Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Preparing for the championship

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
It’s the same for all the teams in the bottom half of the table. If they had a bigger nucleus of better players they’d be in the top half where the bed wetting is about finishing top 4 and not the bottom 3. In the bottom half no one is safe. It’s all about the money and which clubs are prepared to gamble it. Sad state of affairs where money is usually the answer to a problem - bit like life really.
Perhaps that’s why I preferred football before the premier league when priorities and values were somewhat different.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
It’s the same for all the teams in the bottom half of the table. If they had a bigger nucleus of better players they’d be in the top half where the bed wetting is about finishing top 4 and not the bottom 3. In the bottom half no one is safe. It’s all about the money and which clubs are prepared to gamble it. Sad state of affairs where money is usually the answer to a problem - bit like life really.
Perhaps that’s why I preferred football before the premier league when priorities and values were somewhat different.

Spot on mate

View from the Pier

Feb 27, 2019
With the remaining games we are relying on the kindness of others, Warnock has the knack of getting out of seemingly impossible situations. For all our bluster and 21st century stadium etc we are very possibly going down , I don't blame the manager at all, the squad is borderline adequate.

The kindness of the linesman at Cardiff. Even though I don't particularly like Cardiff or their fans I have a lot of sympathy with Warnock about the state of decision making and the need for VAR,

Nothing from that game likely nail in Cardiff's relegation coffin

curly69

Jan 4, 2006
sydney
thats been said elsewhere ....we have put in some pretty average performances to be fair.....yesterdays was ****ing woeful ....hows yer brother.

Paul"s fine spoke to him sunday alan is always on holiday good for him.I went to man u and palace home games maybe i just got lucky.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
We need to beat Cardiff and pick up about 3 points from all the other games. It's very do-able!

Loose to Cardiff though and we are totally F-*d.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
We need to beat Cardiff and pick up about 3 points from all the other games. It's very do-able!

Loose to Cardiff though and we are totally F-*d.

Have you even looked at their fixtures?

Away to City, away to Burnley, away to us then home to Liverpool.

It’s not until they play Fulham away on 27th that they can think about closing the gap and what beat them 20-0 to overhaul the goal difference?

Then they’re home to Palace and finish away to Man United.

Looking at that run in they’ve effectively got four games to target points from - us, Burnley, Fulham and Palace and they’re not going to fire in all of those are they?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
It's funny, because after the Palace game everyone said we were DEFIANTLY staying up. Amazing what a defeat can do... :dunce:

#OneGameAtATime

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
With the run of recent results, and the run in we have, I am resigned to us playing in the championship next season, unless Houghton pulls some sort of rabbit out of the bag.

We dont have the quality or depth in squad to compete at this level. The fault lies at the managers door, and would not trust him to try to take us straight back up in a competitive division. He would have to go.

If we don't have the squad to compete at this level, then you must be absolutely BUZZING that we are 5 points clear of the drop zone, and absolutely creaming yourself that we are in the FA Cup SF for only the 2nd time in our HISTORY. If the squad is as poor as you say then Hughton must a truly great manager, and yet no, you want him out.

Have a word with yourself mate.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
The kindness of the linesman at Cardiff. Even though I don't particularly like Cardiff or their fans I have a lot of sympathy with Warnock about the state of decision making and the need for VAR,

Nothing from that game likely nail in Cardiff's relegation coffin

100% PaLLace troll.

No BHA fan would feel sympathy for Warnock in losing that game after an offside equaliser considering what happened in the last minute of our game at Cardiff.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
As I said on another thread:

Cardiff will fight like caged pitbulls against us...it will probably be the ugliest, nastiest, wingefest any of us have ever witnessed and we really don't like to play against teams that come at us. I think the Bournemouth and Newcastle games are more likely to be the home games where we can pick up points.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009

Cardiff will fight like caged pitbulls against us...it will probably be the ugliest, nastiest, wingefest any of us have ever witnessed and we really don't like to play against teams that come at us. I think the Bournemouth and Newcastle games are more likely to be the home games where we can pick up points.

Totally disagree, we are better when teams come at us describing Cardiff as a team that will come at us then saying we are more likely to pick up points against Bournemouth, who are an extremely attacking team?

Oh and by the way Cardiff don’t play anything that even resembles ‘football’ it’s just disgusting hoofing, fouling & long throws, no surprises with Warncock as manager that they play dinosaur football, the players work their bollocks off I grant you but aside from that I can’t stand the way they play.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

In terms of games at the wrong end of the table, do we think this is our biggest since that Millwall game when the crowd turned on Hyppia?

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Christ. So you see no points for us against Bournemouth, Newcastle or Cardiff at the Amex. You see Cardiff overhauling a 5 point, 19 goal deficit when their run-in includes Chelsea tomorrow, visits to Man City and Man Utd, as well as hosting Liverpool. That "resigns" you to us going down ?? We're not 6 points adrift at the foot of the table, we're FIVE POINTS CLEAR of the dropzone. There's clearly still work to do, nobody is under any illusions. But your guff about pulling rabbits from bags (its hats btw), as if we're already in need of snookers to stay up, is utter bobbins.

The fact that we are still 5 points north of the shitstorm proves that we DO have the quality to compete at this level, just as we proved it a year ago. Have a quiet little cry in the corner over losing today if you really feel you need to, but at the same time - get a fvcking grip, and a spine, snowflake. We were shithouse today, it happens. It'll continue to happen, because we're a bang average PL team. But we'll PROBABLY be alright.

Sorry if thats not enough though.

And presumably at no point while typing this did you have any inkling that the OP is a Palace troll whose every post on here (all 6 of them) are anti-BHA or Hughton bashing wind-up shite, as a quick check of his posting history would have confirmed?

:ffsparr:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Paul"s fine spoke to him sunday alan is always on holiday good for him.I went to man u and palace home games maybe i just got lucky.

ha ... palace home for that performance ....once in a lifetime mate ....going back for 2 weeks in june ......will see your bro and the lion crew and rick and sarah.....hope you're well mate .

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Totally disagree, we are better when teams come at us describing Cardiff as a team that will come at us then saying we are more likely to pick up points against Bournemouth, who are an extremely attacking team?

Oh and by the way Cardiff don’t play anything that even resembles ‘football’ it’s just disgusting hoofing, fouling & long throws, no surprises with Warncock as manager that they play dinosaur football, the players work their bollocks off I grant you but aside from that I can’t stand the way they play.

well they had chelsea by the scrotum till pawson stepped in.....it won't be pretty but we just need to play them off the park ......4 or 5-0.........:sheepshaggers:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here