Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Women's world cup

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Albion Prem

Nov 23, 2018
Lindfield
Low quality minority sport that gets way more coverage than it should. I've yet to meet one person who is interested in it and yet the BBC are wetting themselves with excitement over it. I sincerely hope the England team absolutely bomb and are out after 2 games. If they do progress we won't hear the last of 'the rise of women's football' / 'the prima donna males coud learn a lot from them' etc.

As much as i enjoy football a break between seasons is welcome,however the increase in showing women kicking a ball around in the close season reduces the number of sportshows that could be shown.How long will it be before we hear that they want the same salary as our top footballers,then pressure will be increased for mixed sides

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
I'm enjoying this world cup, the quality has increased a fair bit (I think?) and some good stuff. nigeria's second goal today was a cracker! potential for best match so far tonight...

boik

As much as i enjoy football a break between seasons is welcome,however the increase in showing women kicking a ball around in the close season reduces the number of sportshows that could be shown.How long will it be before we hear that they want the same salary as our top footballers,then pressure will be increased for mixed sides

I don't even know where to start with this. You do realise that the mens kicking a ball around world cup is also in the close season don't you? I keep thinking I'm being whooshed with these comments but it seems not.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
I don't even know where to start with this. You do realise that the mens kicking a ball around world cup is also in the close season don't you? I keep thinking I'm being whooshed with these comments but it seems not.

Don't rise to it, this illiterate (check her posting history for some marvellous grammatical fvck ups) dimbecile is yet another sad Palace fan masquerading under the flag of the glorious blue and white army.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Shocking decision, never a pen

Yep, and this is a clear demonstration of why VAR is severely flawed. The referee had a good view of the incident in real times and deemed it no foul.

All of a sudden, ‘VAR review’ in her ear and she starts to doubt. To compound matters, the replay shown to the referee multiple time did not show the full incident which clearly showed two players focused on getting to the ball and both going in with potentially reckless play.

Total shambles.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I saw the Nigeria v South Korea match this afternoon and there was a VAR check to see if a Nigerian player had handled the ball before it was an own goal due to no communication between defender and keeper.

I'm dreading injury time next season - we might have to get used to seven or eight minutes regularly at the end of matches. Premier League grounds will be emptying early (50%?) as fans rush for trains or buses.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Low quality minority sport that gets way more coverage than it should. I've yet to meet one person who is interested in it and yet the BBC are wetting themselves with excitement over it. I sincerely hope the England team absolutely bomb and are out after 2 games. If they do progress we won't hear the last of 'the rise of women's football' / 'the prima donna males coud learn a lot from them' etc.

It gets more coverage than it should simply because it is cheaper to buy the television rights for this than almost any standard of mens football.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
IYou do realise that the mens kicking a ball around world cup is also in the close season don't you?

Not any more - the next WC is in mid-season

Shocking decision, never a pen

It looked a pen to me. Very similar to the one that Spain got against South Africa, player went to kick the ball, missed and kicked the player instead. It wasn't intentional but that doesn't matter, intent doesn't come into it

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Not any more - the next WC is in mid-season

It looked a pen to me. Very similar to the one that Spain got against South Africa, player went to kick the ball, missed and kicked the player instead. It wasn't intentional but that doesn't matter, intent doesn't come into it

But she did kick the ball. It flies off at right angles, also the French girl jumps in with both feet too. If there is a foul in the challenge that is it.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
I'm too bloody busy to watch the Women's WC, but I have been made very much aware it's on by the constant whinging of men bleating about why they won't watch it/why's it on so much. Pathetic.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here