Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sam Baldock moves to Reading {CONFIRMED}

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Just like Hemed and Knockhaert, excellent (truly excellent) in Champ but the Prem is SO different. Why teams don't come in with huge bids but players like these and Norwood is beyond me. We sell them for next to nothing when they've provern it for so many years in a row.

Tiptoe through the NSC

Sep 13, 2017
St. Leonards-on-Sea
Just like Hemed and Knockhaert, excellent (truly excellent) in Champ but the Prem is SO different. Why teams don't come in with huge bids but players like these and Norwood is beyond me. We sell them for next to nothing when they've provern it for so many years in a row.

Clubs often sell loyal players for a low fee as a sign of gratitude for their service. By doing so they are allowing the player a greater choice of destination plus a better chance of a good signing-on fee and/or salary at the new club. A good recent example is Rooney to Everton on a free.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Shame to see hiis career stalling like this.

He was a major factor in our promotion.

Super Sammy Baldock!

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Doubt he'll get a better offer elsewhere contract/ pay wise, and if this is the case I'd stay where I was and let Reading continue to pay me. Reading signed up to that contract. They are just desperate to cut their wage bill. I thought he had just a year left of his contract and if that's the case, stay for a year and then go where he wants.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Baldrick will be on big money contract so he'll find it very hard to get anything like whats hes earning atm - probably get loaned out to a Lge1 club

Agree, The Reading fans all assuming that list of players will all automatically leave ! Be lucky. Sam will be there a while, out on loan at best I'd bet

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Doubt he'll get a better offer elsewhere contract/ pay wise, and if this is the case I'd stay where I was and let Reading continue to pay me. Reading signed up to that contract. They are just desperate to cut their wage bill. I thought he had just a year left of his contract and if that's the case, stay for a year and then go where he wants.

I’d imagine we may still be contributing to his wages.

Didn’t he sign a new deal the season before he left?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here