Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I was thinking of Worthing HM but Hastings is much more fun so I’m in.

Only run about 20miles in th last 4 months for various reasons but just shaking off the last of this years man flu so hope to park run on Saturday and push on from there. How many weeks till BM......:eek:

14 weeks - and I'm expecting you to absolutely kick my butt as well.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
A really mixed week for me. The 11 miler on Sunday led to DOMS and a really painfully tight calf. Should have gone out on Tuesday and Wednesday but instead was on an ibuprofen .foam roll / stretch cycle. That finally paid off today with an easy 50 minutes on the front that appears not to have killed me.

I'd have expected to have been rested from a week with my feet up but instead it seems that I had done so little before my long run that it nearly finished me off.

As a bonus I ran past [MENTION=2655]Tony Meolas Loan Spell [/MENTION] twice today and we did the Muzza hand on head greeting.
[MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] you may be taking on a crock :lol:

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
I think I recall [MENTION=24975]St Leonards Seagull[/MENTION] ,Simgull, PH, Knocky finish 3 years ago. In descending order. A good 2019 NSC challenge? March 24th. Sign Up.

Negative, you beat me. In fact I thought you were second behind st leornards with simgull third and me a brave last

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I think I recall [MENTION=24975]St Leonards Seagull[/MENTION] ,Simgull, PH, Knocky finish 3 years ago. In descending order. A good 2019 NSC challenge? March 24th. Sign Up.

If I can grab a lift from someone I'd love to sign up. The race comes highly recommended and it's one I've never entered before.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I got out yesterday for the first time since 22nd December. Managed just over a mile. Planned to get up and out early doors this morning, but too damn tired. Currently at my desk trying to not fall asleep!

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
U shaped Prom Parkrun today. Set off at 6" mile pace into the wind and steadily slowed to 8" mile pace at halfway point. Then woke up and battled steadily faster to finish at 6" pace.
Result of actually doing some training this week was to add a minute to last week and sneak under 22.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
U shaped Prom Parkrun today. Set off at 6" mile pace into the wind and steadily slowed to 8" mile pace at halfway point. Then woke up and battled steadily faster to finish at 6" pace.
Result of actually doing some training this week was to add a minute to last week and sneak under 22.

No-one shouting at you with a mile to go......[emoji23][emoji23]

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I managed to not remember to bring my running watch this morning so I had to use my bike computer instead. Good start, preparation success story. At least I made the 9am start. I've managed to be late to work every day this week for a 9am start, the closest I got was 09:07. Not great. parkrun is less of a problem to be honest and as I was up anyway, I thought I'd take in a different run to Hove Park. [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] was out resplendent in short sleeve shirt and gloves :)nono:). I can't sync my run until later on, but I was either just under 21 or just over. At the moment it's debatable whether I'll get sub 20 again before the Gaffer or not.

Tomorrow will be a longer run, somewhere between 6 and 9 miles but nothing further. I'm committed to building back up steadily, I don't think I'll be running the Half distance before Worthing's showpiece event. I doubt I'll be competing in that but I'll be doing my own run of the distance that day.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
A windier Worthing than of late saw me finish with a 22:21 (74.33%). Another week when I don't need to trouble the scorer - but he might need to trouble himself? firmly A field of 537 might show that Worthing's finest still have their New Year's resolutions firmly in focus.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
[MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] was out resplendent in short sleeve shirt and gloves :)nono:). I can't sync my run until later on, but I was either just under 21 or just over. At the moment it's debatable whether I'll get sub 20 again before the Gaffer or not.

I'll wear what I want and ignore the fashion police. :lol:They keep my extremities warm and are useful for mopping up sweat and snot. The T shirt allows ventilation of the overheating upper body.

Good to see you yesterday and you seem to be in the right head space to wait out the loss of form. Shame we couldn't beat the visiting Scouser who went sub 19.......

I'll not be troubling the scorers for 5 weeks now as I up the mileage. 9 miles now at super plod speed of 10" mile pace.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here