Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Tottenham warned over Champions League stadium advertisement

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
To be fair, after all this, it's going to look MEGA isn't it.

In the grand scheme I could wait (oh, and we KNOW about waiting) a little bit longer for something that good.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Reminds me of the wonderful "Please stay off the pitch at the final whistle so Sam and the lads can do a lap of honour"

N17

Jun 21, 2011
All a bit silly really. Tottenham are the only London team in the CL this season &, the last time i checked at least, Wembley Stadium was in London.

Obviously if someone wants to split hairs then, yeah, it is not at the new ground.

Then again, it is Woolwich supporters we are talking about here.Let them have their fun.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
All a bit silly really. Tottenham are the only London team in the CL this season &, the last time i checked at least, Wembley Stadium was in London.

Obviously if someone wants to split hairs then, yeah, it is not at the new ground.

Then again, it is Woolwich supporters we are talking about here.Let them have their fun.

Yes, but the whole advert was based on seeing Champions League games at the new stadium, NOT at Wembley. Thats hardly splitting hairs, there was no mention of fans having to yomp up at the national stadium for it. Nobody wanted to do that (as the swathes of empty seats there would attest).

Spurs attempted a snidey smug little dig at Arsenal and Chelsea, and have ended up with egg all over their faces. And they richly deserve it.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

"The only place to watch UEFA Champions League in London

Time is running out to secure premier seats at Spurs' new stadium"

The advert is nothing to do with Wembley.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel

Spurs could very likely be out of the CL before January, which is the earliest estimate for the WHL’s completion, let alone the first match to be played there (Personally dont think the first match at a brand new untested stadium should be part of a major transnational tournament). The fact an Arsenal fan made the complaint just makes it funny.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Spurs could very likely be out of the CL before January, which is the earliest estimate for the WHL’s completion, let alone the first match to be played there (Personally dont think the first match at a brand new untested stadium should be part of a major transnational tournament). The fact an Arsenal fan made the complaint just makes it funny.

They will have to have trial events to get the safety certificate, so if Spurs are still in the CL it won't be the first match there.

N17

Jun 21, 2011
Yes, but the whole advert was based on seeing Champions League games at the new stadium, NOT at Wembley. Thats hardly splitting hairs, there was no mention of fans having to yomp up at the national stadium for it. Nobody wanted to do that (as the swathes of empty seats there would attest).

Spurs attempted a snidey smug little dig at Arsenal and Chelsea, and have ended up with egg all over their faces. And they richly deserve it.

Egg on their faces? Hardly.

But if us moving I to our new stadium a few months late makes you happy, fill your boots.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Egg on their faces? Hardly.

But if us moving I to our new stadium a few months late makes you happy, fill your boots.

Oh come on. “Egg on their faces” is the least it is. It’s quite comical, and made all the funnier because at least 50% of the complainants are Arsenal fans.

Are you really so po-faced you can’t see that Spurs have had karma bite them in the Arse?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
go_arsenal-4114.gif

N17

Jun 21, 2011
Oh come on. “Egg on their faces” is the least it is. It’s quite comical, and made all the funnier because at least 50% of the complainants are Arsenal fans.

Are you really so po-faced you can’t see that Spurs have had karma bite them in the Arse?

I think it is amusing that opposition fans thinks anyone gives a toss. The ad was aimed at tourists. If us playing at Wembley keeps the tourists away I'm all for it.

As for Woolwich, how those nomads (Dial Square, Woolwich Arsenal, attempted merger with Fulham, Highbury and Ashburton Grove) have the cheek to dig anyone out about where they play is beyond me.

What is amusing is all the opposition fans who think they are so so funny (yawn) will be gagging for tickets to our new place when we move in.

Enjoy.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here