Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Our next prime minister BBC 1

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
So Johnson couldn't even be arsed to prepare for the only debate he was forced to take part in.

Go Boris. Don't you just love him :facepalm:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I cannot believe one of these very poor politicians will be voted in to be Prime Minister by equally poor politicians. Its not about one of these politicians being a better option than Jeremy Corbyn, its about choosing a candidate capable of being the political leader of our Country. Can anyone honestly see before them a leader in waiting, trustworthy and capable of uniting the country and successfully delivering Brexit? I can't, but not to worry it not up to the general public and I fail to see why this debate is being televised, we cannot influence who will be in charge in a few weeks. A general election should be called as soon as the new Prime minister has been chosen and then televised debate should be between opposing political candidates.

No I can't and I totally agree with you.
Just finished and that was very depressing and vomit inducing.
What a total waste of time.
As a country whatever happens we are f****d.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Stewart unfortunately shot himself in foot by being too honest, particularly on the tax question.

He isn't going to win the tory leadership on the basis of ruling out no deal and no tax cuts, despite being a fair, honest and pragmatic stance.

Edit: As for Johnson, the bloke is an eejit with a god complex.

Didn't know Gary Lineker was a Conservative Party member...
Screenshot_20190618-211105.png

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hunt, Javid, and Johnson all useless.

Gove did well.

Stewart did well also, but he won't win. The winner should make Rory foreign secretary.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Stewart unfortunately shot himself in foot by being too honest, particularly on the tax question.

He isn't going to win the tory leadership on the basis of ruling out no deal and no tax cuts, despite being a fair, honest and pragmatic stance.

Edit: As for Johnson, the bloke is an eejit with a god complex.

He did say the priority was to invest in public services, not very Tory at all

The rest of them just promising uncosted BS with a weaker post Brexit tax base. Boris's claim his tax cut would help nurses was an absolute classic as was his claim that his remarks about Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe did not damage her case in Iran

Overall a poor programme compared to C4, why has happened to the Beeb on news and current affairs these days, maybe the Tory war on them is actually working

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here