Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Most annoying thing about yourself.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I just can't understand anyone who doesn't have their record collection in alphabetical order by artists, with the artists records filed in release date order.

Me too.

Actually....I get very annoyed by people who take out records or CDs and leave them in a loose pile, covered in finger marks. The scum.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I am a bad judge of when to keep quiet and put up and when to put my foot down and say something. The result is I can often put up with an unfair situation for too long or overreact to something that could have been tolerated had I judged the situation a bit better.

In my forties now and I’ve learned to counter this by just keeping quiet until I’ve figured a situation out properly. The problem has lessened because of this but I still have my moments.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Me too.

Actually....I get very annoyed by people who take out records or CDs and leave them in a loose pile, covered in finger marks. The scum.

Totally agree. It's just as bad watching films/tv or friends where they take a record out of a sleeve and have their fingers on the vinyl rather than just the outer rim and central label.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I don’t understand people who can’t keep things clean, tidy and in order full stop. Why would somebody choose to live in a mess? I’m afraid I have very little patience with such things. It’s not an age thing either, been like it all my life. There’s also no point making a fuss about it, better to just to do it yourself , they’ll do a shit job. You’ll get no thanks and you’ll spend a fair chunk of your free time tidying and cleaning but you won’t have to be live/work in a shit hole.

The Holy Grail for me is getting to work or getting home and it all being clean and tidy so that you can just get in and get on with work / relaxing without having to spend at least half hour tidying up after someone else. I think that’s happened about 3 times in a year.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I don’t understand people who can’t keep things clean, tidy and in order full stop. Why would somebody choose to live in a mess? I’m afraid I have very little patience with such things. It’s not an age thing either, been like it all my life. There’s also no point making a fuss about it, better to just to do it yourself , they’ll do a shit job. You’ll get no thanks and you’ll spend a fair chunk of your free time tidying and cleaning but you won’t have to be live/work in a shit hole.

The Holy Grail for me is getting to work or getting home and it all being clean and tidy so that you can just get in and get on with work / relaxing without having to spend at least half hour tidying up after someone else. I think that’s happened about 3 times in a year.

Very much this. I cannot abide a mess. As a kid I never once had to be told to tidy my room, I always kept it spotless. Its borderline OCD levels.

If I'm settling down to watch a film, I can't have stuff lying around the living room, it HAS to be clean and tidy first. I've always been like it. On the flipside, my daughter's bedroom was like a pigsty, you could barely see the carpet for the amount of clothes / plates / general dreck lying around all over the place. I used to say to her "if you can't keep 1 room tidy, I dread to think what your house will be like when you get your own home". She's now married, with her own home, and whaddya know, she keeps it absolutely spotless. She hates a mess now (her husband is an untidy bugger though, so she has her work cut out).

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Putting off anything I'm slightly anxious about. It just makes the anxiety* 100 times worse and, when I'm ultimately FORCED into the situation I realise it wasn't as bad as I thought.

At college I started a course. For some reason I missed the first 2 lessons. Anyone with brains would have turned up early to week 3, apologised to the teacher and got on with it. However my brain started panicking and I physically stood at the door.....could see the teacher.....and still wimped out and went to the pub :lolol: . It got to EIGHT WEEKS before I was receiving letters from the college. I eventually went and, yes it was a bit awkward to start, I got through it.

I did the same at Uni on one of the classes. Idiot. Actually failed the first year due to lack of exams taken :lolol: Thankfully I re-took them in the summer and passed but it gave me the fright of all frights. I still wake up now (15 years later) thinking I have some coursework to hand in.

No idea why I do it to myself.

*I feel bad using the word anxiety as I've never been diagnosed with it and I don't wish to undermine what suffering with anxiety is really like (which I've seen first hand).

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Very much this. I cannot abide a mess. As a kid I never once had to be told to tidy my room, I always kept it spotless. Its borderline OCD levels.

If I'm settling down to watch a film, I can't have stuff lying around the living room, it HAS to be clean and tidy first. I've always been like it. On the flipside, my daughter's bedroom was like a pigsty, you could barely see the carpet for the amount of clothes / plates / general dreck lying around all over the place. I used to say to her "if you can't keep 1 room tidy, I dread to think what your house will be like when you get your own home". She's now married, with her own home, and whaddya know, she keeps it absolutely spotless. She hates a mess now (her husband is an untidy bugger though, so she has her work cut out).

Totally with you on having to tidy before I can relax with a film or book etc.

It’s frustrating as an adult because you just look like a bit of a weirdo if you’re constantly asking other adults to tidy up after themselves so you just end up being the “cleaner”, it’s simply the only way to ensure it’s done properly. Exhausting!

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
I am really, REALLY bad at staying in touch with people .... in fact I'm staggered that friends/family even bother to keep in touch tbh, but I'm glad they do! :)

I also leave CDs/ magazines/books all over the place, nothing is in any particular order, but it only annoys me when I can't find something.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I get hemorrhoids. My nose runs with some ugly snot. I smell horrible when farting. My feet smell. I'm rather heavy. I have flab underneath my arms. I look like my father and mother. I have sneezed into someone else's mouth. I sometimes am overbearing when speaking about religion and other topics. I hate coffee and onions to a degree most people would not understand. I hate riding on trains. I drive everywhere despite the cost. I love eating bits from bins. I'm falling in love with American sports that most Europeans don't appreciate. I wake up in the middle of the night to post on FA team message board. I look at some American websites to see what's going on over there during my work day. I'm a horrible perfectionist at my place of employment.

Despite all this I'm still loved by my family.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I've never been good at self-deprecating humour.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here