Harry Redknapp to Bournemouth

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
His puppy has a NatWest piggy account

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He's waiting for grandad, because when 'Old Harry Rocks' at QPR, he will return to the Cherries to fill the void left following Eddie Howe's move to the Albion...

I keep seeing references to Eddie Howe, what Brighton fans don't get is that Howe LOVES being Bournemouth manager and wants to stay there. We cannot comprehend this as no manager wants to stay at Brighton even though we have much more to offer...allegedly.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
He's waiting for grandad, because when 'Old Harry Rocks' at QPR, he will return to the Cherries to fill the void left following Eddie Howe's move to the Albion...

Eddie Howe is just one of those managers who will only ever succeed at a certain club. He went to Burnley, a club you'd have thought would have been right up his street in terms of budget and football style, and all he did was buy Bournemouth players, and, ultimately, fail.

I'm sure he's being paid very handsomely down there, and, with all due respect, their level of expectations is such that, if he doesn't get them promoted again, they'll still love him and use the "we're only little Bournemouth" excuse. He simply can't lose. It's the dream job. He will not leave Bournemouth again, and certainly not for us.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Eddie Howe is just one of those managers who will only ever succeed at a certain club. He went to Burnley, a club you'd have thought would have been right up his street in terms of budget and football style, and all he did was buy Bournemouth players, and, ultimately, fail.

I'm sure he's being paid very handsomely down there, and, with all due respect, their level of expectations is such that, if he doesn't get them promoted again, they'll still love him and use the "we're only little Bournemouth" excuse. He simply can't lose. It's the dream job. He will not leave Bournemouth again, and certainly not for us.

A tad harsh in my opinion......

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
It's not hard to see that Edna doesn't like us - comes across in his posts regarding us, which is fine.

For what it's worth, I think Eddie will definitely go again if we continue to go well, obviously it will be the next move when he will get the massive pressure..everyone will bring up the Burnley thing (which MAY have turned out OK..no one will ever know).

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
It's not hard to see that Edna doesn't like us - comes across in his posts regarding us, which is fine.

For what it's worth, I think Eddie will definitely go again if we continue to go well, obviously it will be the next move when he will get the massive pressure..everyone will bring up the Burnley thing (which MAY have turned out OK..no one will ever know).

Perhaps that was slightly unfair. It's more Eddie Howe I don't like than the club, although I can't say the financial goings-on are particularly pleasing either.

Either way: I feel as though he's tried the ambition thing once and it didn't work out for him, and that he clearly is a great fit for AFCB, so why change that? I suppose he's still young enough to have another go, but maybe he knows when he's on to a good thing? His status at the club means he'd have to have an absolutely catastrophic season for the fans to ever get on his back.

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
Perhaps that was slightly unfair. It's more Eddie Howe I don't like than the club, although I can't say the financial goings-on are particularly pleasing either.

Either way: I feel as though he's tried the ambition thing once and it didn't work out for him, and that he clearly is a great fit for AFCB, so why change that? I suppose he's still young enough to have another go, but maybe he knows when he's on to a good thing? His status at the club means he'd have to have an absolutely catastrophic season for the fans to ever get on his back.

Well I see your point - I can't see him going that soon, but if it's somewhere in the south I think he could be tempted, I certainly can't see him going up north again, probably ever. He's certainly got credit in hand with us and it will take a lot for us to get on his back, etc..

Financially, we have been spending a lot, but as you know, if you have someone who, admittedly, not a life long fan like Bloom (how often does that happen!) seems to like the club and willing to invest some money in you have to give it a try. Since Demin started investing I think we have tried to go into this venture with our eyes open as to what the future may bring. A bigger ground is paramount, hopefully still in King's park that will get the fan base growing.

Whatever, never a dull moment with us...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here