me (Excites me, terrifies me in equal measure!) : Newcastle of a few weeks ago would have come to defend, and we would have struggled. They may believe, consciously or otherwise that they can take the game to us - if they do that I think we will win. AK on the bench - he is one of our few "match winners" capable of creating something .. I think it will be :
Ryan
Montoya Duffy Dunk Bernardo
Gross Stephens Kayal
March Murray Locadia

I would prefer Andone to Murray, but don't think we will see that - reasonable to argue that our highest scoring player starts (with Gross) and Andone as impact with 20 minutes to go if we are needing an injection of something!

Trelford Mills Guide Dog

Jun 14, 2008
———————— Ryan
Bruno —— Duffy ———- Dunk —— Bernardo
Knockaert — Kayal —— Stephens —— March
———————— Groß
———————- Andone

Would be happy with Bissouma or Kayal :)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here